IGNORED

Yet another birth control idiot

Sunnichick31

Safety? Do they think that the movie Zoolander was a documentary? How does the rest of the world manage to figure out how to pump gas without igniting themselves?

I'm not crazy about the notion of creating jobs simply for the purpose of creating jobs. In terms of occupational safety, I'd also wonder if the exposure to gasoline fumes on a constant basis isn't much more dangerous than the occasional exposure that the average motorist gets.

Yeah, which is why I think it stinks that owners here cut so many attendant jobs...Gosh, since NAFTA became law so many jobs were lost, sp. in factory work it's a nightmare.

I didn't know there are places you can have someone pump gas for you. I've never, ever seen one. Not even when traveling. I've always pumped my own gas. Who else would do it? Should I phone a male friend or call my daddy and say I can't pump my own gas because I don't have a penis? That makes all the difference in ability to put gas in a car after all.

Love that she says men all suck at cooking. Never heard of chefs, who are mostly men. Love this response to her from a young man where he basically tells her she's an ignorant twat.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2DSswswSLY

Safety? Do they think that the movie Zoolander was a documentary? How does the rest of the world manage to figure out how to pump gas without igniting themselves?

I'm not crazy about the notion of creating jobs simply for the purpose of creating jobs. In terms of occupational safety, I'd also wonder if the exposure to gasoline fumes on a constant basis isn't much more dangerous than the occasional exposure that the average motorist gets.

It went up for a state wide vote a few years back and Boregonians overwhelmingly voted to keep the rule.

I wasn't aware that pumping gas in my state was tied to a WPA type jobs creation. There are actually 17 different justifications within the law and 11 times Oregonians have voted to keep it.

Like I said its a wonderful convenience in bad weather, and I like getting my windows washed and fluids checked upon request.

IMO, if you're a woman of child bearing age, and you're sexually active, you should have access to some kind of birth control that doesn't require your partners consent to use. You don't have to actually USE it if it hurts your religious sensibilities, but all women should have access to it.

On the same rationalization, if you drive a car, you darn well better know automotive basics... like how to gas up your vehicle, check fluid levels, change a flat tire, jump start your car, etc. My father made sure that all of his children, male and female, knew those basics before we were allowed to go out places with our friends in their cars.

I think that the whole men's work/women's work division of labor is bullcrap. What is supposed to happen if your spouse gets sick or dies, or is away on business? Are you supposed to sit there and look helpless? Good grief! Even my grandfather could manage to clean house, do laundry and cook a meal for himself... and my grandmother could deal with automotive stuff, pump gas, mow the lawn and fix things around the house.

I drive a car and I hate pumping my own gas so I go to a station in town that has attendants. I love it when I have to drive in Oregon because you cannot fill your own gas tank there. I just don't like doing it because I end up smelling gasoline all day. If I have to I will do it. I have assembled a shelving unit from ikea though. that is rather off topic.

Can you pump your own gas in New Jersey? I was there several years ago and got out to pump my gas when this man comes running out yelling at me that I can't pump my own gas. I said you're kidding, where I live if you don't pump your own gas then you don't get gas. I guess I'll find out this summer when I visit my home state again.

At least this one has a uterus. I still don't agree with her, but at least she is qualified to speak about it, unlike all those male politicians.

OMG, my cat jumped off the couch in fright when that voice came on. What an irritating voice. :( And I'd have to say those boobs are fake - fake-fake!!!! eleventy11!!!

Wow, this one is classy.

I wonder how much her plastic tits and fake hair cost.

Why does this bimbo think we care what her opinion is? She says she owes a lot of money because she does't take taxes out when she earns money as a model. If she can't even do the simple arithmetic required to set that money aside come tax season then she has no business trying to reason her way through BC and how people are PAYING for their own BC by paying premiums to their own insurance.

This dumbass needs to shut her pie hole and just look pretty for the cameras because obviously her plastic looks are all she has to her advantage.

I didn't know there are places you can have someone pump gas for you. I've never, ever seen one. Not even when traveling. I've always pumped my own gas. Who else would do it? Should I phone a male friend or call my daddy and say I can't pump my own gas because I don't have a penis? That makes all the difference in ability to put gas in a car after all.

