IGNORED

hiilllllllarious fundie wedding pic...

Caxpax

I was just checking out the wedding pics of a fundie girl I knew many moons ago. She was probably one of the most obnoxious people I have ever met, completely leaving her fundiehood aside. We lived in a very fundie-sparse area, so her religious devotion was an oddity, to say the least.

Anyway- she's friends with a few fb friends and when I saw she had gotten married, I checked out the pictures for snark purposes. All in all, nothing too snark-worthy- ugly bridesmaid dresses (and way to many bridesmaids) but nothing major. Then there it is. The ultimate fundie wedding pictures. Her mom is handing her a book (mom is fundie too). The next shot is a close up of the book in the girl's hand. What book did this woman give her daughter for her wedding day?

"The Act of Marriage: The Beauty of Sexual Love" by Tim and Beverly LaHaye.

I nearly fell off the bed I was laughing so hard. We are 30 years old. The sad thing is, I'm sure the book was necessary, because she and her husband had the wild-eyed desperate "OHMYGODWEGETTOHAVESEXSOON" face in all the wedding pictures.

So, so sad. And so squicky to include that in the public slideshow of your wedding pics. Just...ew.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Oh wow! Yeah, that should haven been a private thing between mother and daughter. This also begs the question, who needs a book to explain sex? It ain't rocket science.

Nine months til the slideshow of her crapping out a baby on the toilet.

8 months, and the preemie weighs in at 8lbs or more.

I think (?) the TOS says we can't post facebook profile links.

I think (?) the TOS says we can't post facebook profile links.

I don't see that specifically in the TOS, I see this:

Posting private, identifying information about an individual, including addresses and phone numbers that are not available via public resources (ie court documents, news articles)

I've always understood that Facebook profiles if they are public and the fundies have linked them to their blogs/Twitters/what have you are fair game. I wouldn't post a link to the photos or the pictures if they're friends-only.

I think we need to see this picture. We cannot take your word for it that it is hiliarious,we need to decide for ourselves. :)

I think we need to see this picture. We cannot take your word for it that it is hiliarious,we need to decide for ourselves. :)

Exactly. :text-worthless:

Are these pictures behind privacy settings? If so, then no, don't post them. Remember the Lina thread where a FB friend of Lina's posted the 'It's a boy' pictures from Lina's FB? We mostly supported Lina in that the friend should not have posted pictures here that originated behind Lina's privacy settings on FB.

If the pictures are there for anyone to see however, go for it.

She has a public facebook page, and the links were posted up there with no password to enter.

I'm trying to figure out if I can just get screenshots of the few pictures in question and post them.....

If she's public, then go for it. Either that or post the link to her FB.

sierrablancophoto.com/flaunt/#/set/9390/sarah-and-josh-wedding/

Is it just me, or does the makeup artist look kind of horrified in the pic of the mom handing her daughter the book?

Not to be all bitchy, but could you take out all the DOTS and just remove the http://www? It makes it so much easier to copy and paste.

People may not agree with me, and that's fine, because I don't claim to be the Czar of Right & Wrong, but I think linking to her photos is an ethical gray area, even if they are public. She's naive to post them publicly for sure, but she probably never imagined a forum critical of fundies that would give a damn what book her mother gave her before the ceremony.

OMG! The look on the maku-up artist's face is priceless. She is giving the mom the WTF is wrong with you look.

Their cake is something I would expect to see at an eight year old's princess birthday part.

What was the deal at the end with the bridesmaids throwing feathering stuff on them?

OH MY LORD, HOW DID I MISS THAT CAKE? That is totally her, tho. She always seemed several years younger than her chronological age.

Yowzah. I was too busy hysterically laughing about the book that I didn't bother scrolling through to the end.

I have no idea what the deal is with the feathers.

AudreyE-

I admit, I do feel kind of meangirlish posting these pictures. She is, however, very much the kind of fundie that would take away my right to abortion/birth control, my right to work outside the home, super preachy and judgemental, so considering all that I feel like posting her publicly available wedding pics for a few moments of snark enjoyment is, big picture, not so terrible. I may change my mind, and am open to hearing people's objections.

She thinks doctors who perform abortion should be given the death penalty. Not a nice person.

Those bridesmaids dresses are ... unfortunate.

My five year-old daughter was watching the slideshow with me. She asked why the bride was crying in one of the pictures. I told her that the bride was crying out of happiness. My daughter said "maybe she doesn't want a baby." :lol:

Am I just dumb? When I copy and paste the link (taking out the DOT and putting in a . obviously) it takes me to the photographer's home page.

Try it again- I've edited the link a few times. I'm trying to make it harder for it to be traced back to fj yet still viewable.

I must be thick - I've been to the photographer's website but can't find any photos for that couple. The link you give doesn't work for me either.

Shortly after the shot of her getting that book, there's one of her with a banana:

:lol:

Oh wow! Yeah, that should haven been a private thing between mother and daughter. This also begs the question, who needs a book to explain sex? It ain't rocket science.

tell that to pandas.

And remember, these are people who have (probably) been taught to repress all sexual thoughts and the man is probably not aware that women have a THIRD whole down there. So yea, a book is probably necessary. With illustrations.

Archived