IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that post sounded uber-fundie. Helpmeet, let my husband lead our family, blah blah.

I'm sure it's all coming from the "Christian counselor" they see who advises them that all their marital problems stem from MckMama not submitting enough.

Too bad MckDaddy is a turbo douche because otherwise I'd say anyone would be better than her at leading the family.

Yeah, that post sounded uber-fundie. Helpmeet, let my husband lead our family, blah blah.

I'm sure it's all coming from the "Christian counselor" they see who advises them that all their marital problems stem from MckMama not submitting enough.

Too bad MckDaddy is a turbo douche because otherwise I'd say anyone would be better than her at leading the family.

God, I just had a horrible thought. What if they are being counseled by Marcus Bachmann's center?

I just puked a little in my mouth.

:shock:

No, I think she's just messed up their lives so badly that she has given up and is going to let her husband clean up the mess. And she has a biblical excuse for shirking responsibility now - she was supposed to have been submissive all along. So she'd better start now, right? They're a trainwreck.

I wouldn't put it past this whackadoodle for one second to be trying to go down the fundie path, at least in her blog. She's gotten a pretty big group of haters in the past year or so, and she's always been pretty vocal about how she depends on big bucks from her blogging, since her hubby is a loser extraordinaire.

Pfffft. None of it is legit. They're about to be homeless and unemployed- she just wants to make it look like he's in charge so she can blame the carnage of their bad mistakes on him.

She's totally fundie, but tries to come off as not. Look how many kids she has and how close together they are. And she's been spouting submissive helpmeet stuff for ages, even when her husband was abusive and violent towards her. There's a thread about it somewhere, maybe on the old board, not to mention all the stuff at MWOP

Pfffft. None of it is legit. They're about to be homeless and unemployed- she just wants to make it look like he's in charge so she can blame the carnage of their bad mistakes on him.

I agree with you completely. She never takes responsibilty and she loves to point fingers. Jennifer and the jackass she married are the ultimate trainwreck. The poor children involved in this mess created by the so called adults in their lives.

BTY, Jennifer's father posted a picture showing 2 of the children at his house tonight. Odd that she posted how tired she is with all the kids.

• 3 months later...

looks like one of the bills Mckmama couldn't pay was her web domain....her blog is gone

mycharmingkids.net/

her twitter claims that she has "27 elves working on it" but if her domain expired and someone else purchased it, she's probably SOL, which would be totally hilarious.

Jeez how much does it cost to buy a domain that expired? I'd be willing to waste some money to mess with the xtian right.

It varies depending on a whole variety of things - supply/demand, who has domain, etc.. I've bought domains before for a friend's business and the prices varied a fair amount. I was curious (and I think MckMama is a scam), so I ran a search. Domain holder is enom.com, and if you search her domain, you get a response telling you that her registration is expired and inviting searchers to make an offer.

Apparenty, "mycharmingkids.net is worth $22,950". It expired

http://stimator.com/mycharmingkids-net

also, according to who.godaddy.com/whoisregdata.aspx?k=isqgVbP1/KVGO3cA9R8Zy/s72GIApn0l&domain=mycharmingkids.net&prog_id=GoDaddy

Updated Date: 30-nov-2011

Creation Date: 28-nov-2007

Expiration Date: 28-nov-2012

So she's still got a year left on it. :?:

I know nothing about domains or blogging, does this mean MckNasty paid $22,950 for her blog site?

I know nothing about domains or blogging, does this mean MckNasty paid $22,950 for her blog site?

Or is that the current value based on the revenue it generates? How arbitrary is this pricing?

No, she probably paid the standard fee for it. The URL is only "worth" that much because it's a highly trafficked site (though I bet traffic has declined over time!). If she gave it up, someone else could buy it, but they'd pay a premium because it's a well-known URL.

