IGNORED

What's going on with Michaella?

snickerz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Well I guess you told me!!! She'll be 22 then. I was just explaining why I spell Michaela with only one 'L' and that she can spend her babysitting money as she chooses. I buy fabric because I formerly enjoyed sewing, it's not an 'act of charity.' At nearly 69 I am too old to engage in pissing contests so I will let you get back to snarking...seriously, can you snark about fabric? I'm flouncing my superior ass off to the coffee pot now, so have at it. Sheesh!!!

OK, Well I guess you told me!!! She'll be 22 then. I was just explaining why I spell Michaela with only one 'L' and that she can spend her babysitting money as she chooses. I buy fabric because I formerly enjoyed sewing, it's not an 'act of charity.' At nearly 69 I am too old to engage in pissing contests so I will let you get back to snarking...seriously, can you snark about fabric? I'm flouncing my superior ass off to the coffee pot now, so have at it. Sheesh!!!

So if she spells her name with one 'l' why do her parents spell it with two 'l's? What does it say on her birth certificate? Why can't her thick parents figure out how to spell her name?

Useless trivia time:She is named Michaella for her fathers middle name of Michael.Better that Gilberta I guess :)

Well, I guess that would explain why they pronounce it Michael-a instead of the more common Ma-kayla.

As of 9/1/2010, Michaella was 20, so she could be turning 22 this month but not 23. I have seen her name spelled at least 2 different ways on the blog, so I won't give a random fan too much grief for misspelling when apparently her own parents don't even know how :roll:

gilbatesfamily.com/2010/09/01/zach-21-and-michaella-20/

Baylee, if you really know them, can you please for the love of all that is good in this world tell them to care for their horses. If they have to borrow money to buy groceries, then they can't afford horses and it shows. Have you watched the video of the one horse trying to bite the child over and over?

Useless trivia time:She is named Michaella for her fathers middle name of Michael.Better that Gilberta I guess :)

My mom is friends with a woman named Gilberta but she goes by Bertie.

Before the Primetime special, I thought Michaella's name was prounced like Mi-kay-la.

Baylee, if you really know them, can you please for the love of all that is good in this world tell them to care for their horses. If they have to borrow money to buy groceries, then they can't afford horses and it shows. Have you watched the video of the one horse trying to bite the child over and over?

I feel so bad for those horses. It's cruel to have animals and abuse them by neglecting them and not feeding them. It's obvious they can't afford to feed them or care for them. You have to be sick to ride a malnourished ill horse. I hope someone of integrity somewhere steps up and insists the horses be fed and cared for properly. Maybe there's an animal rights group or a kind citizen somewhere who will take care of the Bates' responsibilities for them.

I like the name Michal for a girl. However, I wouldn't do that to my kid. My name can be either sex, though in the US I've only seen it for females, but I spent time oversease growing up and got picked on for having a boy's name.

Michael-a is an interesting pronunciation I guess.

She seems like she is the workhorse of the family.

Definitely. There was a rumor awhile back that she was courting a Staddon "boy" but no one ever proved that. Maybe she had a failed courtship or maybe she really doesn't want to have 18 of her own so doesn't mind delaying marriage to help raise her siblings. It is about the only way for her NOT to have a ton of kids.

Definitely. There was a rumor awhile back that she was courting a Staddon "boy" but no one ever proved that. Maybe she had a failed courtship or maybe she really doesn't want to have 18 of her own so doesn't mind delaying marriage to help raise her siblings. It is about the only way for her NOT to have a ton of kids.

So sad, so true. :(

I am guessing that "BayLee_10" is the commenter 'Kay' from the gilbatesfamily blog that seems to always mention she has sent fabric to Michaela and likes to point out she emails them too. She also has mentioned in the past on their blog about people snarking on her and the Bates... (meaning this forum!) which begs the question... why register here and join?

Meanwhile she has got into at least one disagreement with Kelly in the past. So I really don't understand the train of thought there...

I wonder how some of these "old souls" fare in the fundie dating world. Michaela carries herself like a 30-something year old busy mom. Is that going to be attractive to a very young 20-something fundie boy?

This. I feel so bad for her. :(

I am guessing that "BayLee_10" is the commenter 'Kay' from the gilbatesfamily blog that seems to always mention she has sent fabric to Michaela and likes to point out she emails them too. She also has mentioned in the past on their blog about people snarking on her and the Bates... (meaning this forum!) which begs the question... why register here and join?

