IGNORED

"Damn immigrants need to learn proper english!"

xReems

Guest Anonymous

Ok, yes, I agree about the opportunities. But I know of a lot of places that offer courses in English for free, and of course other people in the community can help. BTW, I have already stated I can understand most, but you must have missed that part.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As to the Google Translate thing...you asked for a reply in Spanish knowing that I don't speak it, so Google Translate it was.

Reason we're "beating a dead horse". Because you clearly miss the points we're making as this statement right here proves.

Ok, yes, I agree about the opportunities. But I know of a lot of places that offer courses in English for free, and of course other people in the community can help. BTW, I have already stated I can understand most, but you must have missed that part.

But the people who don't have access to free classes and live in a community where the majority speak with the same strong accent, what about them? Are you just going to stick with the very unChristian "It's not my problem" attitude?

Apparently a lot of people are fed up with the language barrier thing.

And they are allowed to do business elsewhere, as are you. They are NOT allowed to make laws requiring that all businesses cater to their interests.

Guest Anonymous

To be perfectly honest, yes. There are people in this country who need help just as badly as any immigrant, and that should be our first priority. But, I guess your ok letting fellow Americans suffer while our tax dollars continually go overseas so that we can help the reset of the world or to help immigrants? Call it un-Christ like if you want. I call it facing facts.

To be perfectly honest, yes. There are people in this country who need help just as badly as any immigrant, and that should be our first priority. But, I guess your ok letting fellow Americans suffer while our tax dollars continually go overseas so that we can help the reset of the world or to help immigrants? Call it un-Christ like if you want. I call it facing facts.

Many people need help all the time. People here, immigrants coming here, some of which are refugees from dangerous places, people in other countries, especially after a natural disaster, yes we help them. Right now we are in financial trouble as a country. Part of that is the war as wars are very expensive. Immigrants are still Americans or trying to be Americans for the most part. Immigrant or not, many need help and jobs. In a Capitalist society, 3% of the population has to be unemployed at all times. Everyone won't have a job for such a society to function.

Some immigrants are actually Americans. But I guess they don't really count because they're not native born Americans.

Guest Anonymous

Leviticus 19:34.

"The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God."

As for the unanswered questions, I probably overlooked them because thy got lost in all of the craziness.

I repeated this (in essence) in three separate posts.

If you aren't trolling, and you don't consider yourself a member of this forum, then what are you getting out of being here? Why do you continue to post in multiple threads as if you were a member of this forum?

If you aren't trolling, and you don't consider yourself a member of this forum, then what are you getting out of being here? Why do you continue to post in multiple threads as if you were a member of this forum?

250px-64000dollarquestion_logo.jpg

Why does it have to be either/or? I can help native born Americans at the same time I show compassion towards Americans who immigrated here and whose accent is sometimes hard to understand. Showing compassion and patience isn't going to stop you from also helping native born Americans with accents you can understand.

I just got off the phone with the insurance company and I had several times I had to aks the person to repeat what they said, me not getting frustrated at this person or not demanding that they go learn to speak better isn't taking any tax dollars.

But, I guess your ok letting fellow Americans suffer while our tax dollars continually go overseas so that we can help the reset of the world or to help immigrants?

Foreign aid is such a small part of the national budget it hardly bears mentioning, only about 25 cents per person per day. Illegal immigrants get only a small portion of our budget as well.

Our budget could probably stand to be severely restructured, but that's not what I'd cut.

And do you know WHY we give out foreign aid at all? It's not because we're just that generous. Giving out foreign aid helps our interests at home. It gives us a way to use up surplus farm production and goods without lowering the prices in the market for farmers. It helps keep other countries reasonably friendly towards us. At least, that's the reasoning. We're not doing charity out of the goodness of our national heart, we're doing it out of self-interest.

geniebelle, why don't you face some facts yourself. We are not all members of your racist, sexist little church. We don't hold your bigoted opinions, and we won't nod in agreement to your xenophobic insinuations that immigrants are less than you and should do what you want them to.

Someone else who didn't hold those opinions: Jesus, but you've already shown how little you care about what he thinks.

This is the real world. Your bigotry is getting called out. You clearly can't handle it, because everything you post just shows more and more of your ass. You aren't proving anything except how devoted you are to your narrow-minded little ways. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

And they are allowed to do business elsewhere, as are you. They are NOT allowed to make laws requiring that all businesses cater to their interests.

