IGNORED

Duggars weird incestuous fascination

alysee

For the former fundies, what were your experiences with the whole pajama thing? My parent were very strict with modesty but we were allowed to be less modest around family. That oesn't sound right but at least I was allowed to have pajamas on all floors not just the top floor. It's weird what they do right? In my experience we wore a long night gown with shorts in the summer or in the winter we had long bottoms under it. Nothing weird... At least it didn't look weird. Why are they worried about defrauding their brothers? It shouldn't even be an issue.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We weren't allowed to wear our pajamas out of our bedrooms (unless it was the middle of the night and you needed to use the washroom). My family wasn't even ATI.

Well then, I guess me, my dad, and my brothers are defrauding pervs, :lol: .

Saturday morning = underwear + t-shirt (option for the guys) + blanket + couch + bowl of cereal

Maybe around ten or so it turned onto "PUT ON SOME CLOTHES OR A BATHROBE. STOP USING THE BLANKETS. GAAAHH!!" but that was from my mom who never relaxed in her underwear with a bowl of cereal and cartoons.

I think it's creepy that there is any concern over defrauding your own siblings or parents by wearing pajamas. I think that's gross.

By about age 8, my parents did request that I not run around the house naked, but I think that was more a general social appropriateness thing.

Totally foreign concept to me. In my family, everyone changes into jammies once they are home (unless there are guests over).

Most of the time I just wore underwear and a mid-thigh-length oversized T-shirt around the house and it never seemed to be a problem. Having an issue with pajamas seems really weird and creepy to me.

As strict as my parents were, they didn't say much about sleepwear. I sweat a lot, so I usually wear as little as possible. As a kid, I remember those cotton one-piece PJs - the arms only had straps and, and the bottom part was high on the thigh. I can't find examples of what they looked like, but did find some old patterns (on ebay) that come close. I remember that they often only had straps or cap sleeves on the shoulders, and around the chest portion was usually some of that stretchy material. We changed from PJs right into uniforms, then into play clothes after school, so unless it was Saturday (Sunday was church), we spent much of Sat morning in PHJs.

ScreenShot2012-01-20at100944PM.png,ScreenShot2012-01-20at101026PM.png,ScreenShot2012-01-20at101231PM.png

I remember that my sister had one that was "Mr Peanut" and was so happy when I was big enough to fit into it. With two older sisters, I got lots of hand-me-downs!

Around 10, I moved onto wearing Nightshirts - the kind with unicorns or rainbow brite. (I hated long nightgowns; they were hot an bunched up all night). Given that I was really, really small for my age, I was wearing clothes that were a bit immature for my age. I did not wear shorts underneath, just undies. My mother never said a word, although I have a younger brother by a year and a few months.

Around 12/13, I moved onto sleeping with T-shirts. At this point, I also started to have a sense of self-awareness, and started wearing shorts when not in bed. My brother also had a best friend who was always staying over, so I felt a little weird. Add to that, that I had starting to feel ashamed of my changing body thanks to some awful things that happened in school, and I suddenly found myself wanting to cover up more - which was tough given my proclivity to sweat.

In HS, when I did a lot dancing and musicals, I had some really short and skimpy costumes, but somehow my dad managed not to put a bat to someone's head for staring. :roll: It was an opportunity to break free from the school uniforms that were required to touch the floor when kneeling (if not, you were sent home).

I think it's creepy that there is any concern over defrauding your own siblings or parents by wearing pajamas. I think that's gross.

By about age 8, my parents did request that I not run around the house naked, but I think that was more a general social appropriateness thing.

Oh... That explains why no one ever wants to come over to my house anymore...

I am in my pajamas right now defrauding...my cat. Not that she cares, she sees me naked all the time. And my pj's are not exactly glamorous anyway. Almost the first thing I do when I get home if I'm not going anywhere else is to change. I do throw on a robe if I have to answer the door. Who wants to wear a bra for a minute longer than they have to?

I am in my pajamas right now defrauding...my cat. Not that she cares, she sees me naked all the time. And my pj's are not exactly glamorous anyway. Almost the first thing I do when I get home if I'm not going anywhere else is to change. I do throw on a robe if I have to answer the door. Who wants to wear a bra for a minute longer than they have to?

Me too on all of that!

Heck half the time I get the car and unclip "the girls" free when I am on my way home! and its not unusual to find bra's strewn about in odd places from where I've taken them off and left them, lol!!!

Me too on all of that!

Heck half the time I get the car and unclip "the girls" free when I am on my way home! and its not unusual to find bra's strewn about in odd places from where I've taken them off and left them, lol!!!

Do you use the one-armed method? That always makes my hubby laugh!

I used to be able to drive down the 405 freeway in El Lay in rush hour traffic, shift and whip the girls free. A lot less distracting then texting while you drive :D

No jammies here,I lounge in sweats and big sweaters.

