IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

Poor kid - I hope he turns around. I seriously think that Jennifer has Munchhausen syndrome! She feeds off this and diverts traffic from twitter to her blog and back and forth. I find it disgusting.

Yeah I think she loves it too. It's weird that the kid keeps getting so sick though (it's not like you can fake things like SVT and pneumonia, right?)

EDIT: I think she gives really weird medical details, too. Do we all really need to know his blood sugar level?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think she loves it too. It's weird that the kid keeps getting so sick though (it's not like you can fake things like SVT and pneumonia, right?)

No but you can alter and add things to make it seem worse then what it is - apparently that is what she like to do. According to McMWOP....

She should just update in one place. Not check facebook for this update, then twitter, then back to her blog. She is driving traffic and I know she makes money off it. I am sure she is worried for Stellan but I really dislike that she basically wh%r#s him out every chance she can. Using a sick kid to turn a profit is sick......

Edited for Beeks edit - That is what I mean - she give every. little. detail. All together it sounds horrible but if you just say he has pneumonia - eh, not as scary so not as much traffic.

EDIT: I think she gives really weird medical details, too. Do we all really need to know his blood sugar level?

She screams Munchausen's. And you can't fake pneumonia, but you can cause it. Don't think that doesn't happen.

She screams Munchausen's. And you can't fake pneumonia, but you can cause it. Don't think that doesn't happen.

That makes my stomach turn. I really hope she isn't that far gone.

Nurses and anyone who has been hospitalized with pneumonia know that it's routine to check blood sugars when you are hospitalized with pneumonia, because of the basic treatment protocol: Fluids, IV antibiotics, nebs, O2, and IV steroids. The steroids can lead to high blood sugar, thus the regular checks. Usually, this is just for monitoring. Type II diabetics may require temporary insulin coverage while hospitalized, and Type I diabetics may require an increase in either basal insulin (pumps) or long acting insulin (Lantus).

That's the usual protocol at my hospital.

Is there any run up to pneumonia? I mean doesn't the child have to get sick first?

I guess she was too busy dressing the goats in tutus and diaper wraps to notice the kid was ill until it was too late

Well the bankruptcy has been filed already, time to run up more medical debt.

Makes me wonder if Stellan is now going to come out of the hospital with a mysterious sugar level disease that'll turn in to diabetes as she evolves and learns the appropriate treatments for diabetes. I am very skeptical of McMama and really think she just uses this type of thing as the lead in to the next disease that her child will mysteriously have.

Is there any run up to pneumonia? I mean doesn't the child have to get sick first?

I guess she was too busy dressing the goats in tutus and diaper wraps to notice the kid was ill until it was too late

When my oldest got pneumonia, he was totally fine the night before and then was just lethargic the next day in preschool (he seemed fine when my husband took him to preschool) when he was picked up. He was at least 3 years old, maybe 4 (I don't remember. His ages all start to run together after awhile :oops: ) and after that we found out about his allergy to dist mites (he still had the welts on his back the day after having the skin test done).

I've always thought it was weird that he all of a sudden got sick, but who knows? I think that usually you develop pneumonia when you're sick first.

That's my little anecdote about pneumonia, but I think my son was an exception to the rule in regards to being sick first. :think:

When my oldest got pneumonia, he was totally fine the night before and then was just lethargic the next day in preschool (he seemed fine when my husband took him to preschool) when he was picked up. He was at least 3 years old, maybe 4 (I don't remember. His ages all start to run together after awhile :oops: ) and after that we found out about his allergy to dist mites (he still had the welts on his back the day after having the skin test done).

I've always thought it was weird that he all of a sudden got sick, but who knows? I think that usually you develop pneumonia when you're sick first.

That's my little anecdote about pneumonia, but I think my son was an exception to the rule in regards to being sick first. :think:

When I got pneumonia about 7 years ago, I had the flu- the real flu- and had nearly recovered from that when I realized my breathing was funny. Went in, and it was walking pneumonia. I think all the breathing involved in my job made me catch it early. But it got worse quickly before it got better.

It's a little scary- she's having the kids drink raw goats milk from apparently untested goats, then suddenly one kid has pneumonia? (Like I said, I drink raw goat's milk, but the goats are tested)

I also wonder if it could be bacteria since she's suddenly thrown her kids into full time life with animals that they hadn't been exposed to before. (which is why if you go to a fair or similar event there are signs all over to wash your hands or use antibacterial stuff)

It's a little scary- she's having the kids drink raw goats milk from apparently untested goats, then suddenly one kid has pneumonia? (Like I said, I drink raw goat's milk, but the goats are tested)

I also wonder if it could be bacteria since she's suddenly thrown her kids into full time life with animals that they hadn't been exposed to before. (which is why if you go to a fair or similar event there are signs all over to wash your hands or use antibacterial stuff)

I had the exact same thoughts!!

