IGNORED

Seven Sisters...

leena_noor

Did you perhaps type this on your iPhone?

:D

Oh, not again. Yup, it could have been worse. You should have seen my "semen Smuggar" autocorrect. I meant to say-

Oh, not again. Yup, it could have been worse. You should have seen my "semen Smuggar" autocorrect. I meant to say-

I thought it was hilarious. Semen Smuggar is even better.

Just glanced at the mother's blog and saw this:

. Many of the residents at this facility have brain injuries or mental impairments…in many ways, “the least of theseâ€.

Maybe I am just super sensitve because I have a child who is has a brain injury, but wtf does this mean?

I think she is meaning those less fortunate, or those not like her.... ( I haven't read the blog post, so I can only go by the words below from a speech "WHATEVER YOU DID UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST, YOU DID UNTO ME " by Mother Teresa of Calcutta) I don't think it's meant as anything mean.

On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

Ever since I read that Daddy wanted them to cover, I stopped thinking they were cute. Not to mention, I agree that they would probably show up with a chainsaw.

"Cover"?? Explain? Like cover up? Wear frumpers and doily's on their heads? I'm not with it right now, I need sleep.

I have to laugh at some of the comments that have been written hear and wonder about the mis-interpretation of other "facts" that I have read on this site. I have been following these ladies blog for awhile and although they might seem childish in some of their words or actions I agree with what others have said about them coming across as generally happy, loving sisters who are non-judmental of those around them. If you read there blog they clarify some of the questions raised - first the pictures in the gym were when I believe they were attending a t-tapps (whatever that is) conference thing with their mother. I do not believe that they were participating in the exercising class but were merely at the gym while their mother (pictured in work out clothes) did. They also mention at points that they attend a Baptist church (likely a more conservative one if you look at some of the other church members in their church camping posts) and that their headcoverings are a family choice. Perhaps because they live in Indiana, which has a large Amish/Mennonite population, they were influenced by some of those headcoverings.

It seems like a lot of the assumptions made about these ladies are simply based off assumptions of even just looking at the pictures on their blog and not even reading the details.

"Cover"?? Explain? Like cover up? Wear frumpers and doily's on their heads? I'm not with it right now, I need sleep.

The doilys. It's called a head covering, and people usually say "cover" for short.

Ironically enough, the military calls a hat a "cover", but I don't think that's where it comes from.

I think she is meaning those less fortunate, or those not like her.... ( I haven't read the blog post, so I can only go by the words below from a speech "WHATEVER YOU DID UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST, YOU DID UNTO ME " by Mother Teresa of Calcutta) I don't think it's meant as anything mean.

On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

I don't know why you are crediting Mother Theresa when she is simply quoting the Bible. I'm sure they are referring to that passage, but I highly doubt the Seven Sisters are specifically referencing the time when Mother Theresa said it, since fundies generally aren't fans of Catholics. And while I'm sure they didn't intend it to sound mean, it still did. Intent isn't magic.

Oh, I knew where the line came from, but people with mental impairments aren't the "least of" anything and it is insulting to say otherwise. The way I am reading it it comes off as saying "Many residents at this facility have brain injuries or mental impairments...in many ways less than the rest of us. So they are getting our pity." But I will totally own that this is probably just me being overly sensitive and that many other people will read it and not get that meaning, but I am still not getting how she is saying this in a way that means something nice.

Oh, I knew where the line came from, but people with mental impairments aren't the "least of" anything and it is insulting to say otherwise. The way I am reading it it comes off as saying "Many residents at this facility have brain injuries or mental impairments...in many ways less than the rest of us. So they are getting our pity." But I will totally own that this is probably just me being overly sensitive and that many other people will read it and not get that meaning, but I am still not getting how she is saying this in a way that means something nice.

I don't think that's how it's meant to be taken. I think they mean "the least of these" in that people with mental impairments or brain injuries are typically given short shrift in our society. People avert their eyes, try to avoid contact with people who are considered "different," but that they want to treat these people as the equals that they are.

Thanks for the run down. That was pretty much what I assumed by a quick persusal of their site. Sorry I sorta forgot that I asked a question last week and sent it out into the ether.

I didn't find their blog particularly interesting and probably won't visit it much until people tell me that they are up to more crazy...I think that I like Life in a Shoe b/c KimC is actually...a decent writer. For the most part I can stay entertained enough to read her posts. Zsuzsu too, but that's mostly in wide mouthed HORROR.

Archived