IGNORED

What do you think the Maxwell grandparents do all day?

Justme

Anna cleans their house. The little girls spend 1 morning a week. (From blog posts.) I'd guess the reversal boys do their yard work. Do they pull out a secret TV and watch reality shows all day long. Do they read books other than the bible? Read a newspaper? Preparing meals for 2 isn't that time consuming.

What do you think Stevie approved activities for the "elderly" could be????

Good question. Maybe they are having sex all around the house and enjoy that Stevie isn't always around to remind them they are soon going to die.

Grandma Maxwell seems like a totally sweet and lovely lady with a real smile that truly reaches her eyes. I wonder what she thinks about Steve-O and the level of fundyness he is practising and making his family (and grandma & grandpa's daughter) to practise. Teri has written that she didn't grow up in a fundy family and her parents were "saved" later in life. I wonder about their other daughter and sister of Teri (Tami is her name, I guess). The Maxwell's have been visiting her family every now and then on their trips and she doesn't seem to be a religious nut like her sister. She has been commenting on the blog occasionally and if I remember correctly hasn't sugarcoated her responses with Godly messages. For Sarah's birthday a year or two ago she wrote something like "Happy birthday Sarah, may the next year be the best year ever for you". Maybe she was hoping for Sarah to find a nice guy and start living her own life...

I can only hope that Steve doesn't dictate their lives, too. I hope they do whatever the hell they want to do when they want to do it. The idol their daughter and grandchildren have made of Steve does not mean they have to do the same thing. They are his elders. They raised their kids and lived their lives, it's time for them to be who they want to be in whatever way works for them.

I'd so love it if they had a television and newspapers and fiction books in their home. Of course there is no way to know, but I would be really sad if Steve has penetrated their lives and actions.

If Steve says they're saved, then they must be his particular brand of saved. He doesn't throw that word around lightly. It's a real shame, but they're probably in the cult too.

Looks like they've talked Gigi into the long skirts, but she still does her hair nicely and wears a little makeup. That, right there, gives me hope that their home time is lots of naps, visits to friends and visits from friends, trips to the movies, daily delivery of the Leavenworth - and maybe the KC! - newspaper(s) and yes, even some TV.

I'd be unsurprised to find out they have a glass of wine at dinner or maybe that they share a beer in front of said TV!

My guess is that Gigi *could* do her own light housekeeping, but that sending Reversal Anna over helps to fill RA's day. Now, there's another thing to wonder about: Do the grandparents talk with her about life before Steve and Teri went off the deep end? Do they have any conversations with her about anything other than Approved Maxwell Topics (ie, the Bible, the wages of sin and the profits of touring/publishing)?

fundiefan, my guess is that they keep a respectful but steady distance from the Maxwell brand of crazayzee. My evidence is the family photo taken last year around Christmas IIRC. It's really two photos. The Maxwells are arranged in front of their fireplace, all of them turned toward the middle of group (Steve + Teri, quelle grand surprise). The grandparents are off to the side in two recliners. The grandparents can VERY easily be trimmed out of the photo, leaving only the Maxwells themselves.

That posing spoke volumes IMHO.

Vodou Doll, quite possibly they beleive in their own (sensible, unfanatic) way, but say what they need to say to Steve and the family, to keep Steve from cutting them off from their daughter and grandchildren.

Re: the arrangement of the Maxwell family photo - Whenever my family has this kind of multi-generation picture taken, we're almost always gathered around the eldest people - especially when it's the grandparents or great-grandparents! Isn't that the point of taking the pictures? So you remember the foundation of your family and honor your roots?

Never mind ... Steve-O thinks he's the real foundation of the Maxwells. Plus, you can't use them as CD or No-Help book covers later if Gramps & Gran are in the middle.

Haven't there been pictures of Gigi in trousers? I can't believe they'd kowtow to Stevie...maybe that's why he sends RA over there: a sort of "ministry" to "save" them! Do they attend the Elderly Church?

I hope they have a bottle of bourbon stashed somewhere in the house, along with some decent movies or books, though, I LOVE the idea of Gigi vegging out to Teen Mom or True Life or something!

I suspect they're Christian, quite possibly conservative, but probably don't shut out the world like Steve-O. They might even (gasp!) take the Leavenworth paper.

I think that a lot of their lives revolve around playing the part for Steve so he doesn't take away their daughter and grandchildren.... I really don't think they are as extreme as Steve. I really think they play along to access Teri and the kids, as Steve has said that he does not allow the family to interact with worldly relatives. :( :x

Maybe they'll do the same thing my grand parents did whenever my great grandmother came over, hide the television under a table cloth or something similar to that(great grandma thought the devil was inside of the tv)

I agree, I think that when they are in Steve's company, they go along to get along. I bet that they do not spend their days on bible reading but rather watch Judge Judy and other things on the TV. I hope that they read the paper and keep RAnna caught up in what is going on in the world.

Archived