IGNORED

Chaviva is BROKE and oh is this my entire wishlist?

LucySnowe

So why don't you just use Pinterest? It's less crass.

Or can't she just create an amazon one, and send it to her boyfriend? that's what my husband asked me to do because he wants to make sure to get me gifts he knows I want. (he's bought me stuff that, well, he MEANS well, but i'll never use, like LIa Sophia Jewelry when I only wear silver or gold because I get reactions from any other metals)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made these kind of posts a bajillion times before. Not sure why it's getting the reaction now.

Because first you say your broke, then you post your wishlist with pictures and prices, then you post you are going to Israel.

It just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

It's all a bit covetous, why whine about what you don't have, or pin it to a cyber board so folks can see what you covet?

Because first you say your broke, then you post your wishlist with pictures and prices, then you post you are going to Israel.

It just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

The Israel trip is free, as I'm a staff member, and I'm getting paid to go, again, because I'm a staff member. Believe me, I wouldn't be going if it wasn't paid for.

Or can't she just create an amazon one, and send it to her boyfriend? that's what my husband asked me to do because he wants to make sure to get me gifts he knows I want. (he's bought me stuff that, well, he MEANS well, but i'll never use, like LIa Sophia Jewelry when I only wear silver or gold because I get reactions from any other metals)

My boyfriend works two part-time jobs and makes about half as much as I do :)

Also: As I said before, this wasn't a "BUY ME THESE THINGS" list. It was a conscious way for me to say "save up for this stuff" and show people the things I'm interested in, like so many other things I've posted in the past.

I'm a blogger, not a Pinterest... er. Pinterester? Pinterestest?

Anyway, the blog is my main baby. I don't use Pinterest as much as I used to, as I use it mostly for work accounts these days.

Yay for the free trip. :) No worries Chavi, I post stuff I want all the time.

Many of us know your story and are happy you found happiness again.

I've made these kind of posts a bajillion times before. Not sure why it's getting the reaction now.

I felt it was worthy of comment, and made a thread about it.

The lack of comment on previous posts doesn't really signify anything; since all threads are started by individuals, it could be that no one ever noticed earlier posts, or noticed but didn't think it was worth commenting on, or wanted to discuss it but couldn't be bothered to start the topic, or rolled their eyes and said 'whatevs', etc.

One could also mention that you've been discussed on FJ multiple times before but are only now coming by to say hello. ;) But that wouldn't hold any more significance than the fact that this post got its own topic.

Anyway, this list has some places in Denver, so if you need a bike before the Schwinn comes through, hopefully they can fix you up with something:

http://communitycycles.org/links/bike-collectives.html

And free trips are the ultimate win, so enjoy Israel!

Chav's denying it's a solicitation for gifts. However, she has asked for donations in the past--even including a donation link, so I'm not surprised. By posting the price and brand, she is definitely hoping that some poor soul out there will buy her a bike or some Vikrams...or that washing cup. I've noticed lately a change in Chav. Posts are far more random and far less pertinent. I can't see how their content will sustain the membership she once had. Perhaps it's because she was called on the carpet, was not honest in her response, etc. Whatevs, this is not new. It's bipolar behavior and I wish Chaviva the best in care and that she is successful in managing it.

Guest Anonymous

**EDITED TO ADD: Chaviva is not biploar. I mistook her for a different person with the same name.**

Chav's denying it's a solicitation for gifts. However, she has asked for donations in the past--even including a donation link, so I'm not surprised. By posting the price and brand, she is definitely hoping that some poor soul out there will buy her a bike or some Vikrams...or that washing cup. I've noticed lately a change in Chav. Posts are far more random and far less pertinent. I can't see how their content will sustain the membership she once had. Perhaps it's because she was called on the carpet, was not honest in her response, etc. Whatevs, this is not new. It's bipolar behavior and I wish Chaviva the best in care and that she is successful in managing it.

Flinging around someone's mental illness diagnosis like that is a douchetastic thing to do.

Since you've said this is a change in behavior in regards to the person in question, why are you just now blaming the bipolar disorder? Plenty of people who are bipolar are not crass, or acquisitive, or jerks. Plenty of neurotypical people are. (Not saying that Chaviva is or isn't any of those things as I don't follow her blog and I don't know.)

Also, your bolded statements seem to contradict one another.

**ETA: Maybe you do wish Chaviva the best care, etc. but it doesn't come off that way. It's coming off more like a backhanded slur on bipolar folks in general and her in particular. IE: Those crazy people! What can you do with 'em, amirite?

Bipolar behavior does not equal bad behavior or any behavior by a person who happens to be bipolar that someone else doesn't like.

Guest Anonymous

Well you're an interesting newbie. You wished Chaviva your (backhanded) best in your first two (identical) posts and here you are again.... On what basis are you diagnosing/disclosing a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder? :think:

Guest Anonymous

**EDITED TO ADD: Chaviva is not biploar. I mistook her for a different person with the same name.**

Well you're an interesting newbie. You wished Chaviva your (backhanded) best in your first two (identical) posts and here you are again.... On what basis are you diagnosing/disclosing a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder? :think:

Based on the minute of googling that I did, it seems that Chaviva is open about her bipolar diagnosis. Which I think is brave and pretty cool, because people with bipolar get this kind of shit all the time. I think more people being out in regards to it is helpful for many reasons, but I so understand why a lot of people choose to keep it to themselves.

