IGNORED

Any Update on Priscilla Bittner?

NurseNell

Taryn?!? Are you okay?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, I feel a bit unkind for laughing, but that was truly funny! Very Taryn-like rambling.

On Priscilla: The report said that she was going to live with "family." Is it at all possible that more stable extended family members have stepped forward, rather than her returning to her immediate dysfunctional family? I hope she does get extended therapy, court mandated or not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, she went back to her fundie family! Like I said I was in the court room with the victims family. I also know a lot of the details and a lot of the things that Priscilla claim to have been a victim of she stated she had made up. Like when she went missing from NY she claimed she was abducted and being held againest her will NOT true. I know that many on here were wanting facts and now that the trial is over I can state some. I don't know all as my friend didn't tell, all I just know what I was told from Priscilla and some of the things that from my friend and I know that my friend wouldn't lie. Priscilla never was a Nanny nor was she ever in beauty school. She was trying to get into beauty school but she was not able to pass the test. I am not againest Priscilla, I know she could do lots of wonderful things if she put her mind to it she is very talented. There are some others that are on the board that dont' think things were totally fair with the judges ruling,your not slamming them.

Guest Anonymous
No, she went back to her fundie family! Like I said I was in the court room with the victims family. I also know a lot of the details and a lot of the things that Priscilla claim to have been a victim of she stated she had made up. Like when she went missing from NY she claimed she was abducted and being held againest her will NOT true. I know that many on here were wanting facts and now that the trial is over I can state some. I don't know all as my friend didn't tell, all I just know what I was told from Priscilla and some of the things that from my friend and I know that my friend wouldn't lie. Priscilla never was a Nanny nor was she ever in beauty school. She was trying to get into beauty school but she was not able to pass the test. I am not againest Priscilla, I know she could do lots of wonderful things if she put her mind to it she is very talented. There are some others that are on the board that dont' think things were totally fair with the judges ruling,your not slamming them.

Does your friend know you're talking about this all over the internet? You seem to be more "Woo hoo! I have information!" than anything else.

Clearly what Priscilla did was wrong and she has been and will continue to be punished for it. My heart goes out to the victims, I hope they will get any and all help they need in order to heal. It is tacky and disrespectful of THEM for you to be bleating non-public info on a snark forum, for fuck's sake. Go away.

You do realize that all your flip-flopping is making it hard to understand what you really mean, don't you?

Does your friend know you're talking about this all over the internet? You seem to be more "Woo hoo! I have information!" than anything else.

Clearly what Priscilla did was wrong and she has been and will continue to be punished for it. My heart goes out to the victims, I hope they will get any and all help they need in order to heal. It is tacky and disrespectful of THEM for you to be bleating non-public info on a snark forum, for fuck's sake. Go away.

Yes. Pretty much what Lissar said.

D878, I didn't slam you, I laughed at a joke. Granted, the joke was at your expense. Your posts here are a) practically unreadable and b) amazingly inconsistent. You keep flipflopping around and rambling. I don't mind bad grammar but I hate flipflopping. If you have something you are determined to communicate here (God knows why) and which does not violate your *friends'*and the victims' privacy, then try to write more clearly. Hint: Paragraph breaks help. So does taking a few minutes to reread what you have written and editing for clarity.

I am always sceptical when people come to an internet forum claiming to know the inside story and spilling inside information about "friends." With friends like you yapping about their personal stuff, who needs enemies? I don't find you credible on the "he said, she said, they lied" crap. You seem to be spewing opinions not facts.

I hope the judge did his job properly here, and took Priscilla's background into consideration when deciding her sentence. 10 years probation is not just a slap on the wrist, she does need supervision, but she does have significant time served. I hope she had therapy in jail and that she continues with it. She seems a very troubled person.

Finally, it goes without saying that I too wish healing and peace to all the victims here.

In other words D878, calm down, think carefully about what you want to say, use paragraphs, punctuation, spell check and finally try and separate what the family did and what you think of that, and what Priscilla did.

You are coming across as angry and furious that Priscilla 'got off' with everything, including what her family did.

D878,

I'm confused. You are friends with the victims' family? But you are also friends with Priscilla? You mention Priscilla telling you things, so I assume you are friends with her?

Also, you mention lies told by her family. Can you tell us what they were? I only know what is in the news articles, and so far I haven't seen any quotes from her family. Were they supportive of Priscilla while they were there? (I don't mean supportive of what she did, of course.)

Why was P living with this family? How did they know her? I think you said this family isn't fundy. I'm surprised her family would allow her to live with a non-fundy family.

Echoing everyone else...very concerned about her going back to her family!!!!

eta: You keep mentioning she wasn't a nanny. Can you explain the significance of that? Apparently it's important, but I don't know why. Also don't know why it matters if she was in beauty school or not.

Also, can someone clarify what Priscilla was found guilty of? I thought it was just to do with the pictures. Was there more?

Eta: more questions

• 4 months later...

I can't start a new thread with my post count lower than required, so will add on here.

It seems like Jacqueline DID NOT get married. Gosh they had a registry up and all that, it was to a guy called Steven something and the wedding was due in Nov/Dec 2012.