Although I swear to god my cats stare at me creepily when they see me naked. I think they are repulsed by the hairless monkey in the room.

Although I swear to god my cats stare at me creepily when they see me naked. I think they are repulsed by the hairless monkey in the room.

Same with my cat :?

Mine watch me while I go to the bathroom. I feel like telling them, "Hey, I don't watch you when you're in the litter box!"

I think that the Duggar girls sleep in skirts and shirts. But I wouldn't be surprised that Michelle has a drawer full of Victoria's Secret nighties.

I think that the Duggar girls sleep in skirts and shirts. But I wouldn't be surprised that Michelle has a drawer full of Victoria's Secret nighties.

Thank you for that hideous mental image. I am recovering from five days of nausea and vomiting and just moved up to eating soup today. Well, back to Gatorade for me!

Me too on all of that!

Same here, although I'm pretty good about making sure that my bras end up in the bedroom. I've even been known to unclip my bra in the parking lot at work, so the girls are free for the drive home if I'm not running errands on the way home.

For the former fundies, what were your experiences with the whole pajama thing? My parent were very strict with modesty but we were allowed to be less modest around family. That oesn't sound right but at least I was allowed to have pajamas on all floors not just the top floor. It's weird what they do right? In my experience we wore a long night gown with shorts in the summer or in the winter we had long bottoms under it. Nothing weird... At least it didn't look weird. Why are they worried about defrauding their brothers? It shouldn't even be an issue.

I just don't think it would be their brothers they'd defraud. 'Nuff said. :hand:

I find it so creepy that people (esp. the Duggars) don't walk around in their pjs in the freedom of their own home. Whenever I'm home, I always wear sweat pants, short shorts and tank tops- depending on the season of course. I also, *GASP* walk around in a towel after taking a shower. My bf thinks I'm weird because I do that, but I really don't get the big deal :think: . I don't get why families are so strict about this.

I remember quite clearly being told when I was about 4 that I needed to be more careful about what I was wearing to bed as I could be "tempting" to my father. Needless to say when things happened later I was blamed......even though I was a kid and he was an adult. :(

My grandmother wore a gown with a dressing robe over it but she always wore stockings. Bare legs were immodest. I don't think that ever passed down to my mother or us though.

In my house now we don't have very many rules about modesty. If we're going out of the house there are more rules than in the house but usually those are due to weather concerns rather than "modesty". Like they had to wear leggings under their skirts today because it was a bit chilly. At home almost anything goes. DH walks around in his underwear. I walk around in my underwear. The kids run through the house completely naked. Nobody is defrauded. If we have company we all wear pajamas, but mostly because our company might be embarrassed if we didn't. The only rule is if you're sitting on the couch you have to wear underwear.

I remember quite clearly being told when I was about 4 that I needed to be more careful about what I was wearing to bed as I could be "tempting" to my father. Needless to say when things happened later I was blamed......even though I was a kid and he was an adult. :(

This makes me see red. :evil: It sounds like whoever told you that knew your father had those proclivities. Criminal. I'm so sorry that happened to you. One of my fundie-lite friends was told at 4 or 5 that she was being "too suggestive" around her uncle. That made me see red, too, especially because she accepted it and believed that little kids could try to tempt adults on purpose (not sure she still believes that, but she did when she told me that). Um, no.

I come from a weird, not-particularly-religious but still strangely puritanical family, to the point that if I was sleeping with one leg out of the covers, my mom would wake me up so the sheets/blankets weren't between my legs. :roll: Still, nobody seemed to much care what I wore for pajamas or that I wore them around my family members. It is bizarre to assume you can "defraud" your relatives--yuck! Was that mentioned on a Duggars episode or something?

Due to imprinting, men should never find their daughters or sisters sexually attractive. Often there's a case where a man sees his teenage daughter and thinks something weird in the second before it he realizes who it is, and any normal man will feel sick after that moment. If a man feels any kind of attraction to a pre-pubescent daughter, he's a pedophile. If a man feels any attraction to a teenage daughter more than that split-second, or if he doesn't feel bad about it, then the problem is that he was never close enough to her in her childhood and never bonded properly with her. This is just one more problem that distant fathers cause, and why it should never just be the mom who does the parenting. It's normal human psychology to feel aversion to the people we grew up with and bonded with in certain ways. If a fundie girl can be a "stumbling block" for a father or a brother, there has been something wrong going on since they were young kids.

Jim Bob keeps blabbering about their daughters attractiveness and how he wants their bodies to be covered all the time. Seems like there is nothing else on his mind. And promptly... seems like he's the only one they should be really hiding from. I gagged when they said how daddy loved their hair long and curly so they permed them for daddy. *GAH* Daddy wants his eyes pleased and his daughters body covered. He forces dress and hair codes on them. I gag and I shudder. He looks at his curly haired virgins who dress to pease the Lord and Daddy, and purrs. And I throw up.

Archived