IGNORED

Chaviva is BROKE and oh is this my entire wishlist?

LucySnowe

Complete with prices? And links to every individual item?

Why yes, yes it is.

http://www.kvetchingeditor.com/2012/04/dreaming-of-things.html

'Oh and there is so much more. But, well, dreaming can only go so far.'

Okay, here's my call:

- generous blog readers buy her these things;

- she is humbled by their generosity and totally didn't expect it in the slightest not even a little;

- any criticism will be met with cries of 'I was just mentioning the things I was dreaming of! I didn't even HINT that anyone should buy this for me! If someone wants to practice a mitzvah, they should be praised!' deleted before it reaches the comments.

In the Annoying Fundie Begging For Gifts game, I'm giving the medal to Miss Raquel, if only because Chaviva should damn well know better. Plenty of us have debts and taxes to pay, but we don't beg for *jewelry* ffs. You want a bike, I guarantee there's someplace you can get a perfectly serviceable one for like twenty bucks. :violin:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case people want to know what the wishlist is without going over there:

This link doesn't work, but it's a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser Bike in Red/Cream ($130-200)

Shoes, $85

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/produc ... Womens.htm

The Vibram FiveFingers Jaya fosters grace and power in a minimalist design. Created specifically for the modern fitness enthusiast, the stretch nylon upper and padded collar comfortably secure the foot during exercise. The athletic upper provides coverage that will secure the Jaya on the foot. The 5.5mm EVA sole makes the Jaya one of the lightest models in our collection. Strategically placed Vibram TC1 performance rubber pads provide grip and durability to this unique sole design. The Jaya can be worn for a variety of indoor fitness activities requiring balance, agility and power.

A washing cup, $34

http://www.worldofjudaica.com/judaica/w ... rn#p=15213

This brown Polyresin Washing Cup features a tall, wide base, handles and curved body decorated with a white floral pattern consisting of leaves, branches, and paisleys decorated with lines and dots

A necklace, $82

http://www.moderntribe.com/judaica/jewi ... n_necklace

This sterling silver necklace pendant has the 10 Hebrew letters of creation. In the tradition of Kabbalah, G-d is said to have created the world with the Hebrew alphabet. Pendant is on a 17" chain. Diameter: 1.2''. Handmade in Israel by Neta.

That post turned me off too. A bit crass Chavi.

My wishlist involves traveling to anywhere. If you have a plane, hook me up, I"m easy. :)

I think wish lists are fun to look at, so I don't always mind posts like that. But in Chaviva's case, it seems a little tacky since she's hinted before about wanting donations from readers.

What the heck is a washing cup? and why would anyone want one?

If you're Orthodox, you have to wash your hands before you eat bread and say a blessing.

Edited for riffles.

Basically, it is to wash your hands with, and also looks nice in your home, rather like the best china that you display when you aren't eating off it.

*chokes* That one costs $19 to ship! Which makes it $53 if you want to send it to Chavi. But at least giftwrapping is free --

Sorry, getting sidetracked with snark. An explanation from World of Judaica (where this item is to be found): http://www.worldofjudaica.com/judaica/washing-cups

Washing cups are cups used specifically for the purpose of ritual hand washing. The washing of the hands is important in Judaism, as it makes someone ritually pure before they eat. Jews are commanded to wash their hands and say a blessing before a meal. The blessing is called 'Netilat Yadiim.'

Washing cups can come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Most cups are made with two handles to ensure that the unwashed hand does not come into contact with the washed hand. Browse the collection of wash cups and more Judaica for sale here.

In Jewish homes, washing cups are often displayed by the sink in the kitchen. The cups that are prominently displayed are usually the most beautifully decorated and made of more expensive material. There are other types of cups that are used for traveling or camping, which are made of more pliable materials such as plastic.

It's a cup for doing ritual handwashing, you pour water from the cup over one hand and then other, in a certain way, at certain times particularly before eating. A religious item.

I don't mind when people post "these are things I think are cool" posts but I will say that blog posts that link to items hoping someone will buy it turn me off, as do blog posts that just have blatant "donate now!" buttons on them. Donating for a cause or for paying the site hosting bill is one thing, but I've just read way too many blogs where people are blogging about spending money left and right (not that there's anything wrong with it) in a normal sort of lifestyle with an explicit flavor of "look at all these cool things I bought because I live in a cool city see all these restaurants I go to?" and then the next moment it's oh woe is me, I need my readers to buy me a new camera. But, I just pass by without clicking, no need to comment on 'em.

The Vibram FiveFingers Jaya

So not knowing what this was at first, all I could think of was it sounded like something you would use during, um, "alone time". :oops:

So not knowing what this was at first, all I could think of was it sounded like something you would use during, um, "alone time". :oops:

Yea, the name is a little pervy LOL!

OT- I looked around the jewelry site and they have a couple kinda cool necklaces.

moderntribe.com/judaica/jewish_jewelry/jewelry/jewish_pirate_necklace (if Jack Sparrow was Jewish LOL!!)

moderntribe.com/judaica/jewish_jewelry/jewelry/ninja_star_of_david

I see this happening more and more. A "friend" invited a lot of people to a "housewarming" for a new apartment and added a list of "some of you asked what I needed, so here it is, and I have a registry at *store name*."

I'll just say that I didn't go.

Has she tired ebay for the shoes or any of the things she wants? My son-in-law got a pair of Vibrams on ebay for a lot less than retail.

This whole list thing is just silly - like wishing presents would fall from the sky. We don't all get what we want all the time. We have to work for it, and plan, and budget, rather than blog to strangers in some weird ass reverse popularity contest...

:text-threadjacked: Just feel the need to say "Chaviva" sounds like a really nasy STI.

Cool. Thanks for your lovely and not at all offensive comment about my people's language. :roll:

Chaviva might be annoying, but that's not really a reason to insult a name and by extension the language that it comes from.

Whatevs. Not that it's likely you are pronouncing it right, anyway.

Cool. Thanks for your lovely and not at all offensive comment about my people's language. :roll:

Chaviva might be annoying, but that's not really a reason to insult a name and by extension the language that it comes from.

Whatevs. Not that it's likely you are pronouncing it right, anyway.

I'm sorry. I didn't think my comment through beyond the specific blogger and didn't intend it to be offensive but I now see how inappropriate I was. In the future I'll be more conscious about thinking before posting.

I'm sorry. I didn't think my comment through beyond the specific blogger and didn't intend it to be offensive but I now see how inappropriate I was. In the future I'll be more conscious about thinking before posting.

It's cool. I also could have pointed this out in a less than completely obnoxious way. So, sorry about that. My ethernet cable has stopped working and I don't really get wifi in my house, so I was in a grouchy mood.

That post turned me off too. A bit crass Chavi.

My wishlist involves traveling to anywhere. If you have a plane, hook me up, I"m easy. :)

I've made these kind of posts a bajillion times before. Not sure why it's getting the reaction now.

Archived