Apparenty, "mycharmingkids.net is worth $22,950". It expired

http://stimator.com/mycharmingkids-net

also, according to who.godaddy.com/whoisregdata.aspx?k=isqgVbP1/KVGO3cA9R8Zy/s72GIApn0l&domain=mycharmingkids.net&prog_id=GoDaddy

Updated Date: 30-nov-2011

Creation Date: 28-nov-2007

Expiration Date: 28-nov-2012

So she's still got a year left on it. :?:

I'm not sure about that, as at the top of the page it has this,

Domain name: mycharmingkids.net

Registrant Contact:

Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.

Whois Agent ()

Fax:

PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1

C/O mycharmingkids.net

Bellevue, WA 98007

US

Administrative Contact:

Whois Agent (ghpwqhqv@whoisprivacyprotect.com)

+1.4252740657

Fax: +1.4259744730

C/O mycharmingkids.net

Bellevue, WA 98007

US

Technical Contact:

Whois Agent (ghpwqhqv@whoisprivacyprotect.com)

+1.4252740657

Fax: +1.4259744730

C/O mycharmingkids.net

Bellevue, WA 98007

US

Name Servers:

dns1.name-services.com

dns2.name-services.com

dns3.name-services.com

dns4.name-services.com

dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 29 Nov 2007 04:01:53

Expiration date: 29 Nov 2011 04:01:53

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domai ... id=GoDaddy

Or is that the current value based on the revenue it generates? How arbitrary is this pricing?

A friend of mine had a small blog/website and his domain expired - it was his first and last name which are quite unique, and it was snatched up and because it had been around for a while and had a fairly good following and it was valued at several thousand dollars and he wasn't able to buy it back because it wasn't a money making site - just his personal blog and he was a poor student. He was totally bummed about it, and it's still sitting there with an ad for a webhosting company.

I don't know if her domain actually expired, but there's 60+ comment discussion about it on her facebook page, although she deletes comments like crazy on her facebook page, so some parts of the convo don't make sense because the comments they are referring to have been deleted. My favourite comment is this one: "I don't understand what a domain even is... can't anyone set up and run a website for free???" Mckmama finds all the dimmest bulbs and cons them into loving her.

Her domain didn't expire. She didn't pay her web hosting bill. I call that picture on the home page the "Oh shit I forgot to pay my bill" picture. Many hosting companies use that same stock photo of the girl, along with affiliate links to various sites. It's one of the ways they make money while the site is not being used. A domain is paid by the year. Her domain didn't expire yet. A web hosting company charges by the month or by the year. Mine charges by the month. But not all hosting companies have the monthly option. Ten bucks says she'll explain it away by one of the following. 1) I was switching servers. 2) I changed hosting companies and they took so long (or they screwed things up). 3) I transferred and these transfers take time.

But trust me, it's the "Oh shit, I didn't pay the web hosting bill" picture.

I don't know if her domain actually expired, but there's 60+ comment discussion about it on her facebook page, although she deletes comments like crazy on her facebook page, so some parts of the convo don't make sense because the comments they are referring to have been deleted. My favourite comment is this one: "I don't understand what a domain even is... can't anyone set up and run a website for free???" Mckmama finds all the dimmest bulbs and cons them into loving her.

Those comments are hilarious. There are the people who are saying that her domain expired, and then there are the nitwits who need a Mckmama fix. If her domain expired, the home page would not even load. There would be no stock photo there. The only time the home page of an expired domain name loads is when someone new buys the domain. But in Mckmama's case, that's not possible for at least another six months. What probably happened is that when she bought the domain, she also bought web hosting on the same day. The domain itself is only $10 or lower. The hosting is more expensive. However it's really not that high unless she has a dedicated server, which I doubt. If you share a server, you can find hosting under $100 a year.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what happened with the video? I haven't been keeping up this week (I'm reading the Lisbeth Salander books in my free time instead :D ). Apparently she had some video up where she makes the kids explain sex? I guess I missed it and I don't have it in my blog reader, so I'm confused on the sequence of events here. All I got was video, someone tweeted her dad about it, website is gone?

Loved some of the early comments on her Facebook right after her blog went down. "Mckmama, I went to your blog and there's a girl there trying to sell jewelry!" :lol: :lol:

According to twitter she's back, but everyone rushed over to read it and made it crash. Or so she says.

Archived