IGNORED

Would you call these women Feminists?

Freeman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People tell me that feminism is not necessary in a country like my own.

Tell them we can silk screen that on the tee shirts we wear under our frumpers when the American Taliban takes control.

And OP is banned...

Finleeport really needs to learn to hide his/her socks better.

WTF? Maybe Finleeport is on ignore by so many it was the only way to get anyone to open that thread. Silly.

:lol: How bizarre to create a sock when you already have nearly 700 not-entirely-mainstream posts to your name...

ETA: :P And also, how cringe-makingly sad was her/his first effort at responding to her/his own sock post on the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6889&p=176741#p176741

:shock: talk about weird...

To be fair regarding the male social worker preference comment. In this area there would be a definite preference for a male social worker in hiring decisions. Not because males in general are preferred, but because there are very few male social workers, and it is a big advantage to be able to have males as well as females available for clients.

If I were hiring for a position and if two candidates were equally qualified for the job the deciding factor might come down to a gender preference in order to have a male staff member to work with our clients, instead of all females . We are supposed to have staff that represent our clientele to a reasonable degree as far as ethnicity and gender.

I don't think this needs to apply to all occupations, but social workers talk to people about very personal matters and often people will express a preference for speaking to someone of the same gender if possible.

And OP is banned...

So much for his "I have Asperger's and don't know what I'm saying" defense. What a tool.

And OP is banned...

Figures. I thought there was something weird about his post (under his own name) in the thread

But generally, feminism is not that entirely wicked.

Moron. Feminism isn't "wicked" at all, misandry is what's wicked. Sometimes they overlap, but that still doesn't make feminism bad.

I didn't watch the whole video in the OP but I wasn't happy with what I saw. The sniff test I employ is- if this were the other gender, how would I feel about it? If a woman filed for divorce and her angry husband cut her breasts off, then threw them down the garbage disposal, with a group of men making jokes about it afterward- how would I feel about it? I'd think it was a bunch of bullshit. And it would be. So is doing the same thing with a man. However, what Finleeport fails to grasp is that just because you have a vagina, you don't automatically get counted as a feminist. And trying to force an association between feminists and assholes who happen to be female just points to your own sexism.

Guest Anonymous
:shock: :x

How could they see that as funny! :evil: :x

Isn't this what Feminists are today?

I may be a newbie here but I still don't understand Feminism. All they seem to do is laugh at a guy who had his dick cut off. WTF?

So much for his "I'm a feminist so I'm not sexist" and his "I'm tryyyyying, but you girls are so mean to me!" act, indeed. The sockpuppet says what the sockmaster really thinks. What a coward.

And thank you Alecto for being on point. :clap:

**ETA: After I submitted I decided my last sentence sounded weird. I'm amending it to: Thank you Alecto for evicting the troll from the dungeon! (I like that better.)

So much for his "I have Asperger's and don't know what I'm saying" defense. What a tool.

well now that you say it, it kind of fits with Asperger or a case that I suspect. Does not mean it's justified, but it makes more sense, weirdly.

Well, considering that I'm still not convinced that his actual username is not a great big troll, I'm not surprised. How pathetic. :roll:

I become, frankly, resentful (warning, bitter feminist!), that I can't feel relaxed and let my thoughts wander if I'm out at night in an unpopulated area.

And (this part is strange) it makes me angry that some person might look at the combination of sex characteristics they see in me and conclude 'victim', but not do so for another person. It's just so bizarre to me. I realise that's strange. What, I'd be less angry if everyone was attacked indiscriminately? But, yeah, actually, I think I sort of would be. It just proves to me that it's all social bullshit - 'hmm, which situation is most exploitable? which attack will be most sanctioned?' rather than anything to do with lusting beasts who simply can't control themselves.

Archived