IGNORED

Duggar Gossip from Boy Scout Camp

treemom

Josh is lazy and ignorant and far too full of himself to ever cope in a normal academic environment.

It's too soon to say about the younger kids, but I think all of the older kids from Joseph on up at least show some tendency toward industriousness, no doubt in part because it's been required of them. Considering he's the oldest of a large group of siblings, it's curious that Josh seems such a spoiled prince. Usually, it's the first born who shoulders the burden of higher parental expectations, but Josh comes across more like the pampered baby of the family.

I'm not sure why this is, but I suspect his siblings probably resent him.

I think Josh was spoiled because he was the first born son, which is the most valuable in a patriarchal family. He probably did some work when he was younger, but he was luckily followed by 4 girls so as soon as they could take over his work, he was off the hook. He was the favorite for a lot of other reasons too, like being the "survivor" right before they had a miscarriage, and also apparently being the only intentionally planned pregnancy. So the combination of favoring him and having lower expectations for boys meant that he never really had to do anything except look like a leader.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the kids have probably made friends with many of the tech/camera crew (not to mention the Today Show etc) so they have a wider circle of "worldly" friends than others in their positions do. And cash cow - a series called "Duggars on their own" or something like that.

However I'm betting a courtship would also roll in the ratings. Don't expect a quick one like Josh's - they will want to spin it out.

However I'm betting a courtship would also roll in the ratings. Don't expect a quick one like Josh's - they will want to spin it out.

I'm having trouble imagining which kid it would be.

The next two boys seem very shy and private - the total opposite of Smuggar - and I think the girls would be embarrassed to be courting in such a public manner.

I guess the only one I could see would maybe be Jill, but at the same time, she sort of strikes me as the "nun" of the family. And I can't imagine what Michelle would do without her.

My own guess is that the show ends quietly - no escapes, no on-screen courtships. Later, after the cameras and the fans are gone, all hell breaks loose.

I think that had Josh been more motivated and ambitious he could have gotten a law degree but now that he's fat and happy with his own buisness/sucking off TLC's teet with a wife and two kids to support he's not going to pursue higher education.

John-David's rather ill advised run for county rubber stamper? (I forgot what he actually was running for) shows that Jim-Bob still has some political ambitions that he wants to play out through his kids but let's face it any of the Josh J-slaves would have been more appealing candidates, John David's talents don't lie in his statesmanship or charisma. I wonder if we'll see Joseph or Josiah run for office at some point. Tonitown can only support but so many Duggar- run businesses.

One of the Duggars' cousins (through marriage) posts on a few different forums. She's not a fundie at all, but she's pretty close to the family. A few months back, I remember reading a post she wrote that said that Joy was the one she could see rebelling. If I remember correctly, she said that Joy actually prefers pants and that she is a lot spunkier than she appears on TV. She said she actually gets in trouble a lot. She also said that Jinger's interested in photography and that she could see Jinger moving away from home to pursue it.

I could totally see this being true about Joy. She has grown up with all those active boys. She is also one of the first to not get to raised at all by her parents directly. She has been floating around between buddies and the unsupervised boy pack for the last 6 years of TLC/Discovery.

As for Jinger/Jessa we can only hope. During one of the recent today show interviews the older kids were asked about wanting big families and the girls said they did, Jessa I believe spoke about it. I wonder if it was just fear of the prayer closet or if they really felt that way.

I would hope Amy would help one of the girls if they wanted to persue dreams that were not approved by Gothard/ATI/JB. I don't like the term leave because you should not have to leave your family to attend a christian college! If one of the older girls went to live with Amy would it really be that embaressing to the Duggars? I'm sure JimBob could spin it that his sister needed help or Amy and that daughter were studying at college together. It might actually might make JimBob look better if he let one girl go and he could still kind of watch over them.

Not to mention, it would make a helluva storyline and ratings would certainly go up. This is the network that brought us the Gosselin children on toilets and toddlers dressed like two bit whores, for Pete's sake. They are after the almighty dollar, period, so it's not likely that they would even consider speaking up.

In my admittedly hazy crystal ball I see JimBoob losing his schmit if one of the girls left. Contracts be damned, I see him locking all "outside" influences out of the house as they interrogate the others, wrangle to get her back, and come up with a "narrative." I don't think he has enough PR prowess to deal with the cameras and this at the same time.

Playboy.Centerfold. Millions.

That is all.

Please tell me you aren't thinking of Smugger for that?

I've just had my breakfast and the thought of that is making my breakfast want to come straight back up.

