IGNORED

Principal Slut Shames Pregnant 8th Grader

Alecto

Ya know, seeing a teen mom STRUGGLE just might be a deterrent to other students. This school seems to be thinking that preventing other kids from seeing how hard it is will protect them. That's wrong. If anything, seeing her struggle and not get to go out with her friends because she's taking care of a baby may make more of them want to wait instead of thinking a baby means playtime and fun all the time. They are protecting no one and are doing a great disservice to a pregnant girl who wants to stay in school. They should be encouraging her to continue her education.

That principal needs to be fired and possibly fined. There must be laws she was breaking. She should be forced to stand in front of the school and admit her mistake and publicly apologize, and it should be up to that girl if she accepts the apology.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flabber-fucking-gasted! I had no idea y'all still had native schools teh US. This is absolutely repulsive. On a similar note. I remember a friend of mine telling me about a similar incident that happened at a (undisclosed) private school just outside Toronto. Christian school - girl was kicked out of the school for getting pregnant (she was 14). The father, naraturally, was not reprimanded for his part in the conception. I don't know what came of it, if it went to court or not. It's clearly illegal for them to discriminate against this girls in this situation. It MUST BE!

:character-count: Yeah I coudln't find the barf emot, but I love the Count sooo...had to add it...totally OT...ah.ah.ah.ah.ah.ah.

I really like that one of the high schools in my area has a high school PARENT program, so both the moms and the dads get resources and parenting classes and daycare.

Archived