Meanwhile she has got into at least one disagreement with Kelly in the past. So I really don't understand the train of thought there...

You beat me to it, I'm pretty sure it's Kay too!

On the topic of Michaella, I think she is just shy, like Jana. She was really nice in the scene where the one girl was being a bitch about the "ugly paint". She's always holding one of the kids and Erin never is. I think she really likes little kids. I'm not a big fan of the prints in some of the recent dresses but I think she does a great job sewing them for her little sisters. Erin gives us so much snarking material, if there was a bitchy side to Michaella, we would've seen it by now.

Oh and Kay, in another post you said that Kelly doesn't push her beliefs on others. How did you feel about Kelly telling the army-wife commenter that she should have lots of kids even though her husband is often deployed and she has no support system close by? How about Erin wanting to take the gift you sent for Judson for her own room? Come to the dark side, it's ok to say that some of the kids are sweet but that the parents suck.

On their website they have her favourite hobbies listed as sewing and holding babies.

I like holding babies as much as the next person but having that as your favourite hobby at 22? That makes me sad.

I wonder how some of these "old souls" fare in the fundie dating world. Michaela carries herself like a 30-something year old busy mom. Is that going to be attractive to a very young 20-something fundie boy?

May well be. Some sensible son of the patriarchy. If her parents will let her go that is.

On their website they have her favourite hobbies listed as sewing and holding babies.

I like holding babies as much as the next person but having that as your favourite hobby at 22? That makes me sad.

Oh that's hilarious. I'm a parent and if asked there's no way in hell I'd list "holding babies" as a hobby. That's not a hobby! It's an activity at best.

Michaela spells her name with just one 'L' so I presume that is her preference, Marmalade. There is no dirt on Michaela, she is kind, sweet and loving. She spends her baby sitting money as she chooses, however she generally chooses to buy sewing notions which end up on the younger girls clothing. She formerly spent her money on fabric, however, now I buy that online and have it sent to her, although that is really no one's business, I enjoy looking at and buying fabric since I sewed when my 4 girls were young, and I am fortunate enough to have extra money. No one in that family has ever asked me for anything, including Michaela. I don't know Tori, so I don't know how she generally behaves, i.e. insulting the paint the Duggar girls chose for the door they were painting. I've never asked the girls for personal information so I don't know how Michaela fares in the courting world, and she has never mentioned it to me, probably because it is none of my business. Michaela is going to be 23 this month and I am going to be 69, so I never meant that we are BFFs.

I never knew a 69 year old would say BFF! No offence, just never heard/read it before.

I feel so bad for those horses. It's cruel to have animals and abuse them by neglecting them and not feeding them. It's obvious they can't afford to feed them or care for them. You have to be sick to ride a malnourished ill horse. I hope someone of integrity somewhere steps up and insists the horses be fed and cared for properly. Maybe there's an animal rights group or a kind citizen somewhere who will take care of the Bates' responsibilities for them.

Oh they don't care. Man has dominion over all animals. It's satanic to worship nature. Only humans count. Especially Male humans.

Don't forget the horses are merely props for the whole little house on the prairie fantasy.

Michaela spells her name with just one 'L' so I presume that is her preference, Marmalade.

She spells it the way it's most often spelled. I know several girls and women Michaela, have never seen any other spelling.

I never knew a 69 year old would say BFF! No offense, just never heard/read it before.

I'm 67 and I use it as do many of my same age peers.

Oh that's hilarious. I'm a parent and if asked there's no way in hell I'd list "holding babies" as a hobby. That's not a hobby! It's an activity at best.

I agree. I would, however, list one of my hobbies as 'thinking up creative ways to hide from a 5 year'.

I'm 67 and I use it as do many of my same age peers.

I really wasn't being snarky... Just see it as more of a paris hilton thing. Please dont be offended.

I really wasn't being snarky... Just see it as more of a paris hilton thing. Please dont be offended.

I wasn't offended.

Those horses are clearly malnourished! How irresponsible can that family be!

She spells it the way it's most often spelled. I know several girls and women Michaela, have never seen any other spelling.

Kelly spells it with 2 "L"s. She's the girl's mother, so that's what I go with. I know it threw me for a loop when I first saw it w written that way, but I happened to catch the first Bates visit on the Duggar show - when ALL the girls wore the clown dresses - and production actually spelled it with 2 L's as well. At the time, I recall thinking that one off as one of their many erroneous captions, but seeing how Kelly writes it that way...score one for TLC...for once.

Archived