IGNORED

Its Mary the Bible Lady!

Witsec7

experiencedd,

Did you ever know that you're my hero, and everything I would like to be? I can fly higher than an eagle, 'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Also I'm proud of you. You have won points, coins and a new object.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
experiencedd,

Did you ever know that you're my hero, and everything I would like to be? I can fly higher than an eagle, 'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

She won the internetz today too! And a Ronco juicer.

experiencedd,

Me too. Don't forget to do your devotions.

Oh and whoever knocks on doors at 9:30 on a weekend morning deserves to be given cat crap, proselytizing or not. That is not polite.

Me too. Don't forget to do your devotions.

Oh and whoever knocks on doors at 9:30 on a weekend morning deserves to be given cat crap, proselytizing or not. That is not polite.

Even without the signs, I wouldn't have thought emmie's reaction was harsh. It is harsh to show up on a stranger's doorstep to tell them that they are living their lives incorrectly and that you, who have never met them before, know the answers to all the problems that you are assuming that they have. Giving them a bag of cat poop seems like a pretty light declaration of annoyance to me.

It doesn't matter how well meaning or nice evangelists are, approaching strangers-especially at their homes-is rude.

I have had to put up a sign that specifically states, no evangelism.

Point of clarification:

My use of walla vs voila is a snark on a fundy who used the phonetic spelling of the word. Can't remember who it was though.

OK. I'm happy as long as we've raised awareness of the issue. :twisted:

Even without the signs, I wouldn't have thought emmie's reaction was harsh. It is harsh to show up on a stranger's doorstep to tell them that they are living their lives incorrectly and that you, who have never met them before, know the answers to all the problems that you are assuming that they have. Giving them a bag of cat poop seems like a pretty light declaration of annoyance to me.

It doesn't matter how well meaning or nice evangelists are, approaching strangers-especially at their homes-is rude.

I have had to put up a sign that specifically states, no evangelism.

This, oh so much.

I'm more bothered by the appearance of "walla" in your OP. Don't do that again.

I thought it identified the OP as a hardcore Death Cab for Cutie fan, or at least someone for whom Chris Walla is a demi-god.

Archived