IGNORED

What's going on with Michaella?

snickerz

What's the deal with Michaella Bates? She's the oldest, but we never hear about her. Zach is courting, Erin has the hair and the piano talent and is going to "college." But Michaella? I get the feeling they want us to forget she exists. Is she gay? Low IQ? Or what?????????? Inquiring minds want to know, so give me the dirt!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i always wonder about her too.....i feel sorry for her. When they were interviewed by dateline all she talked about was how much she loved being a big sister and taking care of them all......poor girl.

I love Michaella. I think she just isn't as 'into' or comfortable with being more upfront or in the limelight (in that limited way) as Erin.

She seems like she is the workhorse of the family.

I wonder how some of these "old souls" fare in the fundie dating world. Michaela carries herself like a 30-something year old busy mom. Is that going to be attractive to a very young 20-something fundie boy?

Since I know Michaela I can tell you that as far as I know there is nothing wrong with her. She is a 'behind the scenes' type of person and while she is not especially outgoing, she is very friendly one-to-one. She expresses her ideas well, writes well, and yes, she does love the younger kids very much and is excellent with them. She also sews the kids matching outfits. Michaela, Alyssa and Carlin are my favorites!!!

I seem to remember Kelly including some pictures of a small field trip she and the younger kids went on and Michaella brought along a baby boy she babysits. Hopefully she is earning some money and not having to give it all to her parents.

Since I know Michaela I can tell you that as far as I know there is nothing wrong with her. She is a 'behind the scenes' type of person and while she is not especially outgoing, she is very friendly one-to-one. She expresses her ideas well, writes well, and yes, she does love the younger kids very much and is excellent with them. She also sews the kids matching outfits. Michaela, Alyssa and Carlin are my favorites!!!

I think the Bates parents definitely have favorites, and Erin gets the spotlight because she's prettier. Poor Michaella can't even get a consistent spelling of her name on the family blog.

You "know" her so well you can't even spell her name correctly. I could have made this post without argument and I have never been anywhere near the Bateses (nor do I want to be). :roll:

On that one hour special I remember them saying that some guy wanted to court her when she was 16, but the parents wouldn't allow it since she was so young, Thank Goodness!

And I generally think she is just a quieter meeker spirit, she said in that special she likes taking care of the babies and doing the laundry, and I remember them saying on the blog she looks after some friends children/babies which she loves etc... I think she would get along great with the Seven Sisters!

If you are a fundie boy after a motherly person for a football team brood, she would be the one to court ideally. But I agree she does seem like an old soul of 30 odd, for someone who is so young. I just don't think she is that outgoing in terms of meeting people, and is quite happy to be behind the scenes and such. Sure does make it hard to meet people or change your life or make your own life, if you are constantly hiding behind your parents responsibilities...

I think the Bates parents definitely have favorites, and Erin gets the spotlight because she's prettier. Poor Michaella can't even get a consistent spelling of her name on the family blog.

Useless trivia time:She is named Michaella for her fathers middle name of Michael.Better that Gilberta I guess :)

Oh shit I just realized Gil knocked Kelly up when they went off to the beach and enjoyed 'sweet fellowship'.

You may now return to your previous discussion.

Oh shit I just realized Gil knocked Kelly up when they went off to the beach and enjoyed 'sweet fellowship'.

lol!!!

I found the post, but it seems she was pregnant then! Was November 3rd!

http://gilbatesfamily.com/2011/11/03/birthday-surprise/

for a few nights of sweet fellowship together

:snooty:

By Kaycee, November 3, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

“Gil took me to the Indiana Dunes State Park and the Holland Michigan State Park for a few nights of sweet fellowship together before picking up the girls and returning â€

Don’t you mean “a few days�

Modesty in all things is very important.

Michaela spells her name with just one 'L' so I presume that is her preference, Marmalade. There is no dirt on Michaela, she is kind, sweet and loving. She spends her baby sitting money as she chooses, however she generally chooses to buy sewing notions which end up on the younger girls clothing. She formerly spent her money on fabric, however, now I buy that online and have it sent to her, although that is really no one's business, I enjoy looking at and buying fabric since I sewed when my 4 girls were young, and I am fortunate enough to have extra money. No one in that family has ever asked me for anything, including Michaela. I don't know Tori, so I don't know how she generally behaves, i.e. insulting the paint the Duggar girls chose for the door they were painting. I've never asked the girls for personal information so I don't know how Michaela fares in the courting world, and she has never mentioned it to me, probably because it is none of my business. Michaela is going to be 23 this month and I am going to be 69, so I never meant that we are BFFs.

Michaela spells her name with just one 'L' so I presume that is her preference, Marmalade. There is no dirt on Michaela, she is kind, sweet and loving. She spends her baby sitting money as she chooses, however she generally chooses to buy sewing notions which end up on the younger girls clothing. She formerly spent her money on fabric, however, now I buy that online and have it sent to her, although that is really no one's business

You are right, that is no one's business, so why on earth would you post it on an internet website pretty much designed to make fun of families such as hers?

I feel like you are trying to wave this air of superiority over here, while you yourself are the one sharing information that is none of our business knowing that people will jump on it and make fun/snark on the Bates' more.

If you are looking for some heavenly hand clapping and gushing over what a wonderful person you are for your acts of "charity" (vomit), this is most definitely not the place.

Michaela spells her name with just one 'L' so I presume that is her preference, Marmalade. There is no dirt on Michaela, she is kind, sweet and loving. She spends her baby sitting money as she chooses, however she generally chooses to buy sewing notions which end up on the younger girls clothing. She formerly spent her money on fabric, however, now I buy that online and have it sent to her, although that is really no one's business, I enjoy looking at and buying fabric since I sewed when my 4 girls were young, and I am fortunate enough to have extra money. No one in that family has ever asked me for anything, including Michaela. I don't know Tori, so I don't know how she generally behaves, i.e. insulting the paint the Duggar girls chose for the door they were painting. I've never asked the girls for personal information so I don't know how Michaela fares in the courting world, and she has never mentioned it to me, probably because it is none of my business. Michaela is going to be 23 this month and I am going to be 69, so I never meant that we are BFFs.

So, you just send her fabrics? If I sent them something too, does that mean I'll know them as well?

You said that Michaela is turning 23 this month, right? That would mean she was born in 1989 and correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, Zach was born in December 1988 so unless Kelly's reproductive system is magic, I highly doubt Kelly gave birth 2 months after Zach was born. So much for knowing her.

Archived