IGNORED

Happy Resurection Sunday from the Maxwells!

kpmom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Maxwells see religion as a serious affair. Any joy or fun associated with the religious service is sacrilegious. Nathan has shown to separate himself from his family's ministry in the past. Melanie seemed to come from a more "normal" fundie family. I was just hoping the two would raise their children free from some of the weird Maxwell restrictions.

The Maxwells see religion as a serious affair. Any joy or fun associated with the religious service is sacrilegious. Nathan has shown to separate himself from his family's ministry in the past. Melanie seemed to come from a more "normal" fundie family. I was just hoping the two would raise their children free from some of the weird Maxwell restrictions.

Hopefully, they do, but Steve hasn't found out about it.

Easter egg hunts are far too Pagan and "witchy" for the Maxwells.

I can't snark on them for this reason. Easter celebrated as a christian holiday pisses me off, as a pagan. Bunnies and eggs have nothing to do with zombie jesus. I've known too many holier-than-thou capital C christians who would say to my face that I will burn in hell and that Halloween is satanic etc... etc... but will go Easter to the tits, the hypocrisy sets my teeth.

A nice comment was left by Teri's sister, Tami;

Aunt Tami says:

April 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm

We had a wonderful Easter with a fantastic church service and then an afternoon and evening grilling out, eating and playing games with friends. The temperature was perfect and the yard is just bursting with new life, leaves, grass, flowers, birds… and the occasional insect. :) I’m wondering if the picture you posted is of Mom’s dogwood tree. It was just getting ready to bud when I left. I was hoping then that it would bloom full and long to bring a smile to her many mornings as she opened the front curtains. Love you guys. He is RISEN!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Amen. It was Gigi’s dogwood. It was beautiful.

Tami seems so much saner (more sane? never sure which it should be) than the Maxwells. While she's probably fundy-lite, she doesn't seem much different than any other Southern church-goer. It's too bad Teri fell into Steve's clutches.

She calls it "Easter" for starters. They had games (fun!) with friends. Is it possible some of those games involved hidden eggs? Maybe.

gardenvarietycitizen, I think Nathan and Melanie's home is across the street and down a lot or two from Steve & Teri's.

If Teri and STeve moved to Leavenworth to be near Teri's folks, then it's possible that Teri and Tami grew up in Leavenworth, which would make Aunt Tami not necessarily a Southerner. Unless of course she moved to the South and adopted a more regional outlook on everyhthing.

But her post sounds lively and spirited, much more what I'm used to than the Maxwell version of "celebration."

I wonder if Teri regrets having been named soemthing unBiblical. Does she resent her parents for naming her "Teri" as opposed to Esther, Ruth, Rachel, Junia? They named another daughter "Tami" - very unBiblical, I think. Is life a grind for Gigi and Granddad as they are increasingly forced to rely on the unbending attitude that Steve & Teri only too enthusiastically display?

On 2nd thought: Teri could be short for Teresa, which while not necessarily Biblical is a saint name; and Tami short for Tamara or Tamra, which IIRC is indeed Biblical. I'd willingly part with something of value to be able to privately interview G&G for their version of how things have worked out in their daughter Teri's life!

Yeah. I gotta admit I too would love to hear what the outer family members think about the direction of the Steve-O branch of the family. On Steve's side, he has a brother who does the usual American style Easter complete with an egg hunt, Steve wrote about his disapproval of that brother's practices in a Dad's corner some years ago, that brother and his family are too worldly to hang with his own children.

Guest Anonymous

We know from Aunt Tami's facebook that she, and Grandpa and Gigi enjoy a very different lifestyle to the Titus2 mob.

And Christopher and Nathan are both ham radio users, so they have a lot more outside contacts than the others. Nathan also has a facebook page which lists lots of sports and exercise fan pages, suggesting he truly has a hankering for the activities daddy Steve deprived him of all those years ago....

I wonder why Aunt Tami posts on Titus2, rather than just sending private emails. She must know Steve's stance on things... I wonder if it is strategic because Teri would get to know how much he censors their email if Steve were to delete comments from his own sister-in-law....

LOVE the Ramsay Street post! Everyone does need good Neighbours :lol: (not the Maxwells)

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend :lol:

Guest Anonymous

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend :lol:

I just wonder how many genuine Maxwell fans are also smirking at posts like this.... Steve really lays himself wide open to piss-taking.... :mrgreen:

My husbands uncle is a Pentecostal preacher. When my kids were little, I would take them to his church on Easter and they would always have an Easter egg hunt after. Their uncle said as long as kids knew the real meaning of Easter, he didn't see any harm in letting them have an Easter egg hunt and candy.

I think next Easter, I'll figure out which Nursing Home they go to and go myself the day before. I will deliver baskets for all the residents full of dyed eggs, chocolate bunnies, noise making entertainment and maybe Tales of Peter Rabbit or something. Then I will leave egg themed centerpieces on all the tables in the room where the Maxwells promote themselves to their captive audience.

I would love to do that too. Seeing Easter baskets would piss off Stevie a lot. I have friends who work in nursing homes and they talk about different community organizations do stuff like that during the holidays. There is a possibility that the nursing home the Maxwells go to gets stuff like that.

I'd like to know the difference between eggs and a basket on Easter and that gingerbread house they made at Christmas time.

Guest Anonymous
I'd like to know the difference between eggs and a basket on Easter and that gingerbread house they made at Christmas time.

Great question for the blog! :)

An excellent question indeed. But just try getting an answer out of Steve.

Any question that pokes holes in Steve's logic is banned. Any comment which questions Steve's authority is banned. Any criticism, implied or otherwise of the Maxwell lifestyle is banned.

I love theologygeek's question about gingerbread houses and Easter egg stuff. The Maxwells seemed to have fun with that stuff but then Easter comes along and no fun.

Maybe since Steve and Teri made that ugly ass church that made it ok.

I can't snark on them for this reason. Easter celebrated as a christian holiday pisses me off, as a pagan. Bunnies and eggs have nothing to do with zombie jesus. I've known too many holier-than-thou capital C christians who would say to my face that I will burn in hell and that Halloween is satanic etc... etc... but will go Easter to the tits, the hypocrisy sets my teeth.

Well, I consider myself a capital C Christian, and I would never say that, because it's simply not true. So, now are you able to snark? But, yeah, there is a church around here whose members have said my church "wrong-minded" (what does that mean) because we celebrate All Hallow's Eve/All Soul's/All Saint's Day to a fare thee well, but yet they have this HUGE Easter Egg hunt every year. It's quite the production....so yes, I get the teeth set on edge feeling over the hypocrisy.

Did you see the last post? #11, The top says "Kathryn", yet the bottom said "Lori". Is Stevie mixing & matching comments and can't remember who said what? Or, is he "padding"?? :P

So Jesus made gingerbread houses?? I must have missed that part in the bible

I mean if Steve lets them make the houses it's gotta connect to Jesus somehow right?? :roll:

I think eggs have to do more with Easter. It's a sign of spring, and for some Christians it's a sign of Jesus' empty tomb

I really want to know how he can justify that the gingerbread houses are fine, but the Easter eggs are evil......

So Jesus made gingerbread houses??

hmmm, what some would call Jingerbread ....

yes shhhhhhhhhhhh ;) -Hi, Steve! You're a tool!

Archived