IGNORED

Duggar Gossip from Boy Scout Camp

treemom

This is probably true and why Jim Bob doesn't seem to hot to marry the girls off.

And thats the problem. They cant just up and run. They dont have cars, money, credit cards etc. They cant just LEAVE. He's going to marry them off to someone that will tow the line and keep them in the servitude and faithful. Their only hope is to, somehow, get some money stashed and make a run for it. They'd be safe after that...

I dont see them doing a tell all. They do love their family, even if they dont want to adopt the lifestyle.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know that Amy is a possibility. She relies on Jim Boob and Michelle's good graces to get herself on television. Michelle's family may not be super well known to them, but seems the best bet as far as being removed from the fundieism and yet still safe enough to trust. If one of them runs, I imagine that there will be plenty of opportunities for earning money. Plus, they could always turn the spiritual abuse community for support.

I don't know that Amy is a possibility. She relies on Jim Boob and Michelle's good graces to get herself on television. Michelle's family may not be super well known to them, but seems the best bet as far as being removed from the fundieism and yet still safe enough to trust. If one of them runs, I imagine that there will be plenty of opportunities for earning money. Plus, they could always turn the spiritual abuse community for support.

I dont know that they have any clue such a thing exists. I honestly see them showing up at a random church and asking for help. Hopefully, they will be forthcoming.

I dont know that they have any clue such a thing exists. I honestly see them showing up at a random church and asking for help. Hopefully, they will be forthcoming.

Maybe they have chatted with Suze and have some sort of plans in the works to get an apartment with her. And with all the traveling they've done, who knows what kind of contacts they've made. I know they're watched pretty closely, but surely they've had opportunity to chat with people with Boob, Michelle, and Jill out of earshot. I guarantee people have reached out to some of the older kids and offered them help if they want out.

Maybe they have chatted with Suze and have some sort of plans in the works to get an apartment with her. And with all the traveling they've done, who knows what kind of contacts they've made. I know they're watched pretty closely, but surely they've had opportunity to chat with people with Boob, Michelle, and Jill out of earshot. I guarantee people have reached out to some of the older kids and offered them help if they want out.

If they end up living with Suze or even associating with her, I have a feeling that the Duggars will blame Suze. I hope they don't end up taking it out on Anna.

If the girl was smart, she would find a good lawyer. SHe might be able to sue her parents for the money that she should have earned. Or she might be able to get a book deal for dishing out the dirt on her family.

Even an exclusive tell-all magazine interview would bring in enough $$$ to get them started.

I was cranky earlier forgive me :)

You, cranky? nah.

I'm not surprised to hear any of this. I really hope at least a few of those kids make it out.

You, cranky? nah.

I'm not surprised to hear any of this. I really hope at least a few of those kids make it out.

Sorry, I have a lot of things going on in real life and just was sort of frustrated that one single line was taken mostly out of context.

Guest Anonymous

I fee very nervous, for the sake of the girls, about discussing potential escapers by name. The TLC producers trawl this board, among others, and I'd hate to see any real escape plans get quashed because they were reported to Boob and OfBoob.

I fee very nervous, for the sake of the girls, about discussing potential escapers by name. The TLC producers trawl this board, among others, and I'd hate to see any real escape plans get quashed because they were reported to Boob and OfBoob.

I would hope the TLC producers have enough sense to realize that 18-year-olds are legal adults and therefore should be allowed to leave their parents if they want to. The only reason that an 18-year-old would have to "escape" instead of up and leave because they choose to is if their parents are controlling them, which is abuse. Of course, I don't expect the fundie parents to realize that what they are doing to their adult children is wrong, but the TLC producers would, I hope, know.

I would hope the TLC producers have enough sense to realize that 18-year-olds are legal adults and therefore should be allowed to leave their parents if they want to. The only reason that an 18-year-old would have to "escape" instead of up and leave because they choose to is if their parents are controlling them, which is abuse. Of course, I don't expect the fundie parents to realize that what they are doing to their adult children is wrong, but the TLC producers would, I hope, know.

Not to mention, it would make a helluva storyline and ratings would certainly go up. This is the network that brought us the Gosselin children on toilets and toddlers dressed like two bit whores, for Pete's sake. They are after the almighty dollar, period, so it's not likely that they would even consider speaking up.

Maybe Jessa is waiting for Jinger to turn 18 so they can escape together. Lately though I've been hoping for Joy-Anna to escape. Hopefully she can last 5 more years and then escape. I think that if one of the older ones get out, they will pave the way and many of the younger ones will follow them as soon as they are legally allowed to leave. Hopefully at least two of them will leave at the same time so they can help each other.

That's what I was thinking, too! I hope they can escape and come back for the others (Joy, et.al.) I realy hope Jana will go with them, too. That girl needs to be freed!

Oooo, that's some good stuff. It sounds like a lot of people have Duggar dirt, I wonder why more of it doesn't go mainstream? Does TLC pay off people to keep their mouths shut?

Those poor girls. It's staggering to think how much of their spirits have been crushed.

