IGNORED

Rick Santorum question?

Frumpalicious

Just a quick question. My brother and I are talking about Rick Santorum right now.

Is this the guy who says the states should decide whether or not women can vote? Thank you!

I have never heard that one. He is the guy that says that states should be able to out law birth control services.

not sure but he thinks woman can't handle politics.

I think Santorum's staff put out a statement that God wouldn't want a woman to be President, because it goes against the Bible.

http://unicornbooty(dot)com/blog/2012/01/17/santorum-staff-explains-why-god-wont-allow-women-to-be-president/

The other thing before I forget that Living Wills should be illegal because it is God's will if someone lives or die, we should not make those decisions. On the other hand he is a hawk, loves war and supports the death penatly. Go figure.

Rick Santorum is such a forward looking guy...what's not to love? Isn't it time for him to go home? (and take Jim Bob and Josh with him) I was laughing at him, now I'm annoyed!

Just a quick question. My brother and I are talking about Rick Santorum right now.

Is this the guy who says the states should decide whether or not women can vote? Thank you!

That sounds more like something Ron Paul might say. He thinks the states should basically make all decisions and that the federal government should disappear. He was even debating Santorum over abortion the other night. Santorum wants a national law banning abortion; Paul wants the states to make their own laws regarding it.

I think Santorum's staff put out a statement that God wouldn't want a woman to be President, because it goes against the Bible.

http://unicornbooty(dot)com/blog/2012/01/17/santorum-staff-explains-why-god-wont-allow-women-to-be-president/

I haven't read that, but grr. It makes me angry to even think about it.

not sure but he thinks woman can't handle politics.

Oh damn! I guess I should just quit my MA in PoliSci/Risk Management/Security right now because I am just a dumb girl. WOE!

To be clear, that was one staffer and came from a personal e-mail. That was not meant as an official statement nor is it one of Santorum's positions. I would not be at all surprised if Santorum thought the same thing, but he has never said if he does or not.

He also says that to avoid poverty, women should marry as soon as they finish high school.

:lol:

OMG. Yes. It ALWAYS works, just like getting pregnant to save the relationship.

Any good advices? I'm allll ears!

Hmm! Someone should tell the current Presidents of Argentina, Switzerland, Brazil, Costa Rica and Kosovo that they are in violation of god's will. They should immediately give up their post as heads of state, submit to their husbands and promptly return to the kitchen where they belong!

Hmm! Someone should tell the current Presidents of Argentina, Switzerland, Brazil, Costa Rica and Kosovo that they are in violation of god's will. They should immediately give up their post as heads of state, submit to their husbands and promptly return to the kitchen where they belong!

Aargh! This. ;)

I remember from my long ago youth that it says in t'Bible that God sets the authorities in their places. Basically, God picks the President. So it follows from this that if he has picked a President with lady parts, then that's who he wanted in the post. Therefore, disrespecting her is actually opposing God's will.

I do not know what this means for anarchists, who are probably doomed anyway ;) but fundies, who claim Christianity, should look out.

Without looking it up, I know that several of those women are athiests. So is Australia's (female) Prime Minister (and she has no intention to marry her hair-dresser/partner either). This is what happens when ppl reject God's created order. We're off to hell in a handbasket. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Archived