IGNORED

Any Update on Priscilla Bittner?

NurseNell

Yes, Pixie you have a right to your point of view! just as I do mine and everyone else I am just saying that her family lying and covering up to hide things isn't making it better for her! Sorry if you took things wrong! I agree she needs help! But her family was slandering the family saying they set her up and put them through a lot too. I mean who knows how many people got to see those pictures??

According to the police, no one else saw the pictures. Really, dear, just stop trying to stir up drama. There is enough of it with the bald facts.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Pixie you have a right to your point of view! just as I do mine and everyone else I am just saying that her family lying and covering up to hide things isn't making it better for her! Sorry if you took things wrong! I agree she needs help! But her family was slandering the family saying they set her up and put them through a lot too. I mean who knows how many people got to see those pictures??

Have you sought help for your addiction to exclamation points?

Gosh someone with so much information. Did you testify in court? Offer to help the prosecution? Or do you just rant on message boards?

Guest Anonymous

I am so sorry she is going home to that family. I hope she somehow gets the help that she needs. The sentence seems like a fair one to give her a chance at rehabilitation, but they don't mention any kind of treatment. Since her family's idea of "treatment" after rape was to pack her off to a reform school and sign a release to allow her to be beaten, I dread to think what they will do with her now. :cry:

So should Priscilla be punished for her family slandering the victim's family? That's basically what you are trying to say.

I think the sentence was right and this is coming from the point of view of someone who is a psychologist. Going on what I know of the case I would be very reluctant to label someone like Priscilla as a paedophile. She is said to be very immature for her age. It might well be that she was more like a 13 year old than an 18 year old when she did the crimes. It is no unknown for a 13 to engage in inappropriate behaviour of a sexual nature such as taking a picture of a younger sibling or another younger child. It would be ridiculous and pretty pointless labelling every child that did this as a paedophile.

What she did was wrong and no doubt if I were the parent of the victims I would be up in arms about it. But blaming Priscilla for the subsequent actions of her family is wrong. I hope that she gets the help she needs, and that's the only part of her sentence that I do not agree with; she should have had mandated treatment.

Think what ever you want Pixie, I know that she is very troubled and have compassion for her. I have a nephew who was a victim and he did simular things and he had to go to jail for 7 years. That isn't right either, never said that she should rot in jail. Just know that with the programs she would have gotten more help. And no I didn't say that she should have to pay for what her family did,she obviously already is paying for that enough.

So should Priscilla be punished for her family slandering the victim's family? That's basically what you are trying to say.

I think the sentence was right and this is coming from the point of view of someone who is a psychologist. Going on what I know of the case I would be very reluctant to label someone like Priscilla as a paedophile. She is said to be very immature for her age. It might well be that she was more like a 13 year old than an 18 year old when she did the crimes. It is no unknown for a 13 to engage in inappropriate behaviour of a sexual nature such as taking a picture of a younger sibling or another younger child. It would be ridiculous and pretty pointless labelling every child that did this as a paedophile.

What she did was wrong and no doubt if I were the parent of the victims I would be up in arms about it. But blaming Priscilla for the subsequent actions of her family is wrong. I hope that she gets the help she needs, and that's the only part of her sentence that I do not agree with; she should have had mandated treatment.

What do you think about her going back to her family?

(So should Priscilla be punished for her family slandering the victim's family? That's basically what you are trying to say.

What she did was wrong and no doubt if I were the parent of the victims I would be up in arms about it. But blaming Priscilla for the subsequent actions of her family is wrong. I hope that she gets the help she needs, and that's the only part of her sentence that I do not agree with; she should have had mandated treatment.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sola, No, I agree she should have court mandated treatment. I am pretty sure she will not get that with her family. It wasn't just pictures there also were sexual abuse charges. I do hope that she gets the help she needs. All I was saying is that her Parents lying to make them look better and deflect things off of them does not help Priscilla.

D878 -

Sola, No, I agree she should have court mandated treatment. I am pretty sure she will not get that with her family. It wasn't just pictures there also were sexual abuse charges. I do hope that she gets the help she needs. All I was saying is that her Parents lying to make them look better and deflect things off of them does not help Priscilla.

So if this is what you feel, what was your point in coming to this forum for the first time, and spouting off to regular posters? What did you hope to accomplish?

What do you think about her going back to her family?

Concerned.

If their idea of helping her after the rape and subsequent 'acting out' was to send her to a school like hephzibah house (I'm not sure what happened but from what I understand it they did send her away to somewhere like that) then I would have serious concerns about her living at home now.

If we were talking about your average family, one where she would get the love and support she needs then that would be a different matter. We're not talking about an average family, we're talking about a fundie-lite family who believe in very damaging ideology. State mandated psychiatric help and therapy would have gone some way to help, but as far as I can tell nothing like that has been ordered.