My oldest kid had pneumonia and we didn't even realize it. We only found out because we took her in for a check up because she kept gagging on food ( she was 2 ish ) .. found out it was because of the pneumonia ! She had had a cold /flu a couple weeks before but she had seemed to have gotten over it so we were really surprised.

When I've had pneumonia it's always been really sick first. I think with little kids it might be more sudden much of the time.

As far as showing signs of being sick, my mom was here for my son's first birthday and then two weeks later, she died from pneumonia. She had no symptoms other than her back hurting, which came on suddenly after taking a nap on the couch. We thought it was just the way she slept... pneumonia can come on quickly.

I know that pneumonia is a danger to goats, I don't know if bacterial pneumonia can be transmitted from goats to humans but I'm guessing it can.

Besides behavioral issues there are lots of reasons why those kids shouldn't be in the house with the human kids. But time and time again McMamma has proven she lacks common sense or the ability to educate herself.

I haven't been following her over the long-haul -- does Stellan have a chronic condition she has mentioned?

Although she obviously can't "fake" x-rays, she may be (or likely IS) reporting what the doctors list on their differential diagnoses. I doubt she'll post an actual photo of the x-ray for blog critique! If he has had medical issues in the past, has been exposed closely to livestock recently, had respiratory symptoms (per mother's report) and looks at all "toxic," I'm sure the pediatricians would admit for treatment even if the x-rays were not definitive. If he has been admitted many times, they may be suspecting what some of you are -- that she has factitious disorder by proxy (aka Munchausen by proxy).

edited for riffle

It really depends on the type of pneumonia. Some pneumonias are very mild, some are severe, and everything in between. I was at work one Friday, felt a little fatigued but no more than some other Fridays after a busy week. The next day my sons found me unconscious, with a high fever. I was admitted in critical condition with bilateral pneumonia and septic shock. I nearly died. And I was on insulin for high blood sugars secondary to being on IV steroids. The creator of the Muppets (?Jim Henson) wasn't sick prior to being admitted in much the same condition I was in. He died. So yes, you can get pneumonia without first being sick, especially with a bacterial cause.

Stellan has / had a heart condition. I don't know if it messes with his immune system overall or not.

I'm no MckMama fan, but pnuemonia can come on suddenly, and some people are more prone to it than others.

One of mine has had it 8-10 times in his lifetime (we've honestly lost count, how terrible is that?). When he was under 5, he could take a nap and wake up with 104 fever and pneumonia.

A couple of years ago, while on a school trip 1,000 miles away, he went swimming at night in 50 degree weather. Texted me he didn't feel well (but no fever) when he got on the bus in the morning; we got him off the bus at midnight and headed straight to the ER, diagnosed with pneumonia.

They've never insisted on admitting him, though it probably would have been easier on me a few times, when I had to give him meds every two hours round the clock.

Nowdays if he has more than a mild fever with congestion, he gets the big gun antibiotics. And I think he's learned his lesson on the swimming thing.

Stellan is sick with pneumonia. I feel for the kid, wouldn't wish that on anyone, but more medical bills is just what Mckmama needs, not.

Micro-mod away! Didn't see that one. I'll merge.

I'm not sure if this truly belongs here, but i was looking at MckMama, clicked the pro-Ron Paul message she had put up, and when I saw it was written by Voddie Baucham, I felt the need to share.

here's the MckMama link:

feeds.feedburner.com/mycharmingkids/FlYV

(i do the page through MckMama Without Pity so we don't pay for clicks)

Here's Voddie's:

gracefamilybaptist.net/voddie-baucham-ministries/blog/why-ron-paul-2012-01/

(edit to truly break voddie's link)

i did think it was interesting that Voddie says he doesn't want a president making laws based on his or her (he says his, but go with it) own morality, just in case another president, whose moral views Voddie disagrees with, comes along in the future and changes them.

Ah, yes... "States' rights." Not surprising, really, coming from a black man who named his black child Judah Benjamin. The boy needs to grow up knowing his place as a useful token.

gracefamilybaptist.net/voddie-baucham-ministries/blog/its-official-judah-benjamin-baucham-has-been-adopt-2009-05/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin

Archived