Actually the state of Ohio currently bans the outsourcing of jobs overseas:

http://trak.in/tags/business/2010/09/08 ... companies/

Here's some more interesting sites:

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/15 ... s+or+Loans

http://www.destinationcrm.com/Articles/ ... 79327.aspx

So if you think this is just a little enclave of bigots and racists who are upset, think again. Most of of America is fed up dealing with customer service reps who are overseas and and can barely speak English or located in American and can barely speak English. As a paying customer of an American based business, I believe I should have the right to be able to speak a customer service rep who speaks English clearly. Also notice the recordings you get when you first call a company there is almost always a recording saying "for Spanish press x" or something similar. Now tell how is it fair for a Spanish speaking customer to be able to speak with another Spanish speaking person, while a English speaking customer get's someone that makes "Peggy" from the Discover commercials look good. Oh, and lets not forget the number jobs that could potentially come back to America.

So, right about now all the racist and bigot comments sound funny and more stupid than anything I've heard or said on this thread. But if you still have a bleeding heart, go to India, the Philippines, and any other counties were an American based company has an overseas call center and fight for their cause.

Guest Anonymous
So if you think this is just a little enclave of bigots and racists who are upset, think again. Most of of America is fed up dealing with customer service reps who are overseas and and can barely speak English or located in American and can barely speak English. As a paying customer of an American based business, I believe I should have the right to be able to speak a customer service rep who speaks English clearly. Also notice the recordings you get when you first call a company there is almost always a recording saying "for Spanish press x" or something similar. Now tell how is it fair for a Spanish speaking customer to be able to speak with another Spanish speaking person, while a English speaking customer get's someone that makes "Peggy" from the Discover commercials look good. Oh, and lets not forget the number jobs that could potentially come back to America.

So, right about now all the racist and bigot comments sound funny and more stupid than anything I've heard on this thread. But if you still have a bleeding heart, go to Inida, the Philippines, and any other country were an American based company has an overseas

call center and fight for their cause.

This thread has fuck all to do with outsourcing. You're moving the goalposts.

Actually the state of Ohio currently bans the outsourcing of jobs overseas:

http://trak.in/tags/business/2010/09/08 ... companies/

Here's some more interesting sites:

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/15 ... s+or+Loans

http://www.destinationcrm.com/Articles/ ... 79327.aspx

So, right about now all the racist and bigot comments sound funny and more stupid than anything I've heard on this thread. But if you still have a bleeding heart, go to Inida, the Philippines, and any other country were an American based company has an overseas

call center and fight for their cause.

The reason some people are upset about overseas is the lack of jobs here. You want those jobs back? Like how I have to speak to someone from India when I've fixed my computer? Educate people to be able to do those jobs. We fail in teaching math and science to our children in schools. There aren't enough people here who can do those jobs.

What did anyone say that was racist and bigoted besides you? I'd love to know.

Guest Anonymous

She's just trolling for attention. She's flounced goodness knows how many times, but comes back every time the conversation moves on its merry way without her. She'll always have a ridiculous response to whatever is said, because it's the only way she can keep the spotlight on herself in a forum where she has so little of real value to contribute. :roll:

What the fuck does outsourcing have to do with geniebelle's bigoted contempt for people who aren't white and American (NB: not Native American, I'm sure she looks down on them too)?

Answers on a postcard please. :roll:

I have only used my medical condition as an excuse for the shit stirring troll, accusing FJ of being worse than fundies, and for the the typo that made that somehow got associated with a couple of posts on vibrators (which was very funny). Other than that I have only mentioned my condition in a silly manner:

Mentioned I had Meniere's Disease in the introduce yourself thread

Saying a I was jealous of all the snack food in the Bates' pantry because I'm on a strick low sodium diet.

Saying I need to pop a Valium before I read Michelle Duggars notes on 7 needs of a wife

Saying I am unable to fly or travel a lot due to my condition (not a silly remark but not an excuse for anything said)

Saying I have problems hearing after ear surgery

Other than what I listed above please point out where I have used my medical condition as an excuse for anything. I also don't need a history lesson. I am well aware that huge part of the SW belonged to Mexico, I also know that the descendants of the original inhabitants speak English. Again, beating a dead horse and going in circles.

