IGNORED

Would you call these women Feminists?

Freeman

:shock: :x

How could they see that as funny! :evil: :x

Isn't this what Feminists are today?

I may be a newbie here but I still don't understand Feminism. All they seem to do is laugh at a guy who had his dick cut off. WTF?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh!!! that was very cold of them.

Personally I think those women are just extreme and callous that a man had his penis sliced off because they take their version of feminism to a whole new level. But generally, feminism is not that entirely wicked.

I still don't understand Feminism

That's for damn sure.

Do any of those women even claim to be feminists? Woman =/= feminist AND feminist =/= misandrist.

Whoever put up that video is just...charming. It says at the end, "How can you expect men to care about RAPE and wage gaps and women's cancers [etc.] when women don't care about this?" I'd be appalled if it weren't so incredibly inane and ridiculous.

The women on the show were NOT funny...except for the redhead British one; she was great.

That's for damn sure.

Do any of those women even claim to be feminists? Woman =/= feminist AND feminist =/= misandrist.

Valsa: :greetings-clapyellow:

Freeman: No. That's not what feminism is. But let's think of it this way - how often do men perpetrate violence against women? How often do they use their physical size, race, class, and gender to assert their power over women?

Now, how often do women do likewise? What tools do women have to assert power in a similar fashion? They laugh. That's all they can do. (Ok, they can drug men and cut their dicks off, but that's a bit extreme for most of us. ;) )

Laughing at mutilation? No, not very classy at all. I can't help but think that that must have been a very desperate woman to go to such extreme lengths. I don't agree with the act, or laughing about it though.

Men laugh at "silly little women" all the time, including laughing at the violence and power asserted over women (ie. rape jokes). But when a woman does it, it suddenly becomes "OMG what about teh Menz!" Feminism was not even mentioned in that video, and yet it is held up as an example of feminism. It's not, and I will never condone acts of violence against anyone, but the reaction to a discussion about a single act of violence against a man - causing them to yell "The feminists are all meaaaaaaaaaan!" is classic misogyny - trying to oppress women further by isolating examples, holding it up as feminism, and then, as in that video, calling women c**ts.

Because god forbid any woman calls out men on their bullshit.

I may be a newbie here but I still don't understand Feminism. All they seem to do is laugh at a guy who had his dick cut off. WTF?

I don't click on links unless I'm sure of the source, so don't know exactly what the point of your post is, but feminism is not really a hard concept. Make a note:

FeminismDefinition.jpg

My own husband and son roll their eyes at me when I pitch a fit over the rape comments they make in relation to the video games they play. This does not justify what these women were joking about but the phrase 'pot calling the kettle black' comes to mind.

My own husband and son roll their eyes at me when I pitch a fit over the rape comments they make in relation to the video games they play. This does not justify what these women were joking about but the phrase 'pot calling the kettle black' comes to mind.

I don't think men realize the extent to which women are scared of rape, the steps we take every single day to watch our back. They don't ever think about it because they go through life feeling relatively safe. I have watch what I drink, what I wear, what time I walk outside, where I go and whether I go alone, what I say and how I say it.

And at the end of the day it would probably still be "my fault."

Wow, there have been so many trolls lately that I am actually sick of nail polish discussions! I suggest more business cat memes for this thread, just to spice things up. Other cat pics are welcome too. But why did a whole bunch of them come out of the woodwork at around the same time?

Guest Anonymous
Wow, there have been so many trolls lately that I am actually sick of nail polish discussions! I suggest more business cat memes for this thread, just to spice things up. Other cat pics are welcome too. But why did a whole bunch of them come out of the woodwork at around the same time?

Assuming you mean the trolls and not the cat pics, I think a lot of trolls came over here after the TLC Duggar forum closed, thinking we were a general Duggar thread, rather than a general snark forum.

well I can tell you watching at youtube videos is not going to make you know more about Feminisms. Try something a little less random, and you might just learn something from it.

I think the original poster is a troll AND I don't think the video is funny. Violence against either gender isn't the answer; it's the manifestation of anger and it's abusive. (Duh!) The anger shown by the maker of the video (the message at the end) is just the same as the women's laughter.

I'm sorry, but you guys are all wrong. The only way to tell a real feminist apart from your average Joe is if she's wearing one of these:

[attachment=0]il_570xN.230009614.jpg[/attachment]

Thank you, Regretsy. Carry on.

I don't think men realize the extent to which women are scared of rape, the steps we take every single day to watch our back. They don't ever think about it because they go through life feeling relatively safe. I have watch what I drink, what I wear, what time I walk outside, where I go and whether I go alone, what I say and how I say it.

Your experience sounds horrible. I'm female, but I have to say that I never think about rape. Maybe it depends on where someone lives, or their past experiences, but I generally feel very safe in my daily life.

Rape jokes are certainly abhorrent, though. There should be zero tolerance for that sort of thing.

Your experience sounds horrible. I'm female, but I have to say that I never think about rape. Maybe it depends on where someone lives, or their past experiences, but I generally feel very safe in my daily life.

Rape jokes are certainly abhorrent, though. There should be zero tolerance for that sort of thing.

I live in a bland suburb and have never personally experienced rape or abuse, but I still think about it. Maybe some of us are more scared, true, due to personality differences or other factors. I don't think about it 100% of the time, but I certainly think about it when I travel alone and when I drive or walk at night or when I used to go out to bars with friends. I was taught to be mindful of those things in order to protect myself.

Archived