IGNORED

Happy Resurection Sunday from the Maxwells!

kpmom

The post itself is nothing special or unusual (titus2.com/blog/), but the comments were interesting.

There was a comment by Elizabeth, who asked almost the exact same question a commenter named Marilyn asked in an earlier post;

Elizabeth says:

April 8, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Beautiful photo that captures the spirit of the Resurrection. A blessed Easter to all of you. I hope the little girls enjoyed their Easter baskets. Do they do an Easter egg hunt at your church?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you. The little girls didn’t have any baskets or that sort of thing as we focus on Jesus and His resurrection at home and at church.

God bless.

Steve

Elizabeth was given the same terse response by Steve that Marilyn was given. That is, if you do eggs and bunnies you're not focusing on Jesus, and you're not doing it right! I'm surprised he didn't ban the word Easter, but he probably wanted to leave it in to teach us all. Thank you, Steve for teaching us that we can't focus on eggs and bunnies and Jesus.

That'll show those fake Christians, Elizabeth and Marilyn.

As always, loved John and Marie's post.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had it right up to here with old Steve-O. I move we begin a new campaign. Allow me to be the first:

STEVE MAXWELL IS A TOOL!!!

:angry-steamingears:

I've had it right up to here with old Steve-O.

:angry-steamingears:

make that 2 of us. He controls that whole damn family(married or not) :angry-cussingblack: .

As long as Steve's alive no one in his family will be allowed to have teh ebil FUN. Of course, no one except the Maxwells can be doing Easter right. No wonder they're so isolated, no one can possibly measure up.

Guest Anonymous

Do the Maxwells ever get any genuine comments these days?

So far I spy the one from our own Nurse Nell and one from the resident comic that is John & Marie (johnhugh?):

John and Marie says:

April 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Happy Easter Blessings!

Did you have an Easter service for the elderly at the elderly home? Did you bake the elderly, yummy easter eggs as I would think the elderly would love them.

We made some chocolate eggs and cute bunnies for the elderly Neighbours who live in Ramsey Street. Everybody needs good neighbours.

Blessings

John & Marie

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We had a great service yesterday, but the focus was on the Lord Jesus so we didn’t do any egg types of things.

Do the Maxwells ever get any genuine comments these days?

So far I spy the one from our own Nurse Nell and one from the resident comic that is John & Marie (johnhugh?):

I LOVE IT! I really hope it was one of us!

Is calling Easter 'Resurrection Day' a fundie thing? I've never heard it called that before reading these forums and their blog posts.

Is calling Easter 'Resurrection Day' a fundie thing? I've never heard it called that before reading these forums and their blog posts.

Growing up in the RCC circa 1950's we called it 'The Feast of the Resurrection'. None of that pagan Easter nonsense :lol:

I guess the hot cross buns after the Sunday morning church service totally negated my receiving the Eucharist. Huh.

I see it a lot among the Calvinist fundie blogs for years now. Often the same people will celebrate Reformation Day on 10/31 (even generic "harvest festival" is not good enough for them).

Those kids will have a weird relationship with presents... although that's the least of worries for a Maxwell kid, considering all the rest...

Yay... "Summer with the Moodys" has arrived. I'm all about the Maxwell reading binge now.

Speaking of which, because it's Easter'n'all, the first part of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" is all about what that means, and what the ideal parent-child relationship is. It probably won't surprise you to learn that the ideal is the relationship of Jesus to his father, God. But of course Jesus and God are not entirely separate people. That's pretty key.

So when you have your child's heart, and he doesn't want to do something you have asked, he will obey unconditionally anyway - and not only will he obey, but his attitude is to be willing, just as Jesus was willing to go to the cross to be executed. I kid you not, that's what it says. Happy Resurrection Day.

It goes on to mention how in practical terms, you do have to start when the kids are infants, because ANY separation is not okay, it's the start of losing the heart. The book acknowledges that separation leads to a "normal" parent-child relationship, but that's precisely what they do NOT want. "A child who doesn't go through a time of rebellion is considered the exception. However, rebellion is far from God's will for our children." Thing is, what they consider "rebellion" seems to be (I'm only just starting this thing) even stuff that the secular world considers healthy expressions of self.

