IGNORED

Bates Special/Bates New Blog Post MERGED

GeoBQn

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I'd love it if it happened - and it would mean some financial support for the defector, especially one of the girls who are near unemployable.

Me too! I hope they all break away!

I'm still feeling pretty dumb. What was wrong with the "excessive amniotic fluid" explanation? Does that generally not happen?

:? I don't know. I know it happened to my 3rd son, he aspirated amniotic fluid not meconiom but his pregnancy had excessive amniotic fluid the entire pregnancy. I don't think having way too much amnio waters causes birth issues as my youngest had the same thing but didn't aspirate. Also my 3rd was fine after a few hours and their baby seems to have been like a few of my friends babies when they aspirated meconiom which would require days of NICU care.

Please please tell me someone got a screenshot of the Nathan Bedford Forrest picture on the wall before it was taken down...

I did! It's on disk somewhere. When I got a new computer I saved a shitload of things and that was one of them. I'll try and find it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Just looked through my tv listings, and the Bates Special is on March 13 at 9pm central time!

So are they airing this instead of a 19 kids new episode? So we have space camp next week, then the Bates, then Priscillia's wedding, then VSE Jubiliee?

No it's Space Camp/rerun next week, Joy learns to drive/re-run/Bateses on the 13th, possibly Priscilla wedding/campaigning on the 20th, VSE on the 27th.

I think they took a good look at this week's ratings, and combined with the Duggars' increasing negative press, the Bateses' special was moved up since they would not be looked upon favorably in this climate, especially following the Jubilee VSE (I'm sure some members of the Bates family attended). Even an idiot would notice that the Bateses are really Duggars v2.0 and project the negative image they have from the Duggars onto the Bateses.

That's not as likely to happen after a rip-roaring retread of a Duggar kid learning to drive out on the back 40.

So is the Bates special 30 minutes now or 1 hour? I would rather see an hour of the bates then another driving episode.

Kelly commented that they were not able to go to Jubillee's service. I wonder if they are not putting the Bates after Jubilee's service because something is wrong with Jeb or even his NICU stay because people would see the last 3 pregnacies(Josie Jubilee jeb) all not being normal and question why these women continue. I think there are still people who believe that JimBob pays for 100% of all of the medical bills (including Josie's) but Gil has stated he isn't covered so maybe TLC doesn't want the blacklash.

we learn that Kelly Jo is soon going to deliver their 19th baby, and only one family member gets to know the gender ahead of time[

Kelly JO? Needs a J a j'uppose.

Also, it's SEX not GENDER.

Most of the press release:

The one-hour follows a remarkable family of 21 living a simple, back-to-basics, music-filled life in the picturesque hills of East Tennessee. Parents Gil and Kelly Jo, who have 18 kids, believe that family is the key to happiness and demonstrate that in their everyday life. As we get to know each member of the family, we learn that Kelly Jo is soon going to deliver their 19th baby, and only one family member gets to know the gender ahead of time. We ride along with Gil and his boys as they go to work for their somewhat dangerous family business- a tree removal service. We also see how Gil and Kelly Jo spend their 24th wedding anniversary...and so do the kids since they all come along. And finally, we are there with them when they deliver their precious new baby!

I guess they decided just plain Kelly wasn't hokey enough, and had to toss "Jo" in there with it. Yee-haw. That also confirms it as a one-hour special.

TLC should try this slogan:

Meet the Bates - it's like what the Duggars might have become without TLC intervention.

I thought they said they didn't want a show. I am thinking they are realizing it would be a great way to make money. The special before the show. :P Although their son does the grocery shopping isn't that typically a 'girl' job.

Kelly JO? Needs a J a j'uppose.

Also, it's SEX not GENDER.

But sex is a dirty world. If you use that world people might be defrauded :roll:

But sex is a dirty world. If you use that world people might be defrauded :roll:

Most fundies (and even some non fundies who just don't know any better) see the two words as one and the same anyway.

So will we hear why they now have 2 sons named for Confederate generals? Or is that simply a coincidence. Nathan {Bedford Forrest] and Jeb [stuart or current-day, maybe for Jeb Bush]. Or that their good friends the Neely's love the Confederate Flag http://theneelyteam [dot] com [slash] 2012/03/04 [slash] a-kendalled-konfederacy/ ?

Could Nathan be for the Biblical Nathan? I think he is some kind of prophet in the Book of Kings but I need to look it up. :think: Makes me cringe to think the kid could be named for the white sheet.

Edit to confirm: Nathan is a prophet. Called David out on the Uriah business, told him his line would be established forever and that Solomon not David would build the Temple.

Entertainment tonight has a preview of the episode up (it is on the left side of the homepage). It is Aylssa's 17th b-day. It was interesting her wish was to go deer hunting with Gil. It also seemed like Kelly is closer to her kids (or enjoys them more) then Michelle in the clip. Of course I hate the no health insurance and borrowing from Lawson but I think I'lll be watching now.

If Kelly were truly close to her kids, she wouldn't prioritize fertility treatments over feeding them. She's simply a good actor and I suspect that any touching moments are staged for the cameras.

Could Nathan be for the Biblical Nathan? I think he is some kind of prophet in the Book of Kings but I need to look it up. :think: Makes me cringe to think the kid could be named for the white sheet.

Edit to confirm: Nathan is a prophet. Called David out on the Uriah business, told him his line would be established forever and that Solomon not David would build the Temple.

I'm doing a paper on Solomon right now and intimately involved in that narrative. How ironic that Uriah volunteered to be the messenger that brought the order for David's general to send him to the front lines to be killed. That ensured that David could have Bathsheba all for himself. He was, of course, punished and admonished for his sin by Nathan.

No wonder our Uriah keeps breaking down. He's carrying messengers of death.

Archived