It is a tough one. She has been recognised by the court as immature and vulnerable, as well as someone who has committed a crime. Ordinarily, after what could only have been a horrific experience of prison (someone who is naive, sheltered, immature and accused of such a crime is going to have a horrific time in prison), it would seem logical to return that person back home where she would receive love, understanding, support and help. But we're talking about the world of fundamentalism here and that makes it different.

Sola, No, I agree she should have court mandated treatment. I am pretty sure she will not get that with her family. It wasn't just pictures there also were sexual abuse charges. I do hope that she gets the help she needs. All I was saying is that her Parents lying to make them look better and deflect things off of them does not help Priscilla.

That's not what you said though. You said:

Yes, Back with her family she GOES! They all were in court and I was there with the victims family! They were smirking like they got away with yet another thing! We feel bad for Priscilla as your right her parents lying to cover her tracks so they don't look bad hasn't helped her at all! Pixie dust how can that sentence be fair when you have NO clue the things she did to the people and the trouble her family has LIED and covered up for her that is only enabling her MORE! Also, They even lied trying to say the family did it to frame her ! Little did they know that the family was smart and expected that and they WILLINGLY handed over all of the electronic devices and Priscilla's was the only one that had stuff on it!

You are implying that the sentence is not enough because her family lied and tried to cover up the abuse. Priscilla was sentenced for what SHE did, not what her family did. If the police think that her family interfered with the investigation, as you imply, then they can and possibly will charge them with obstructing the police enquiries and perjury (or whatever the equivalent offence is in the USA).

I think it's ridiculous for her to be allowed in a home where young children reside until all and any treatment is completed. I'm sorry but regardless or her own background and her own many issues that deserve treatment and her own neglect and abuse, she should not be allowed around young children. She did commit the crime and she did sexually abuse two innocent children who how have to live with the consequences of that for the rest of their lives.

My heart breaks for Priscilla. I think she is a victim in so many different ways. I think her family failed her drastically in so many ways.

She should still not be permitted around young children, let alone allowed to reside with them.

I sincerely hope she is going to have to get comprehensive court ordered extensive treatment both for the assaults she committed and all of the things that happened to her throughout her life. And by that I mean real treatment, not Gothard treatment or her parents skewed vision or Godly treatment.

I think she has the potential to become an emotionally healthy adult one day if she is allowed access to the right treatment and adequately and effectively supported throughout it. I think it'll take her years.

But I don't think she should be permitted in the presence of children until that time.

I've been reading the comments on the article itself and I do agree that if Priscilla were a male her case would have been handled very, very differently. I do think she should have served more jail time.

What she did was horrible and she should bear the consequences. HOWEVER, she is also a teenager who grew up under horrifically sheltered - if not much worse - circumstances and who is clearly scarred from that upbringing. She is a perpetrator, but she's also a victim, and throwing her to rot in jail for thirty years is pointless. She needs serious psychological help and she needs away from that family.

Sola,

I am NOT blaming her(Priscilla) as I know that is what she learned. I am saying that her lies were away of protecting herself. I know the victims family and they NEVER wanted to have her rot in jail. In fact some people thought they were being to easy with going with her just having to plead to one charge and do short sentence. Priscilla's family lied to a lot of people,to lessen things . I myself was abused and neglected but that doesn't give me a get out of jail card free. All I am trying to say is that I dont' think the way the judge handle things were right, USUALLY the vitcims can make an impact statement they were not allowed to do that! This was a VERY high profile case as there aren't many females charged with these crimes. I know that on the same day a guy was charged or around the same day and haven't heard another thing about him. but there has been lots about her.

The thing is I know she was never a Nanny for the family as she isn't working and even when she was working she never had a Nanny. The situation is honestly sad for all.

Guest Anonymous
Sola,

I am NOT blaming her(Priscilla) as I know that is what she learned. I am saying that her lies were away of protecting herself. I know the victims family and they NEVER wanted to have her rot in jail. In fact some people thought they were being to easy with going with her just having to plead to one charge and do short sentence. Priscilla's family lied to a lot of people,to lessen things . I myself was abused and neglected but that doesn't give me a get out of jail card free. All I am trying to say is that I dont' think the way the judge handle things were right, USUALLY the vitcims can make an impact statement they were not allowed to do that! This was a VERY high profile case as there aren't many females charged with these crimes. I know that on the same day a guy was charged or around the same day and haven't heard another thing about him. but there has been lots about her.

The thing is I know she was never a Nanny for the family as she isn't working and even when she was working she never had a Nanny. The situation is honestly sad for all.

You might benefit form re-reading your own posts. People on here are reacting to your own actual words and the gist of what you are saying seems to change with each new post.

Priscilla was tried for her own crimes and the judge was not in a position to add her family's perceived wrongs to Priscilla's own actual charges. She didn't "get out of jail free"; she has served many moths of imprisonment whilst on remand, and is going to be on probation for a long time.

I agree with others that the 'sentence' should have included mandatory secular therapy and counselling. Hopefully resources will be available under the terms of her supervision order.

