IGNORED

Bates Special/Bates New Blog Post MERGED

GeoBQn

I don't know who owns TLC but I believe that the people in charge of programming know exactly what they're doing by producing these shows. They draw in not only the fans, but the snarkers as well. The editing deliberately appeals to both communities. I'm sure Sean and other execs cream over the discussions here and on other boards such a TWoP, particularly when the snarkers get outraged and antagonize the fan-bots, it's all a win-win situation for TLC.

The Duggars might be on a slipery slope outta dodge, but airing the Jubilee special will appease the devotees who want to mourn with the Duggars (gag), horrify the snarkers, and people will tune in either way to see what all the fuss is about.

Bingo.....

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo.....

Upcoming progamming:

The duggars bury their fetus!

The duggars bury their baby!

The duggars turn a funeral for their fetus/baby into a sideshow!!!

the duggars have adventures you wish your kids had!

the duggars dont go to work and support santorum for months!

Yup... definitely progamming to a wide audience. Game. Set. Match.

Duggar and Bates' smackdown!

I am curious about the Bates' admiration for Confederate/KKK leaders - someone mentioned they had a photo of a key player on their wall - someone enlighten me please!

Duggar and Bates' smackdown!

I am curious about the Bates' admiration for Confederate/KKK leaders - someone mentioned they had a photo of a key player on their wall - someone enlighten me please!

On their website, they had a shot of one of their rooms. On the wall of that room was a photo of Nathan Forrest, the man who started the KKK. When people pointed out who he was, they took him down without explanation.

On their website, they had a shot of one of their rooms. On the wall of that room was a photo of Nathan Forrest, the man who started the KKK. When people pointed out who he was, they took him down without explanation.

To add to that, the photo was hanging in their "Patriot Room." When FJers started commenting asking about it, they didn't approve any of the negative comments. They only let through comments about how awesome the house renovations looked. They removed the picture of that photograph in the room, but I don't believe for a second that they removed it from their house.

(Kelly Bates has given birth more times than Michelle Duggar.)

*snicker* I bet this just grinds Michelle up. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

TBH....the pictures that the Bateses are pretty much common place where I come from. Condederate flags and the like are displayed proudly outside and inside. Some do it because they are outright racists assholes. Others do it because they think it represents "Southern Pride", and they don't get the fact that it's very offensive and represents a low point in American history. I guess you could say that makes them racists assholes as well, but I have never heard them make racists remarks or slurs. I'm not defending them, they clearly are racists and offensive even if they don't realize it. God, how I wish my part of the U.S. would come out of the damn dark ages! :angry-banghead:

TBH....the pictures that the Bateses are pretty much common place where I come from. Condederate flags and the like are displayed proudly outside and inside. Some do it because they are outright racists assholes. Others do it because they think it represents "Southern Pride", and they don't get the fact that it's very offensive and represents a low point in American history. I guess you could say that makes them racists assholes as well, but I have never heard them make racists remarks or slurs. I'm not defending them, they clearly are racists and offensive even if they don't realize it. God, how I wish my part of the U.S. would come out of the damn dark ages! :angry-banghead:

THIS. Here in GA we have confederate war heroes carved into a fucking mountain. They have laser light shows everynight in the summer. Yes, I respect that this is american history and that these "sons of the confederacy" but...

http://festivals.stonemountainpark.com/ ... ummer&id=5

Guest Anonymous

Back in the late 80's or early 90's in Montgomery, AL 13 members of the AL branch of the NAACP were arrested for trying to climb the capitol building to take down the Confederate flag. The flag eventually came down, but only moved to the inside of the building.

Hospital bills and a huge tab at the NICU.

States usually cover the NICU for families. So they probably aren't having to pay bills, yet would argue against this being a form of welfare.

States usually cover the NICU for families. So they probably aren't having to pay bills, yet would argue against this being a form of welfare.

The NICU automatically being paid(by mediciad/medicare) for is usually for babies born at a birth weight of under 2.2 lbs. Jeb was clearly larger then this. The one week stay jeb had in the NUCU would run around 15k. I'm sure given thier income the Bates would qualify for state maternity medcaid coverage but they would not take this because of welfare. Instead they will use Gil's loophole. They will sit down with the billing office and pay "their share" based on income and the rest will be written off.

It is sad that I dislike the Bates more than I dislike the Duggars. This is because they use their son's income to support themselves, the Nathan Forest picture and if Erin really has a musical talent, it will never be developed correctly.

It is sad that I dislike the Bates more than I dislike the Duggars. This is because they use their son's income to support themselves, the Nathan Forest picture and if Erin really has a musical talent, it will never be developed correctly.

I dislike the Bateses even more than the Duggars. Gil and Kelly have attended college. I'm assuming Gil made a decent income at Nabisco? Yet, they deny their children the right to a quality education and a successful career.

Guest Anonymous

I dislike all of these fundie parents. Most of them got to have a fairly normal childhood, went to college, had real jobs (even the women), etc. But for whatever reason, they bought into what these snake-oil salesmen like Gothard preached, and are now keeping their children isolated and infantilized, especially their daughters.

The use of the son's income is really sad.

Does anyone think TLC would do a series about a Bates or Duggar kid who broke free?

They could count on about the same audience numbers, All of the current snarkers watching and cheering on, and all of the former fans tuning in for the scandal perspective.

They could count on about the same audience numbers, All of the current snarkers watching and cheering on, and all of the former fans tuning in for the scandal perspective.

I'd love it if it happened - and it would mean some financial support for the defector, especially one of the girls who are near unemployable.

I'd love it if it happened - and it would mean some financial support for the defector, especially one of the girls who are near unemployable.

Heck Yes, Support the Rebellion: Start a revolution.

I see in the latest blog update that Gil (Kelly) says it will be a 1 hour special, when someone asked if they were getting a regular series. Maybe they are just waiting to see about the ratings?

I feel bad looking at those newer pics of Jeb's first week in the NICU.

Archived