Guest Anonymous

I cross-posted with you ClibbyJo, but you said it best anyway.

Where is the carpet cleaner... ?

Here you go, Magnetophone - you can clean up your own shit from the rug before you post again... :chores-vacuum:

Guest Anonymous
I cross-posted with you ClibbyJo, but you said it best anyway.

Where is the carpet cleaner... ?

Here you go, Magnetophone - you can clean up your own shit from the rug before you post again... :chores-vacuum:

Alice! Did you just mix me up with clibbyjo? :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Alice! Did you just mix me up with clibbyjo? :twisted:

Worse, I totally didn't see you there.... :oops: My sincere apologies to you and your dog with tooth-ache (because that's what I always imagine it is when I see the avatar) :D

Guest Anonymous
Worse, I totally didn't see you there.... :oops: My sincere apologies to you and your dog with tooth-ache (because that's what I always imagine it is when I see the avatar) :D

Awww! Ha! It could totally be a toothache flannel. Now no one will know if she's modest or if she has sore teeth. ;)

Guest Anonymous

Modesty never crossed my mind. :D I assumed she either had a toothache or was dressed as a 1950s working class housewife from a Northern England mining village....

Once upon a time, I had a DONATE button on my blog for donations to the Katz Torah project -- that was for my ex-husband's family and it was in order to restore an eons-old Torah.

At one other point, while I was broke and in graduate school, I jokingly put the donate button on my blog. That was probably 4+ years ago. And it was a joke.

In fact, most of my solicitations for funds were for various charities like DonorsChoose.org.

Also? I'm not bipolar. I never said I was bipolar. I have no diagnosis of bipolar. This screams of lashon hara :\

Guest Anonymous

Once upon a time, I had a DONATE button on my blog for donations to the Katz Torah project -- that was for my ex-husband's family and it was in order to restore an eons-old Torah.

At one other point, while I was broke and in graduate school, I jokingly put the donate button on my blog. That was probably 4+ years ago. And it was a joke.

In fact, most of my solicitations for funds were for various charities like DonorsChoose.org.

Also? I'm not bipolar. I never said I was bipolar. I have no diagnosis of bipolar. This screams of lashon hara :\

I apologize for saying that I thought you were bipolar and out about it. I don't follow your blog, so when Magnetophone brought that up I googled and came up with this blog: wildabandon.blogspot.com/2008/07/holy-crap-im-alive.html . There's a comment there by someone called Chaviva talking about her bipolar disorder.

Sister, I totally identify. Haven't been on Abilify yet - is it good? Anyway, check out my blog - another Southern bipolar princess. Hang in there! :)

Her profile reads:

Jewish American Princess with a Carolina flavor kvetching about life, love, religion, and living with being a bit finely wired upstairs. :) Enjoy!

I was under the impression that was you. Since it isn't, I will edit my previous post and add a disclaimer that I was mistaken. Not that I think being bipolar is insulting - just that it's inaccurate in this case.

Oh, ha. No. As far as I know, that girl is a Messianic or part of some other kind of fringe Jewish group. (Although, I remember reading somewhere that she's not Jewish, but Christian and is part of some evangelical group that observes Jewish traditions, I just can't find the post right now.)

I'm a former Nebraskan, and I have dark hair and glasses ...

I have depression. I have anxiety. And I am medicated. I'm not shy about it, nor am I embarrassed about it. I didn't need meds or therapy until my marriage began to fall apart, however.

Guest Anonymous
Oh, ha. No. As far as I know, that girl is a Messianic or part of some other kind of fringe Jewish group. (Although, I remember reading somewhere that she's not Jewish, but Christian and is part of some evangelical group that observes Jewish traditions, I just can't find the post right now.)

I'm a former Nebraskan, and I have dark hair and glasses ...

I have depression. I have anxiety. And I am medicated. I'm not shy about it, nor am I embarrassed about it. I didn't need meds or therapy until my marriage began to fall apart, however.

I apologize again for my mistake, I did add a bold disclaimer to my previous posts. No offense, (possibly a compliment? I dunno) but you don't meet my fundie interest requirements so I didn't have the slightest idea what you looked like. As for the fake Jews, they get short shrift over here.

The only reason I chimed in on this thread was because the ableism/bipolar bashing that Magnetophone decided to engage in pissed me off. Good luck to you (no snark at all) with managing your depression and anxiety.

This thread had gone surprisingly well. A misunderstanding occurred and was cleared up without anyone being lit on fire. The vacuum(which I've never really gotten the hang of spelling) was brought out and all is now well in the world.

I'm making celebratory cheesecakes. I will have cherry, strawberry and blueberry topping available for them shortly.

This thread had gone surprisingly well. A misunderstanding occurred and was cleared up without anyone being lit on fire. The vacuum(which I've never really gotten the hang of spelling) was brought out and all is now well in the world.

I'm making celebratory cheesecakes. I will have cherry, strawberry and blueberry topping available for them shortly.

D'oh. I acted too soon. I just consumed a mini gluten-free cherry cheesecake :)

Yea, this thread will wreck havoc on FJ's reputation for being hating haters and a pit full of vipers.

Kudo's to Lissar and Chaviva. :clap:

Archived