As to how she would have been treated if she were a man: historically there has always been much higher media coverage and outrage at women's crimes because of the assumption that women are the 'gentler' sex and are somehow worse for committing the same crimes that men commit. The focus should be on the crime and the appropriate punishment/rehabillitation for any given offence. IMO, the judge got this one mostly right.

Sola,

Then I'm completely confused as to what your original point was when you came here with your exclamation point abuse.

Just to remind you what you said:

She is guilty! Her family how ever lied about a lot to get the spot light off them.

and

Yes, Back with her family she GOES! They all were in court and I was there with the victims family! They were smirking like they got away with yet another thing! We feel bad for Priscilla as your right her parents lying to cover her tracks so they don't look bad hasn't helped her at all! Pixie dust how can that sentence be fair when you have NO clue the things she did to the people and the trouble her family has LIED and covered up for her that is only enabling her MORE! Also, They even lied trying to say the family did it to frame her ! Little did they know that the family was smart and expected that and they WILLINGLY handed over all of the electronic devices and Priscilla's was the only one that had stuff on it!

From what YOU wrote and how YOU wrote it, you give the impression that you are disgusted with the sentence and think that Priscilla should have incarcerated for longer. You even give your reasons in stating that her family lied to cover up. Priscilla was punished for what she did. As she already had time served the decision was taken to release her. The court has no right to punish her family without there being a police investigation into their actions and charges made.

I understand how hurt you must feel by the light sentence and I also agree that the lack of court mandated treatment is concerning (unless of course she has been receiving psychiatric care whilst incarcerated) but you are giving the impression that Priscilla should be punished for what her family did.

Sola,

Her and her family lied,I know that when I meet her she introduced me to the victim's family as hers and I am not saying more jail time, I think that court mandated therapy as well as having to not be able to be around young children so she doesn't do that again would have been more approriate. I have a nephew that did soemthing simular and he got 7 years in Prision and he was only 15 so yes, in some aspects I have mixed feelings about this .I don't think it is totally fair as he WAS still young but he was tried as an adult, and has to have it hung over his head. He was abused and adpoted into another family they didn't give him that consideration. I think that things should just be more equal across the board for all crimes that are commited weather it be male or female offenders. Your totally right Priscilla already has paid for her parents doings day in and day out they should have to pay for what they did. Again I am just torn between the whole things as I do feel sorry for Priscilla ,but I am also friends with the victims family and know what they have been through as well. And now they have victims that they have to deal with it it is hard on them.

Sola,

Her and her family lied,I know that when I meet her she introduced me to the victim's family as hers and I am not saying more jail time, I think that court mandated therapy as well as having to not be able to be around young children so she doesn't do that again would have been more approriate. I have a nephew that did soemthing simular and he got 7 years in Prision and he was only 15 so yes, in some aspects I have mixed feelings about this .I don't think it is totally fair as he WAS still young but he was tried as an adult, and has to have it hung over his head. He was abused and adpoted into another family they didn't give him that consideration. I think that things should just be more equal across the board for all crimes that are commited weather it be male or female offenders. Your totally right Priscilla already has paid for her parents doings day in and day out they should have to pay for what they did. Again I am just torn between the whole things as I do feel sorry for Priscilla ,but I am also friends with the victims family and know what they have been through as well. And now they have victims that they have to deal with it it is hard on them.

Uh, yeah. We'll be sure to let you know next time we need some gobbledy-gook. :roll:

I do not understand anything D878 is writing. She started on with one thing and has seemed to back-peddle some? Maybe? I don't know. The whole case is sad.

I do not understand anything D878 is writing. She started on with one thing and has seemed to back-peddle some? Maybe? I don't know. The whole case is sad.

Didn't she claim to be a psychologist? I am pretty sure you have to be able to write a coherent sentence for that. :lol:

Never mind the troll-like poster. About Priscilla. I hope like hell she is with supportive, extended, non-fundie family without kids who will love her, support her, get her therapy, kick her ass when needed (not just pray), and not throw her to the wolves if/when she screws up again, in whatever way. She is absolutely responsible for her own actions. But, since she's been put on probation instead of incarcerated, whoever is working with her and helping her needs to go back to the beginning, help her make peace with her life and actions, and move on from them. She's young enough that she absolutely can become a healthy, functioning adult. Maybe even one who 'does good' - how many former drug addicts/abusers/criminals/whatever become counselors in their later years, after living, learning and growing? She has the chance to make something of her life, but only if those surrounding her are willing to 'do the hard things' she really needs. And, of course, if she is willing as well.

It's all just a very, very sad situation. That family of hers makes my skin crawl and I am so glad they took down their make-up and Aqua net filled blog. They weren't ever 'pretty' and this makes that evident beyond doubt. Make up and cover ups and masks and lies don't make life perfect and one of their own brought down their facade; it was all a front, nothing behind it other than...ugly.

Sola,

Taryn?!? Are you okay?!?

Archived