IGNORED

Chaviva is BROKE and oh is this my entire wishlist?

LucySnowe

This list can't touch Miss Raquel's list of all the very expensive birthday gifts she would like her readers to buy her.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've said previously that you majored in English? Why not get out your reading comprehension books and think again about what I said, and how you interpreted it?

Seriously, I've browsed a few more of your threads, and you do seem to have a particular issue with Lissar that is a bit creepy. I think that issue, whatever it is, may be skewing your reactions to her posts. :?

Why is it ok for her to tell doggie to go fuck himself and no okay for me to tell her she annoys the fuck out of me? That is what I was saying in my previous comment. They are both guilty of similar offenses in my eyes.

ETA: I guess I should've immediately replied with a "FUCK OFF. There is no way in hell I would blame a 13YO girl for having sex. Go fuck yourself." Maybe then she would've replied back like a civil person instead of ignoring me. Shame on me for trying to engage in a normal conversation.

Guest Anonymous

Why is it ok for her to tell doggie to go fuck himself and no okay for me to tell her she annoys the fuck out of me? That is what I was saying in my previous comment. They are both guilty of similar offenses in my eyes.

It's fine for you to tell anyone on here to "Fuck off" if you want to. I didn't say it was not OK for you to do that. But rather that if you do that, you cannot really expect the rest of the sentence (about agreeing 100% with her) to be taken seriously. And you can expect to get a hostile response in return from a hostile approach. Free speech works both ways.

ETA: I guess I should've immediately replied with a "FUCK OFF. There is no way in hell I would blame a 13YO girl for having sex. Go fuck yourself." Maybe then she would've replied back like a civil person instead of ignoring me. Shame on me for trying to engage in a normal conversation.

Where is this coming from? Why are you conflating things that were said on separate threads, a week apart? This is really very odd behaviour.

There's not really much more to be said, from my perspective. Lissar hurt your feelings somehow, but she's not sorry. It doesn't matter how much you thought you liked her before you joined the forum, or how much you stamp your feet now, you can't make anyone feel anything for you, and you can't make anyone agree with you.

This list can't touch Miss Raquel's list of all the very expensive birthday gifts she would like her readers to buy her.

An exquisitely valid point. Because wasn't Raquel saying "I WANT THIS TO BE BOUGHT BY YOU GUYS FOR ME " essentially?

I"m honestly willing to completely believe Chaviva when she says it was just a "dream" list because she's had a hell of a time lately.

This thread derailment reminds me of a friend who spends hours each day arguing politics with others on Facebook, then insists on reporting to me all that went down. This is the internet, an immensely powerful tool used to communicate with others and learn new stuff…It is also an enormous waste of time if one agonizes over what others write and say. Lissar isn't sugary to everyone on the internet. Oh, no! Seriously, will that matter in a year? Five years? Ten?

It's fine for you to tell anyone on here to "Fuck off" if you want to. I didn't say it was not OK for you to do that. But rather that if you do that, you cannot really expect the rest of the sentence (about agreeing 100% with her) to be taken seriously. And you can expect to get a hostile response in return from a hostile approach. Free speech works both ways.

There's not really much more to be said, from my perspective. Lissar hurt your feelings somehow, but she's not sorry. It doesn't matter how much you thought you liked her before you joined the forum, or how much you stamp your feet now, you can't make anyone feel anything for you, and you can't make anyone agree with you.

Cosign. Is there a "wrap it up" smiley? I most likely won't hide Lissar for the reasons stated earlier, but I'll make an effort not to comment on anything she posts. I had no idea she'd hidden me.

What I meant before about knowing people from lurking was in reference to many regular posters. LIssar does have a distinctive avi for sure, but honestly I couldn't have named her at the point when I created that thread. I would be lying if I said I made those comments in reference to some particular slight felt by her before that post. What I meant was that I had lurked on threads, but not paid much attention to how newbies were treated, but when I started reading the "newbie" designated threads and commenting I was very shocked at some of the comments, some directed toward me, some not, definitely not made by all one person. When I am reading on FJ I try to assume that we share some common interests and I would never jump to the worst conclusion possible. Maybe that makes me naive.

This thread derailment reminds me of a friend who spends hours each day arguing politics with others on Facebook, then insists on reporting to me all that went down. This is the internet, an immensely powerful tool used to communicate with others and learn new stuff…It is also an enormous waste of time if one agonizes over what others write and say. Lissar isn't sugary to everyone on the internet. Oh, no! Seriously, will that matter in a year? Five years? Ten?

And there you go being sane and everything. :shifty:

Archived