So then the Moody book arrived, and I just flipped through it quickly (no wine stains on that one, hehe) and sure enough, there's dialogue between kids that I wouldn't even consider the barest beginnings of a disagreement, but already the person who merely had a contrary thought is apologizing to the sibling. "Can you do X?" "Yes, of course I can do X" *time passes* "Oh, I'm so sorry for being angry..." etc.

That'll show those fake Christians, Elizabeth and Marilyn.

HA! I'm Marilyn. Wondered (and knew) what Stevo would say. Why can't Nathan grow a pair and decide how to celebrate Easter with his own family? Wonder if they give the kiddies "Spring Eggs"?

I had a feeling John & Marie was one of us. Loved it!

I'd give at least one eyetooth to learn that a resident of the seniors' home told Steve Maxwell fold his "religion" five ways and put it where the moon don't shine.

And thanks, Marion:

Steve Maxwell is a Tool

:music-tool:

I think next Easter, I'll figure out which Nursing Home they go to and go myself the day before. I will deliver baskets for all the residents full of dyed eggs, chocolate bunnies, noise making entertainment and maybe Tales of Peter Rabbit or something. Then I will leave egg themed centerpieces on all the tables in the room where the Maxwells promote themselves to their captive audience.

I'd give at least one eyetooth to learn that a resident of the seniors' home told Steve Maxwell fold his "religion" five ways and put it where the moon don't shine.

Same here. Too bad he never met my grandmother. She'd have been the one to do it.

I think next Easter, I'll figure out which Nursing Home they go to and go myself the day before. I will deliver baskets for all the residents full of dyed eggs, chocolate bunnies, noise making entertainment and maybe Tales of Peter Rabbit or something. Then I will leave egg themed centerpieces on all the tables in the room where the Maxwells promote themselves to their captive audience.

I love that idea! :) And maybe a bunch of us who can't go there in person can chip in to some sort of fund for easter stuff for the nursing home residents?

John & Marie is definitely someone from here -- I don't know who, but yeah. Back when that guy from some other state was visiting the Maxwells, there was speculation that he was courting or pre-courting one of the young female Maxwells. Since they already have a John, someone asked if this guy would be called "John Marie".

You don't have to search very hard. It's name and address are posted on their site. Steve's phone number is also posted in case you need more info. :mrgreen: I'd link, but it's to hard on my pod.

You don't have to search very hard. It's name and address are posted on their site. Steve's phone number is also posted in case you need more info. :mrgreen: I'd link, but it's to hard on my pod.

Hmmm. I never looked before. If it's that easy, if I have the means next year it just might be a road trip idea. I have family in Kansas. I could disguise it as a visit to them. Never mind I've never visited before.

Or, a mass mailing of Easter cards to the residents or something.

Those people have lived long lives. Their golden years are more than deserving of some fun for the sake of fun.

I might be in too, though it will be my first Easter living close to my daughter but I would make some baskets and would definitely do cards.

HA! I'm Marilyn. Wondered (and knew) what Stevo would say. Why can't Nathan grow a pair and decide how to celebrate Easter with his own family? Wonder if they give the kiddies "Spring Eggs"?

I had a feeling John & Marie was one of us. Loved it!

Ssshhhhhhhhhh...Steve will come here and realize it, and expunge the John & Marie post the same way he did the time I accused one of us of being John & Marie.

Hi, Steve! You're a tool!

ETA: Does it piss anyone else off that he calls his shebang the "OFFICIAL Titus2.com"? Maybe he's planning on copyrighting Titus 2, so other people have to keep their mitts off it.

Their stuff is already all OVER the top google results if you google "Titus 2" for any reason (it's how I found them - Titus 2 is a homeschooling meme, I googled it, and the rest is history).

Is it not okay to celebrate the seasons? Completely aside from your religion or lack thereof? But I suppose I know the answer, now - takes the focus off the one and only thing you're supposed to care about, namely Jesus. (But if Jesus was truly human, surely HE also had some happiness at the flowers in springtime??)

Speaking of Nathan though he went away to some sort of ministry and summer camp (with other homeschooled people, very serious) in another state for six weeks at age 17, and at the end of it wanted to stay longer. Oops. Parents then regretted sending him, and now everyone regrets it. The relationship is still good but that period of being away changed things and that's a regret. So surely now he wants the same things Dad wants. That is the goal. He heads his own family now and surely calls the shots there but he only lives right across the street (or is it next door?) to his parents.

Archived