IGNORED

Even weddings can't be enjoyed...

emeraldskull

Whoa, that lady needs to calm down. I'm not a big unity candle fan myself, but I think my as yet non-existent husband and I will do something involving food, possibly Olive Garden breadsticks (aka the best food), to symbolize unity. Really, the goal of my wedding will be to do as many ridiculous things as possible in order to amuse some people and offend others.

I'm pretty sure it was the mom, using third person description of herself...

Then that is just as bad. I hate it when people talk in the 3rd person, makes them sound dumber than they are.

I actually did go to a wedding where they brought dirt from each of their home states. It was actually a very nice touch. The two states they were from have very distinct types of soil so it worked very well.

Then that is just as bad. I hate it when people talk in the 3rd person, makes them sound dumber than they are.

I agree. Why not just say "Me, I, etc"??

I actually did go to a wedding where they brought dirt from each of their home states. It was actually a very nice touch. The two states they were from have very distinct types of soil so it worked very well.

That sounds pretty neat Inkygirl! My cousin did colored sand, white and purple.. that was pretty neat!

Oh God, I just read the birth story. That was fucking crazy! So, I know they had sex early in the morning, but does "serving Papa" mean sexy times, too? :-|

Confession time. When my husband and I got married we did the unity candle thing but it was a little different. The minster told a little story while all the candle lighting was going on but I forgot most of it. Anyway... first my husband's mother came up and lit a candle that represented my husband and then my mother did the same for me. They used candles that had our parents and our grandparents names written on them to symbolise our family past. Then we took our candles and lit the unity candle with them and kept all candles lit to show that our history was just as important to who we were as our future is. Next our fathers brought up our 3 sons* and had each son lit a candle off to symbolise not only our future but a future for our children.( our baby was 5 months old, so he had a lot of help and didn't get to hold his candle at all to light it**) We thought it was a nice idea when the minister told us about it and everyone there seemed to really like it.

This was way back in the early 90's so the sand thing was unheard of in my neck of the woods.

*Remember I was married before and our 2 oldest sons came from that marriage but my husband adpoted them shortly after.

** No sons were allowed to hold onto the candles after lighting them and the candles were given to the minister to put up on the alter.

She would have HATED my wedding! Well, first of all, I'm Catholic, so there's that. Second, I'm Byzantine Catholic, and in our tradition, no one gives anyone away, the bride and groom are met at the back of the church by the priest and led down the aisle together, to symbolize that THEY are going into this union together of their own free will.

Word McWord. I was married in a Roman Catholic Mass, so, no "giving away" there, either. I wish I'd had the guts to insist on walking down the aisle to the altar with my groom, but I loved my dad, and would have died rather than hurt his feelings.

omg. a breadstick ceremony. LOVES IT.

eta: we eloped. while we did actually have a license and all that, i'm afraid to say that she probably would have approved of my "wedding". well, except for the sleeveless, clingy bias cut jersey dress.

See? Joyless hag.

That is extremely un-Christian actually. Scriptures say that joy is one of the "fruits" that Christians should display.

She probably thinks wedding ceremonies are lies because she assumes that most people have slept together already. Which is true for most typical people. So what? Yes, the bride walks down the aisle in white which is supposed to signify virginity, and that's not always (often?) the case. So is that the "truthtelling" is she talking about? Maybe the groom should turn to the congregation in the middle of vows, and say, "Hey, you know what? I nailed her after our second date, just in case you were wondering" ? :D

I should probably not even start in on her "unity candle" opinion. . .

Hehe...my sister got married this past weekend. She and her (now) husband walked down to the altar together (*gasp* no transfer of authority here) with their almost one year old daughter holding her dad's hand. Yeah he nailed her before the wedding *snicker*. Also they were married by a female priest (no unity candle though). This nutter would have died from the twisted knickers.

Did you read her birth story??

http://subjectbydesign.blogspot.com/201 ... birth.html :o :o

This is the reason "Mommy" gives for including her two young children in "Mommy's" birthing:

Mommy just read Spiritual Midwifery and was intrigued by the idea that the laboring woman should be “giving some†to those around her, and that she would “get†in return. Just like in the Bible where Jesus says “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.†Luke 6:38

OK, so pressed, shaken, and running over the bosom. Sounds more like a description of oral sex than a reason for children to view birth

This is the reason "Mommy" gives for including her two young children in "Mommy's" birthing:

Mommy just read Spiritual Midwifery and was intrigued by the idea that the laboring woman should be “giving some†to those around her, and that she would “get†in return. Just like in the Bible where Jesus says “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.†Luke 6:38

OK, so pressed, shaken, and running over the bosom. Sounds more like a description of oral sex than a reason for children to view birth

It is. Read the next paragraph:

Just like in the Bible where Jesus says “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.†Luke 6:38

So Mommy tried to focus on Papa during the labor. During the nap, she “gave†to him. He “gave†in return – a nice oral dose of prostaglandins. Mom had 3 contractions while she served Papa. They went back to sleep. Mom could use nipple stimulation to bring on a strong contraction, but they wouldn’t keep going without more stimulation.

Congugal relations. Coitus. Sexual intercourse. You know what I mean. But why do we call it the "marital act" or "marital relations"? For two reasons, I believe. The first is that it is an act which is designed to take place within the bonds of marriage. But second, and more important, is that it is the very act which makes a man and a woman "married".

And here I thought I was only married once, to one person. By this thinking, I have been married to about 15 men since the age of 16. And since I've only had one divorce I am also a bigamist.

yuck... never gave birth, but I can't imagine do anything sexual during labord, I would just want my husband to hold my hand and be there for me

I had a unity candle. I think it's a nice symbolic thing.

Good grief! I just read this woman's blog. I was shaking my head when reading about her ideas about marriage and jewelry and by the time I got to her labour story the head shaking had progressed to vomiting a little in my mouth. Why would any woman in her right mind want to live the way she does?

My husband didn't like earrings either, when I was getting into jewelry...I would wear them anyway, going out of my way to get awesome-looking things. Now he loves jewelry and actually takes an interest in buying it for me. These fundies have got marriage all backwards!

And here I thought I was only married once, to one person. By this thinking, I have been married to about 15 men since the age of 16. And since I've only had one divorce I am also a bigamist.

Hussy! :D

Archived