Now she is back on Facebook and still named as Jacqueline Bittner, not to mention that her profile pic is with her BROTHER. All photos of the [second] fiance scrubbed.

Is that priscilla in the middle of this first pic? The rest are the regular air-brushed, photoshopped pictures of her perfect family and perfect life. :think:

facebook.com/Bittner.JM

2u40zrb.jpg

2r4lpxj.jpg

2yyrv6b.jpg

In the first picture, the girl with the black shirt, was she in a proactive commercial?

In the first picture, the girl with the black shirt, was she in a proactive commercial?

Yes she was. She wrote a long blog post (on her now removed or closed blog) about flying out to California to shoot the commercial.

Has Jacqueline been engaged twice or was it the air force pilot that she broke up with after just a couple of months that she was supposed to marry last month?

Yes she was. She wrote a long blog post (on her now removed or closed blog) about flying out to California to shoot the commercial.

Has Jacqueline been engaged twice or was it the air force pilot that she broke up with after just a couple of months that she was supposed to marry last month?

I just saw this thread bumped up and it just makes my stomach turn. The fundie world and the way they sweep shit under the rug while plastering smiles (and make up and hairspray) on for the public just makes me ill. It reminds me of the Sitler thing - dude has a history of molesting kids, it was covered for a while, but even after it was public and he was charged the fundie powers that be in his circle married him off to one of their minion girls.

In fundie land, covering up the ugly is totally acceptable and it's disgusting.

Some of them need to retire the curling iron.

Agreed!

But in all seriousness, I echo other posters concerns about her returning to her family. It has the potential to be damaging on so many levels.

No, her first engagement was quite a few years ago. Middle of last year (or early, can't remember) a Steven something appeared in photos on her facebook and they were "thanking God" for each other and they had a wedding registry up. Come September/Nov when the wedding was supposed to be, all the Bittners disappeared off facebook.

Now they've reappeared sans fiance.

Oh I found the registry: http://registry.weddingchannel.com/coup ... N_DUWE.htm

I think this is him: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenduwe

No, her first engagement was quite a few years ago. Middle of last year (or early, can't remember) a Steven something appeared in photos on her facebook and they were "thanking God" for each other and they had a wedding registry up. Come September/Nov when the wedding was supposed to be, all the Bittners disappeared off facebook.

Now they've reappeared sans fiance.

Oh I found the registry: http://registry.weddingchannel.com/coup ... N_DUWE.htm

I think this is him: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenduwe

So Jacqueline has been courting, and engaged, twice and is still not married? :naughty: What about giving away little pieces of her heart yada yada yada?

I wonder what happened. Somebody who wrote on FJ and claimed that she knows the family said that the first finacé had been cheating or dating somebody else when he was engaged to Jacqueline and that's why she broke it off.

The Bittner mother has a very... old testament influenced language and she wrote about the fiancé on her FB wall - it was still open then. The fiancé went from being "the most amazing and godly young man" to "a wolf in a sheep's clothing" in less than six weeks, if I remember it correctly.

The Bittner mother has a very... old testament influenced language and she wrote about the fiancé on her FB wall - it was still open then. The fiancé went from being "the most amazing and godly young man" to "a wolf in a sheep's clothing" in less than six weeks, if I remember it correctly.

Ah, yes. I remember this well. I wondered at the time what happened. And now another engagement has ended? Something is seriously amiss in this family.

• 6 months later...

Just found this thread. I have known the first ex-fiance's family since childhood which is how I found out about the Bittner family in the first place. I and one other member of my family (ex-Gothardites now) found J's blog through mutual Facebook friends and thought it did look very strange and generally fake. However, it did not strike either one of us as a-typical of how someone from a Gothard/QF family would behave. Sad but true.

When we found out the engagement had been broken off, we all thought the way in which it was done was weird. One of my immediate family members and one of his immediate family members were talking about it soon after it happened. If I remember correctly, his family was quite upset over it. I don't know the guy well but he strikes me as the last person on earth to be a "wolf in sheep's clothing." After learning about the second ex-fiance, my original suspicions and misgivings about the Bittner family seem to be confirmed. There is something definitely up with the way things are done in that household.

I found out about P sometime last year (2012) and I was able to track her down to the facility in Onondaga, NY. If I remember correctly, she had just been booked there when I found her. At the time, I thought about writing to her while she was incarcerated but I just felt like that might be a little too weirdly personal.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I thought of her again and decided to do some more sleuthing to see if I could find out what had happened to her. I didn't realize she had gone back to her family. What a shame. Her family's "principles" are the reason she is the way she is. She needs therapy rooted in science (not "biblical counseling") and lots of it. From my own experience, I had tons of crap to work through in therapy from what I experienced in this cult and I didn't have it as bad as she did. I feel so badly for her but I doubt there is any way in which I could be of help. Does anyone at least know how she is doing or where she is?

According to facebook, it looks like she is working on a military base and just got engaged to a guy in the army. She changed her last name on facebook, but it looks like she's still in contact with her family, or at least her sisters. Lots of drama, most of her statuses are either "best day ever!" or "worst day ever!" and lots of glamour shots of herself.

Archived