Oh, and treemom? I didn't see ANY misspellings in your post! :P

Rachel333 has posted some stuff on the Duggars here. I remember she said on the old FJ that the homeschooling community in the Duggars' area was mixed on the family. She said some families were starting to dislike the family, while others were still ok with them. If you look deeply on topix or city data there is some gossip on the family. On city data there are some posters who say there are friends of the family and are always defending them. There was a topix discussion last year and some people said that they lived near the Duggars and were very annoyed when Mullet Michelle protested at the liquor licensing board.

I don't think TLC is paying off anyone to keep their mouths shut. Gossiping and rumors have spread before. There were several online rumors about Michelle always changing doctors because she would get annoyed with their medical advice. There was a rumor that one doctor dropped Michelle as a patient. Gossping probably goes on in Tonitown and Springdale but some of doesn't go online or to tabloids. I think the people in communities who dislike the Duggars probably keep their thoughts to themselves.

One of the Duggars' cousins (through marriage) posts on a few different forums. She's not a fundie at all, but she's pretty close to the family. A few months back, I remember reading a post she wrote that said that Joy was the one she could see rebelling. If I remember correctly, she said that Joy actually prefers pants and that she is a lot spunkier than she appears on TV. She said she actually gets in trouble a lot. She also said that Jinger's interested in photography and that she could see Jinger moving away from home to pursue it.

Just like when Kate & Jon split, their "rating" went up. Everyone wanted the "dirt". I think the TLC show would go up as well. I'm sure lots of people would tune in if one or more kids left the fold.

I mentioned in my post about the new book that they seem to be laying the ground work for one of the girls to finish an actual nursing degree. Gothard's program offers the electives and pre-reqs, but to be licensed even ATI says up front they will have to attend a local program. I've also wondered if John might seek more training to be a full EMT and or mechanic. They say many times he loves to fix things. Jinger is often cited as loving photography--she might want to go on for more after she exhausts Gothard's training. Since Jed/Jer?? wants to be an artist I keep expecting to see something about him going to the Chalk Talk class--maybe with his brother who wants to be a missionary. This IS an amazing thing to watch by the way! A real chalk artist is like watching a magician. I may be in the minority, but I think Josh will go on after College Plus to get a real degree. Jim-Bob is a politician and he's seen that at the national level a college education (and usually a real law school degree) is a foregone conclusion for success.

I mentioned in my post about the new book that they seem to be laying the ground work for one of the girls to finish an actual nursing degree. Gothard's program offers the electives and pre-reqs, but to be licensed even ATI says up front they will have to attend a local program. I've also wondered if John might seek more training to be a full EMT and or mechanic. They say many times he loves to fix things. Jinger is often cited as loving photography--she might want to go on for more after she exhausts Gothard's training. Since Jed/Jer?? wants to be an artist I keep expecting to see something about him going to the Chalk Talk class--maybe with his brother who wants to be a missionary. This IS an amazing thing to watch by the way! A real chalk artist is like watching a magician. I may be in the minority, but I think Josh will go on after College Plus to get a real degree. Jim-Bob is a politician and he's seen that at the national level a college education (and usually a real law school degree) is a foregone conclusion for success.

Joshie bought the CP bridge in total. I can see him becoming a local "dean" or something of the sort to spread the good word of bullshit college. He will never get a real law degree.

Joshie bought the CP bridge in total. I can see him becoming a local "dean" or something of the sort to spread the good word of bullshit college. He will never get a real law degree.

I agree. They obviously see no value in proper education and to me, they seem lazy. Why do a lot of hard work to earn a degree when you can cook up some crackpot scheme, a "business", or continue living off TLC's dime.

I just don't see Josh getting any kind of real degree. I don't think he did well academically and I doubt he would even get accepted to a real college. And even if he did manage to get accepted somewhere, I just don't see him actually doing the work to finish. No matter what JB's plans are, I just don't think Josh is capable of it.

I could see most of the others getting higher education, and I hope that the boy who wants to be an artist is allowed to follow his dreams. I definitely see John as a mechanic and I think he'd be good at it too. He seems much harder worker and smarter than his brother. And of course the girls aren't lazy because they run that household. I think that most of the kids could achieve great things if they tried, but Josh is a spoiled pampered princess and he seems as shady as his father.

Josh is lazy and ignorant and far too full of himself to ever cope in a normal academic environment.

It's too soon to say about the younger kids, but I think all of the older kids from Joseph on up at least show some tendency toward industriousness, no doubt in part because it's been required of them. Considering he's the oldest of a large group of siblings, it's curious that Josh seems such a spoiled prince. Usually, it's the first born who shoulders the burden of higher parental expectations, but Josh comes across more like the pampered baby of the family.

I'm not sure why this is, but I suspect his siblings probably resent him.

I can't imagine Josh making it through a real law school. Trying to run a used car lot and popping out one kid after another doesn't really leave you much time to do a lot of studying.

I'd love to see the other kids get out though, especially the girls.

I remember reading somewhere in an article that the reason the Duggars were going the CollegeMinus route was because Boob or Mullett said that the family vacation a lot and that CollegeMinus would allow to be flexible with their vacationing/mission trips. I thought that excuse was a joke. In life you can't always have things catered so you could vacation or go mission trips with your family whenever you want to.

Archived