As for the unanswered questions, I probably overlooked them because thy got lost in all of the craziness. Other than what is stated above, I do not make any excuses for nor will I apologize any further for my opinions and statements on this thread. You have your opinion and I have mine, and debating this further is pointless as is the name calling. Although, I have to say lying weasel is the funniest I have heard so far. :lol:

Ménières sucks, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I know, my Mom has it, sadly... :cry:

I don't understand why she thinks showing patience and compassion towards people who are most likely working on perfecting their English, but at the moment may not be perfectly clear takes tax money away from helping Americans who do speak in an accent she understands.

The lady I talked to today was nice, even if I had to ask her to repeat a couple of words. What good would it have done to get upset about it? And it isnt' stopping me from helping out other people in need.

You want those jobs back? Like how I have to speak to someone from India when I've fixed my computer? Educate people to be able to do those jobs. We fail in teaching math and science to our children in schools. There aren't enough people here who can do those jobs.

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. You don't need much education to work in a factory, after all, and those jobs are leaving too. Why? Because we have some basic protections for workers and laws about how much you have to pay them, and laws about the sort of damage you can do to the environment. Companies, looking at the bottom line, often find it cheaper to work overseas.

It'd be better to have those laws internationally, or to insist that anybody doing business in the US follow those laws no matter WHERE you place your business, if you ask me.

Guest Anonymous
The reason some people are upset about overseas is the lack of jobs here. You want those jobs back? Like how I have to speak to someone from India when I've fixed my computer? Educate people to be able to do those jobs. We fail in teaching math and science to our children in schools. There aren't enough people here who can do those jobs.

Sweetie, I hate to break the news to you, providing tech support over the phone ain't rocket science, and the person you speak with on the phone isn't a computer wiz. I use to work for a call center years ago. Trust me, for every possible problem you have, there are guidelines on how how to fix it, and none of them require a college degree...only a week or 2 of on the job training. If it can't be fixed, well, guess what? Something needs to be replaced or an on-site technician needs to come to your home and fix it.

Your average call center can have as few as a dozen reps or as as many as 300+. Considering the number of companies that have call centers, that a rough average of a 3 million jobs, and the last time I checked the American unemployment rate wasn't zero.

Guest Anonymous

geniebelle - for the sixth time now:

Guest Anonymous
What the fuck does outsourcing have to do with geniebelle's bigoted contempt for people who aren't white and American (NB: not Native American, I'm sure she looks down on them too)?

Answers on a postcard please. :roll:

I guess you forgot the threads where I mentioned having non-white and bi-racial friends and family. Oh wait, I forgot I'm a liar, and anyone who says things like really is a racist bigot As for the outsourcing, most of it is overseas, and a vast majority of Americans are fed up because they can't understand the person trying to help them with their bill or provide tech support.they're talking to. Why don't you do a Google search and you'll see what I mean. Oh, buy the way, I have 2 Native American ancestors...1 Cherokee and 1 Chickasaw.

And you still not getting the message, this isn't about race it's about languages those are 2 totally different things.. Not once have I ever said I hated an racial or ethnic or made a slur.

Well....lookie what I found:

http://www.businessweek.com/managing/co ... 836850.htm

What's stated in this article can also be applied to non-outsourced jobs where there is a language barrier. Apparently a lot of people are fed up with the language barrier thing. I can't wait to see how this one gets ripped to shreds.

If a big company is hiring people specifically to do customer service, I agree that they should choose people who communicate well with their target audience (and that's more than simply having a native accent). Big businesses outsource customer service to save a cheap buck and that's it. They don't care about the customer, until the customers actually start to prefer a competitor (but of course all the big businesses do the same thing, so good luck with that).

HOWEVER!!! Small businesses (such as sandwich shops and groceries) don't have employees hired specifically to do customer service. The people who work there occasionally mind the register.

As such, it's really apples and oranges.

This is in addition to the fact already mentioned multiple times in the thread that just because a business is located in the US, very much does NOT mean that business is aimed at English speakers. Often it's far more important to them that the guy behind the counter can speak the "other" language of the shop's clientele, because that's the market they're aiming at. If all the monolingual English speakers who shop at the grocery I go to quit coming by, the store wouldn't take much of a hit. It's mostly only a few anime fans coming there for "cool" junk food who can't speak any of the other languages (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) used at the shop. Hence they don't bother with English signs, because those people recognize the junk food packages and they're not really interested in the vegetables.

Archived