IGNORED

Yet another birth control idiot

Sunnichick31

At least this one has a uterus. I still don't agree with her, but at least she is qualified to speak about it, unlike all those male politicians.

ETA- Just watched another video of hers entitled anti-feminist. This girl is a frikken idiot. She thinks there are certain tasks women shouldn't do (such as pumping gas and putting up shelves) and certain things men shouldn't do (such as cooking and carrying babies.) Fuck that. If you're going to have a drivers license, you have to pump your own freaking gas. Yea, it's a pain, but it's part of having a car! And putting up shelves, big deal. Why do you want to be totally helpless!? And men not cooking? Ok, whatever, if you think that it's wrong for a man to set foot in the kitchen, then have fun cooking 3 meals a day when you have the flu, or when you just gave birth and are exhausted. And it takes two to make a baby, so it takes two to carry a baby idiot. Screw this girl.

Still doesn't qualify her to make decisions about mine.

If I still had my snarky youtube account (my current one is easily identifiable as mine), I'd ask her whether she thinks it's ok for women to drive at all. Or are we just supposed to pay extra at full serve stations lest we...accomplish the vaguely sexual act of sticking a gas nozzle in a hole and are suddenly overcome with penis envy...?

I've seen this person's videos before. If she spent half the amount of time she does on her nails/hair/makeup to think a bit more, she'd have much better stuff to say. The idea that men shouldn't be involved in childcare enrages me.

And I'm not a big fan of judging others on their looks/appearance, but it seems strange to be an advocate of abstinence while looking like a "lady of the evening".

And I know I keep posting here, but I'm pretty horrified at how idiotic she sounds. I am not what one would call a "liberal", and yet it's agonizing for me to listen to someone literally say that men "know what's best" for adult women. It makes me cringe. Socially right-wing ideas (such as this one, as well as many others) are why I stopped calling myself a "conservative" years ago.

Did this idiot even bother to ask men what they want? I know my husband loves to take care of our son. He likes to carry him around, play with him, feed him, and kiss and hug on him. She basically wants to cut fathers out of spending time with their children and bonding with them. If I were a man, I'd be insulted. Fathers deserve just as much interaction with their children as mothers do.

Did this idiot even bother to ask men what they want? I know my husband loves to take care of our son. He likes to carry him around, play with him, feed him, and kiss and hug on him. She basically wants to cut fathers out of spending time with their children and bonding with them. If I were a man, I'd be insulted. Fathers deserve just as much interaction with their children as mothers do.

You know, maybe she has such little faith in women because she looks in the mirror every morning and says, "Wow, I'm a moron! I have no business being a man's equal."

You know, maybe she has such little faith in women because she looks in the mirror every morning and says, "Wow, I'm a moron! I have no business being a man's equal."

Maybe that is the reason.

At least this one has a uterus. I still don't agree with her, but at least she is qualified to speak about it, unlike all those male politicians.

ETA- Just watched another video of hers entitled anti-feminist. This girl is a frikken idiot. She thinks there are certain tasks women shouldn't do (such as pumping gas and putting up shelves) and certain things men shouldn't do (such as cooking and carrying babies.) Fuck that. If you're going to have a drivers license, you have to pump your own freaking gas. Yea, it's a pain, but it's part of having a car! And putting up shelves, big deal. Why do you want to be totally helpless!? And men not cooking? Ok, whatever, if you think that it's wrong for a man to set foot in the kitchen, then have fun cooking 3 meals a day when you have the flu, or when you just gave birth and are exhausted. And it takes two to make a baby, so it takes two to carry a baby idiot. Screw this girl.

I now just call it hormone therapy. I am so tired of people saying that it only has one purpose. I consider the fact that you dont pregnant while on it a good side effect.

Guest Anonymous

Wait a minute. Nobody is forcing her to use birth control. If she chooses not to use it because it's against her religion, fine. But she has no right to deny other women the right to use it. And, as others have said BCPs are use for other purposes than birth control.

I now just call it hormone therapy. I am so tired of people saying that it only has one purpose. I consider the fact that you dont pregnant while on it a good side effect.

I'm the opposite. I call it embryo repellent, even though I'd still be on it for medical reasons if I wasn't on it for sex.

I drive a car and I hate pumping my own gas so I go to a station in town that has attendants. I love it when I have to drive in Oregon because you cannot fill your own gas tank there. I just don't like doing it because I end up smelling gasoline all day. If I have to I will do it. I have assembled a shelving unit from ikea though. that is rather off topic.

I tried to watch the video. really I did but between the boobs and the voice I just couldn't do it. I wanted to slam my head against a wall so much and I only got to her bit about freedom of religion. that paying for birth control was infringing on her rights of freedom of religion.

:lol: I might have to use it when I am among evangelicals.