Love that she says men all suck at cooking. Never heard of chefs, who are mostly men. Love this response to her from a young man where he basically tells her she's an ignorant twat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2DSswswSLY

So weird there's so few places where someone pumps for you. What are disabled people supposed to do? I sadly don't have a car so it's been awhile, but I seem to remember it takes quite a lot of hand strength to pump gas. I know my mother, who has post polio syndrome, always goes places where someone will pump for you. She never has trouble finding a place to get gas, either.

You know what? I shouldn't have to pay for a war I don't agree with. I shouldn't have to pay for people who use public hospitals to pop out 1908234 babies. In fact, I should be able to put my personal tax payments into a special little fund called "Things Wtfrenchtoast Agrees With", to be spent ONLY on things I agree with. Those Americans who are Jehovah's Witnesses should be allowed to demand that no tax money be spent on blood transfusions. Mormons should be allowed to demand that no tax money be spent on coffee in government buildings. Vegetarians should be allowed to demand that government money not be spent on meat for public school lunches. Pastafarians should be allowed to demand that food stamps only cover pasta.

Except no, taxes don't work that way. If you're living in society, you're benefiting from society, so you pay taxes to society as a whole. Not the special little section of society you agree with. If you don't like that, go live on a fucking deserted island.

You know what? I shouldn't have to pay for a war I don't agree with. I shouldn't have to pay for people who use public hospitals to pop out 1908234 babies. In fact, I should be able to put my personal tax payments into a special little fund called "Things Wtfrenchtoast Agrees With", to be spent ONLY on things I agree with. Those Americans who are Jehovah's Witnesses should be allowed to demand that no tax money be spent on blood transfusions. Mormons should be allowed to demand that no tax money be spent on coffee in government buildings. Vegetarians should be allowed to demand that government money not be spent on meat for public school lunches. Pastafarians should be allowed to demand that food stamps only cover pasta.

Except no, taxes don't work that way. If you're living in society, you're benefiting from society, so you pay taxes to society as a whole. Not the special little section of society you agree with. If you don't like that, go live on a fucking deserted island.

This. I might steal it to post on her video.

So weird there's so few places where someone pumps for you. What are disabled people supposed to do? I sadly don't have a car so it's been awhile, but I seem to remember it takes quite a lot of hand strength to pump gas. I know my mother, who has post polio syndrome, always goes places where someone will pump for you. She never has trouble finding a place to get gas, either.

There's usually a button a disabled person can press. A clerk will come out to help...theoretically.

This. I might steal it to post on her video.

Feel free, sunnichick.

Also, just throwing this out there: This shit is simple economics. Do you want to pay $25 a month for a woman to have BC, or $25000 for delivery every one to two years as she pops out children? Plus any extra care the baby and mother may need, as well as the medical care for the baby until it's an adult? Because either way, your insurance premiums pay for other people's shit. Personally, I wouldn't want my premiums to go to a baby a woman doesn't even want.

There's usually a button a disabled person can press. A clerk will come out to help...theoretically.

I've seen that done. Clerks do pump gas for those disabled and unable to do so. But yeah, where I live I've never seen a place with attendants to pump the gas for you. I'm glad places do that though. I won't complain though. My state has stayed away from abortion, personhood and creationism bills so I am pleased that my backward state isn't caving. Attendants would increase jobs here though and we need them so would be nice, but if that's all I have to complain about right now here, besides the high poverty and high obesity rates, I say my state's doing quite well. Hope it won't cave to all the nuts.

I don't understand what the "safety" issue is for pumping your own gas. I've pumped my own almost always since I was 16 and first driving, after being stuck at night, running on fumes, and not knowing how to pump gas. And everywhere that did it for you was closed. Anyway, I've never felt in any danger at the pump, although last night when I was filling my tank, I was beginning to fear that I might freeze to death. It was colder than I thought! Damn wind.

I also don't understand all these concerns about smelling like gas all day. The only time I've ever spilled it was when I was paying more attention to getting the price to a nice round number than I was to the fact that my tank was already full. :oops: I still don't think it left me smelling of gas all day.

Archived