IGNORED

Stacy McDonald criticizes girls' eyes

MamaJunebug

"What do your eyes say?"

yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2012/02/what-do-your-eyes-say/

"Nice Christian girls" should not put flirty photos of themselves on teh interwebz.

I hope that Stacy notices - and notices sooner than later - that of the 6 harlots [my sarcastic term] pictured, fully 5 have inclined their heads -- just as Mrs. McDonald herself does in her blog portrait!!!

Really, woman!!!! Were you a truly nice Christian lady [more sarcasm] you would hold your head erect in your portrait, like good Christian men [sarcasm ankle-deep] do in their portraits!!!!!

I wonder what Stacy McDonald has to say about the burkas that cover the face and leave only a heavy mesh for the wearer's vision. She'd probably like 'em.

Edited to remove active link.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Just when I think I have heard everything fundies have to say about how women should look, act, and dress shit like this comes along!

Really, woman!!!! Were you a truly nice Christian lady [more sarcasm] you would hold your head erect in your portrait

But would that not be an example of an 'outstretched neck'? :roll:

Oh geez. Yes, everyone pleased be shamefaced because you're women and deserve it. WTF. And like the OP said, she's got the same tilted head as the women she's talking about, only her expression is . . . awkward at best. That hand up on her shoulder . . . like she's massaging herself. Harlot!

Why, why, why do these fundie women continue so shove themselves further down? They just fling themselves under mens' feet and get pissed if everyone else doesn't do that same. I have NO REASON to be bashful of anything, bitch.

Personally, I don't see the Bible as a book to follow, but I definitely wouldn't listen to Timothy. Modest, bashful? and sober? Ugh.

What is so bad with flirting a little? How else would a guy know you've taken an interest? May just score a date. Oh, wait...theses girls want older family to do that job for them. Can't have them snagging anyone. Why should a woman look ashamed? WOuldn't that be a turn-off? To look really shy and quilty of something? It would me. I like my eyes. The one part of my body I actually like and yes, I do sometimes shamelessly flirt with them. It doesn't make me a harlot. What a terrible and judgmental view of women and their intentions, Stacy. My dad used to say to look at ourselves because everytime we point a finger, at least three more are pointing back at us. In other words, before you judge someone else or challenge them on their behaviour, you ought to look at your own first.

I still think Stacy is just really scared of getting older and losing her looks. Between her posts about how young adult girls shouldn't look and dress like, well, young adult girls, and all those natural anti-aging beauty products she peddles on her blog, methinks Stacy has a bit of a self-esteem issue. I wonder what she thinks about women closer to her age that still strut their stuff (Helen Mirren, anyone?)?

Personally, I don't see the Bible as a book to follow, but I definitely wouldn't listen to Timothy. Modest, bashful? and sober? Ugh.

What is so bad with flirting a little? How else would a guy know you've taken an interest? May just score a date. Oh, wait...theses girls want older family to do that job for them. Can't have them snagging anyone. Why should a woman look ashamed? WOuldn't that be a turn-off? To look really shy and quilty of something? It would me. I like my eyes. The one part of my body I actually like and yes, I do sometimes shamelessly flirt with them. It doesn't make me a harlot. What a terrible and judgmental view of women and their intentions, Stacy. My dad used to say to look at ourselves because everytime we point a finger, at least three more are pointing back at us. In other words, before you judge someone else or challenge them on their behaviour, you ought to look at your own first.

In patriarchal circles being female is a shameful thing. They want women to be covered up, quiet, and sheltered. As close to not existing as possible. Very sad for the girls who grow up in this movement.

Since women are so defrauding, maybe Stacy should be pushing the burqa. You know, starting with herself as a godly example.

I'd like to see Stacy just shut up. I mean, aren't these women supposed to be meek and quiet according to their holy book? The fundie mommy bloggers are some of the most obnoxiously outspoken people I know of.

Stacy's really on a roll these days - first, a three-part series about The One Right Way To Think About Sex (entitled "Stained Sheets," no less); now, a post about women who have "impudent faces." Mercy, mercy, mercy, the horror!

Something has put a big fat bee into the old girl's bonnet. I wonder what's going on between her and hubs these days, that could inspire such a spate of finger wagging and pearl-clutching??

I've left her a comment that she sure as hell wont publish!

I certainly can see where you're coming from; eyes can say a lot. From flirtatious to demure. Couple that with how you smile and how you hold your head - generally tilted to one side (how those women in the photos are pictured), can say a lot without you actually speaking.

But, now I take a look at your photo Stacy and those pictures aren't that different from yours. Take a close look, you have your head tilted to one side, your hand placed delicately on your shoulder; that could be construed as a seductive pose.

I know you probably wont publish my comment, but seriously, take a look at your photo. Then think deeply about your post. Seduction might not have been your intent, but it's right there in your pose. Maybe it might be time to change that picture, especially if it is giving the wrong message.

If I was a young woman reading Stacey's work, I would be so discouraged. Even an accidental look or the way that a woman holds her head can be judged as inapproriate. However, not being pretty and feminine is also deemed wrong. Young women can't win.

She published it! AND responded!

"Stacy McDonald says:

Monday, February 13, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Hi Sola –

My husband chose that photo as my profile pic when I started this blog, and personally I can’t imagine how anyone could get “seduction†from it. However, since it seems to have communicated something different to you, I will ask a few godly women I know and get their opinion. Either way, it’s probably time to change the photo, since it was taken about 10 years ago! LOL!!! Thanks for your input."

She published it! AND responded!

"Stacy McDonald says:

Monday, February 13, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Hi Sola –

My husband chose that photo as my profile pic when I started this blog, and personally I can’t imagine how anyone could get “seduction†from it. However, since it seems to have communicated something different to you, I will ask a few godly women I know and get their opinion. Either way, it’s probably time to change the photo, since it was taken about 10 years ago! LOL!!! Thanks for your input."

Awesome! A headship approved pic :D Sure looks like it could be construed as seductive to me...something about the tilt of her head. What's that they say about removing the plank from your own eye Stacy? :whistle:

On a side note, this reminds me of the fundie parents that complain that though their children are doing everything they are supposed to be doing, they're doing it with the wrong "spirit". These women are dressing modestly according to Stacy's standards, so she decides that their eyes are somehow immodest. Sunglasses for everyone! 8-) :roll:

Betcha anything this has something to do with her husband.

Sunglasses for everyone!

Even for the dogs! Can't have the family pet giving anyone come hither looks. Isn't that right Marcus Bachmann?

It's so interesting to me that it has to be decided by caucus. She can't just say, "Well, this is my opinion and here is how I arrived at this conclusion." No, she has to consult some godly women to tell her what she should think.

On a side note, this reminds me of the fundie parents that complain that though their children are doing everything they are supposed to be doing, they're doing it with the wrong "spirit". These women are dressing modestly according to Stacy's standards, so she decides that their eyes are somehow immodest.

THIS. In Stacy's world, a female couldn't win if she surgically removed her own eyes, then had herself cryonically frozen in the name of purity. Stacy sees evil everywhere.

One of the models on her website is acting at least as seductively as the pictures she showcased.

denimskirt-199x300.jpg

Never thought I'd be defrauded by a floor length denim skirt. :lol:

Mel's bells!! -- look at that come-hither glance on the photo of Stacy's own daughter, illustrating the ad for the "birthin' bundle" of oils or herbs or whatever it is Stacy sells. Talk about flirty...

She published yours but not mine that was very similar. So now I left this:"I have to agree with Sola, I just don’t see a difference between your pose and the examples you show. I don’t know Sola but how do you know she isn’t a godly woman?"

Archived