I'm the opposite. I call it embryo repellent, even though I'd still be on it for medical reasons if I wasn't on it for sex.

:lol:

Well she is as irritating as fuck. I hope the government didn't have to pay for her breast implants, because like ya know she's um well ya know infringing on my um freedom of ah um ya know religion. :roll:

I tried to think of something smart to say in response. I can't. How does one argue wth that level of bad arguing?

Also, this woman is arguing against something imaginary. Where is all the free government funded birth control?? It's PRIVATE INSURANCE COVERAGE.

Is this a joke, or is she really that stupid? I couldn't watch the whole thing.

As for stereotypes:

If I did not assemble stuff and left it for my (lovable and brilliant but were a severe visual-spatial learning disability) hubby to do, we wouldn't have a functional BBQ, or front bench, or drawers in the front hall, or a functional printer, or a wall that didn't have a zillion holes in it.

If I wasn't able to snake a toilet, we'd either have a non-functional toilet or really high plumber bills.

If my father didn't cook, I'd have miss out on some great food and starve while over at my parents, since my mother is pretty hopeless in the kitchen. Ditto for my MIL and FIL.

If I didn't pump gas, I'd get stranded on the road.

If I didn't drive on highways and at night, we'd be shut in, especially since my hubby's had repeated eye surgeries.

If my hubby hadn't been on parental leave, I wouldn't have been able to take on a full-time contract after my first baby was born.

If my hubby didn't care for the kids at all, I would have gone nuts and the kiddies would have missed out on a lot of joy.

[You know, maybe she has such little faith in women because she looks in the mirror every morning and says, "Wow, I'm a moron! I have no business being a man's equal."

She has no business being a squirrel's equal.

She has no business being a squirrel's equal.

:lol:

I find it amusing that she calls someone lazy for wanting their insurance to cover the cost of birth control and yet doesn't believe a woman should pump her own gas. Pot meet Kettle....

I drive a car and I hate pumping my own gas so I go to a station in town that has attendants. I love it when I have to drive in Oregon because you cannot fill your own gas tank there.

I just don't like doing it because I end up smelling gasoline all day. If I have to I will do it. I have assembled a shelving unit from ikea though. that is rather off topic.

I tried to watch the video. really I did but between the boobs and the voice I just couldn't do it. I wanted to slam my head against a wall so much and I only got to her bit about freedom of religion. that paying for birth control was infringing on her rights of freedom of religion.

Every gas stations in OR must have attendants that pump yr gas?? Wow, didn't know that. What's their reason? I wonder if other states are similar. Here in Québec gas stations are 90% "pump yr own", compared to 90% "with service" in the 80s. When we took a road trip to Chicago a few yrs ago we were surprised at how many "with service" stations there were in Ohio.

I guee that gas stations owners figured they'd make more $$ by cutting attendants...There is a good movie made in 2003 called "Gas Bar Blues" where a man who owns an independant gas station must make certain decisions. Movie is originally in French though.

Again, sorry for verging off-topic. Been guilty of doing it a lot lately... :naughty:

Every gas stations in OR must have attendants that pump yr gas?? Wow, didn't know that. What's their reason? I wonder if other states are similar. Here in Québec gas stations are 90% "pump yr own", compared to 90% "with service" in the 80s. When we took a road trip to Chicago a few yrs ago we were surprised at how many "with service" stations there were in Ohio.

I guee that gas stations owners figured they'd make more $$ by cutting attendants...There is a good movie made in 2003 called "Gas Bar Blues" where a man who owns an independant gas station must make certain decisions. Movie is originally in French though.

Again, sorry for verging off-topic. Been guilty of doing it a lot lately... :naughty:

I think NJ used to have a rule about drivers not pumping gas as well.

Here in Boregonia the rationale is safety. You can belong to a wholesale fuel coop and pump your own gas or prepay at a wholesale station and pump your own gas. This is a boon during our nasty stormy winters, or when you don't want to go to work reeking of gasoline after dripping it all over your vehicle. The station I use pays their workers a living wage, medical and retirement. (medical ins cost is a split between the employer and emp.)

edited for accuracy.

You can't pump your own gas in the state of New Jersey (probably because we need our hands free to fist pump)! It makes me happy :)

I think NJ used to have a rule about drivers not pumping gas as well.

Here in Boregonia the rationale is safety. You can belong to a wholesale fuel coop and pump your own gas or prepay at a wholesale station and pump your own gas. This is a boon during our nasty stormy winters, or when you don't want to go to work reeking of gasoline after dripping it all over your vehicle.

The station I use pays their workers a living wage, benefits and retirement.

Yeah, which is why I think it stinks that owners here cut so many attendant jobs...Gosh, since NAFTA became law so many jobs were lost, sp. in factory work it's a nightmare.

Archived