Am delurking to post this (is there somewhere to say hi?), but how about Grandma Duggar - as I understand it not fundie (could be wrong about that, not sure!), could have some money squirrelled away, and most importantly lives with the family so easily accessible for a dead of night escape...

Am delurking to post this (is there somewhere to say hi?), but how about Grandma Duggar - as I understand it not fundie (could be wrong about that, not sure!), could have some money squirrelled away, and most importantly lives with the family so easily accessible for a dead of night escape...

Grandma Duggar doesn't seem to have a problem with their believes, and could rat them out to the Boobs. But certainly if there's anyone in the house that could help, she would be the one.

In my admittedly hazy crystal ball I see JimBoob losing his schmit if one of the girls left. Contracts be damned, I see him locking all "outside" influences out of the house as they interrogate the others, wrangle to get her back, and come up with a "narrative." I don't think he has enough PR prowess to deal with the cameras and this at the same time.

Oh, I'm sure JB would get really pissed if an adult daughter left, but TLC is nearly as sleazy as he is and they would absolutely not hesitate for a second to turn on JB and side with the daughter, possibly even paying legal fees. TLC cares about ratings and money, and the show is really getting boring. They know they'd get a lot more viewers for a show about a young women who escaped from a horrible life, so if that happened they'd do everything to support her. They have absolutely no loyalty for JB or anyone else. It's all about the ratings and a kid escaping would be a fantastic new series. And of course it would be great PR for TLC to help someone like that too. Public support has been declining for JB and Michelle since Josie was born. JB could throw an epic tantrum but there's not much he could do about an adult leaving, especially with the entire TLC team on her side. Heck, if TLC were smart they'd actually instigate this.

I think it was mentioned in another thread that Boob's dad disagreed a lot with the fundie lifestyle and that Mary became more fundie like when Boob and Deanna were teenagers.

I think it was mentioned in another thread that Boob's dad disagreed a lot with the fundie lifestyle and that Mary became more fundie like when Boob and Deanna were teenagers.

But Deanna's not that fundie, right? She didn't take quite so well to it as JB did?

But Deanna's not that fundie, right? She didn't take quite so well to it as JB did?

I don't think Deanna is fundie or fundie lite. I think she never got into the fundie lifestyle like Boob did. Boob attended a Christian high school, while Deanna attended a public school. As a teen Boob was heavily involved with a very conservative Christian youth group.

I don't think Deanna is fundie or fundie lite. I think she never got into the fundie lifestyle like Boob did. Boob attended a Christian high school, while Deanna attended a public school. As a teen Boob was heavily involved with a very conservative Christian youth group.

Do you know what this group was called?

Do you know what this group was called?

I don't think Boob has ever said the name of the group. I think it more of a local formed group that was affiliated with a main organization. On the Duggar website he talks about how as teen he made a promise to be committed Christian and part of the promise he made with the Christian youth group was that he was only go to date or court other Christians. He has talked about this groups a few times and I remember they were against rock music and other forms of popular culture.

I don't think Boob has ever said the name of the group. I think it more of a local formed group that was affiliated with a main organization. On the Duggar website he talks about how as teen he made a promise to be committed Christian and part of the promise he made with the Christian youth group was that he was only go to date or court other Christians. He has talked about this groups a few times and I remember they were against rock music and other forms of popular culture.

Gotchya, thanks :-)

I think that had Josh been more motivated and ambitious he could have gotten a law degree but now that he's fat and happy with his own buisness/sucking off TLC's teet with a wife and two kids to support he's not going to pursue higher education.

John-David's rather ill advised run for county rubber stamper? (I forgot what he actually was running for) shows that Jim-Bob still has some political ambitions that he wants to play out through his kids but let's face it any of the Josh J-slaves would have been more appealing candidates, John David's talents don't lie in his statesmanship or charisma. I wonder if we'll see Joseph or Josiah run for office at some point. Tonitown can only support but so many Duggar- run businesses.

Ya, that's why all their businesses are in Springdale.

JD was running for alderman of Tontitown. Judging from the alderman in my own town, the job apparently doesn't require much charisma. But it does require connections, and no doubt the Duggars are connected.

oh I don't know...so far only a Car lot and Wrecker service. In the new book they tell how they've learned to unplug their sewage lines in the house. Funny a while back I suggested that would be Joseph's line of work! We'll see.

I'm sure there will be lots of new Duggar-industries in coming years and a lot of them will be in that general area. After all the Duggar parents own a lot of property!

Archived