IGNORED

Duggars weird incestuous fascination

alysee

Hm. I was a child through the seventies, when we wore very short dresses, and I did handstands and cartwheels and climbing up the swing frame and hanging upside down from the climbing frame without so much as thinking about my knickers.

I'm in the UK. I don't think we had quite so much of the little lady thing going on.

One dress I had when I was five or six was utterly fabulous, partly because it had a blue velvet ribbon sash but mainly because it had MATCHING KNICKERS OMG (though oddly enough, that one, being more partyish, wasn't quite so short. Below the knee, iirc).

As far as I remember girls didn't wear trousers much - it can't have been Really Weird, because I had a few pairs, but I remember wearing trousers to school once and feeling it was unusual - so most of my running and jumping will have been in dresses.

The only time I can think of that bothered anyone was when I was small enough to still be crawling around during the church service and my mother suddenly realised I had no knickers on (lord knows why). I'm told my older sister made the supreme sacrifice ;-)

I believe that my son's school's Nursery unit children (3-4) still do PE in their underwear. They don't have to wear uniform till the following year, partly because many of them go to a different school after nursery, so getting PE uniform at the same time makes sense.

When I was at primary school we changed for PE in the classrooms. For most of the time everyone changed in the same room but in the final year (11th birthday) the girls changed in the classroom and the boys in the cloakroom. (We all thought this made perfect sense, though how much we actually knew about sex at the time I'm not sure.)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the late reply, JFC. Yes, Brother Jon was taken to jail, photographed as Superman, and released wearing the same garb. He has prints of the mug-shots. My husband and I have seen them, although his mom and bride-to-be have not. Jon's getting married in two months. Might make a good toast, you think?

YES

That would be excellent. It needs to be on a DVD for the wedding or something (and is probably floating around on interwebz somewhere...is it the Smoking Gun which has funniest ever mugshots?) :D

Archived