IGNORED

Seven Sisters...

leena_noor

Can someone give me a rundown on these people? If they were Mennonite, I would just pass and smile but why are people who AREN'T Mennonite, intent on dressing like them? My Mennonite friends actually wear the EXACT SAME head covering that they do, but these 'girls' have the gall to find it funny when people confuse them with exactly the same dressed people? Also...why are they so sickeningly skinny?!

Rant over...explain please!

They are fundie, but you can see by old pics they worked up to the level they are at now. They make all their own clothes and have a farmgirl etsy site they sell aprons and little junk things. Their dad seems to be lanky too, I guess they get it from him. The do hang out with jeans wearers and seem to not judge everyone as most of the fundies do.

I think the post I read was that they found it funny when people thought they were Amish (which if kind of funny), not conservative Mennonites. But maybe they said that somewhere else. I am surprised they don't share their religious beliefs more clearly on their blog.

I think the post I read was that they found it funny when people thought they were Amish (which if kind of funny), not conservative Mennonites. But maybe they said that somewhere else. I am surprised they don't share their religious beliefs more clearly on their blog.

I found the lack of religious beliefs spouted on their blog odd too. Usually SAHDs with their own blog can't shut up about scripture and shit like that. Then I realised they are possibly not intelligent enough to parse scripture and use it to reflect on everyday events. They just believe what their parents tell them to believe and don't know why they do.

I just don't know what to think about them. On the one hand I agree that they seem less judgey than other fundies (and I find it refreshing that they don't throw the Bible verses around) but on the other hand their perpetual chirpiness weirds me out.

That, and I want to seriously smack that eldest girl for her 'entire-wire world' thing. Dude, stop acting like you're six. It's weird.

I find them sweet, but sad. They seem to live in a happy little bubble and can't see or think beyond what they have experienced. The ham from God is a perfect example. They live with 9 other people, and the sisters assume because the two of them didn't cross ham off of the grocery list God must have. Plus, it never occured to them apparently, that maybe the Christian thing to do would be to give the ham away to someone who couldn't afford to buy one. No, God wants THEM to have ham. I find it amazing that some people seem to think that God is focused soley on them.

They confuse me to... the little boys are dressed so normally. Even the logo's on thier sandles,, its odd. And they really do work out at the gym in those clothes I saw it somewhere... every gym I ever went to had rules about what u could wear. I really don't think they change for working out. I can't believe the mom was dressed as she was how is that fair?. Its almost like the sisters choose to dress like this its just odd. They do have friends and family visit that are dressed normally. I'd like more info on them to...the blog is hard to read in places because alot of it looks like a young childs wordings.

We have a amish community close by and they make weekly trips to our Wal-mart (its not fun following a horse and buggy on the highway ugh) anyway the girls remind me of how the amish people I see around here dress...so I thought thats what they were when I first saw the blog but seeing the boys..nope they aren't amish. The amish boys around here dress in pants and suspenders.....you can tell the married men from the unmarried ect. But in this area most of them are the old time amish no electric no water..

Maybe its just a double standard with these people the men follow different rules? I don't see the parents hovering over the girls though either....look at all the trips they make alone and the runs for ice cream and the fun they seem to have. I don't think thier internet usage is limited either.

Everyone always talks about how the Seven Sisters aren't judgy on their blog, but honestly, I bet if you asked them what they think about gay people or abortion or interracial marriage, I bet they'd say things that would make your head spin.

As for the mom, she usually wears the type of clothes her daughters do; that picture was taken because she'd won a contest or something to meet with their workout guru. I doubt she runs around in that kind of clothing all the time.

The boys can dress normally because we women are not stimulated visually and therefore cannot be defrauded by men in shorts, don'tcha know?

Check out their vacation pictures from Philly. The girls all have their Patriotic frumpers on and the boys have homemade shirts with matching frumper trim,they are the worst ever. I remember another pic. where they all had daisy material frumpers, and the boys had the matching trim again so they don't always get off easy either.

I haven't read much of their blog to be honest, but what I can see they seem to have real hobbies. The JSlaves' hobbies seem to be all chores - like cooking, playing with children, violin (which they teach)... these sisters seem to have actual hobbies they enjoy, although some are old fashioned. But I find that to be refreshing.

I'm actually glad they don't post much about their religion, or some of their views on things. Everyone is entitled to have opinions. Sometimes, on a place like a family blog, getting all preachy would look untasteful or weird. That takes respect for what other people think, too. I agree with pro-choice, but I would never be able to handle getting an abortion. It doesn't mean I look down on people who do, I understand, but for me personally, I never could. That statement could be interpreted differently by different people, though. I never talk about politics in public because, well, they make me angry. My ex was homophobic, grew up in a tiny farm town with no exposure... it weirded him out. But he was always nice and respectful to my gay friends and didn't oppose gay marriage. He just didn't get it.

I don't know, I think their silence is just trying to be respectful. Or don't want to be torn to shreds on FJ :D. I had an acquaintance who was a die hard tea party, total republican to preach, but was receiving food stamps and rental assistance bc he was, honestly, too lazy and drugged up to hold down a job. I thought it was a little ridiculous. You'd think somebody receiving social aide would be a little bit more moderate.

/rant. sorry :whistle:

I don't really like to give any fundies a pass just because they seem sweet and non-judgmental. That is a very common trick among Evangelicals, to appear nice and friendly so people will trust you and then you can use that opportunity to preach to them. Like deborahlynn said, if you asked them a controversial question, their true colors would show. I'm hesitant to give them a pass.

I find them sweet, but sad. They seem to live in a happy little bubble and can't see or think beyond what they have experienced. The ham from God is a perfect example. They live with 9 other people, and the sisters assume because the two of them didn't cross ham off of the grocery list God must have. Plus, it never occured to them apparently, that maybe the Christian thing to do would be to give the ham away to someone who couldn't afford to buy one. No, God wants THEM to have ham. I find it amazing that some people seem to think that God is focused soley on them.

I do like these sisters. I look at the 7 of them and how close they are and how much fun they have together and I feel a bit jealous. I am one of 6 sisters and we are NOT close. I have 2 sisters that I am close to and the others not so much.

However, I was bothered that they kept this 20 lb. ham when they could buy one themselves. Surely, their Christian heart called out for them to think of another larger family without the means to buy a large ham. Why did they not put together a Chistmas dinner basket for a less fortunate family? It bothers me.

Is it a proper "face saving" thing to say that they surely could have afforded their own? Maybe they could have afforded a smaller ham and beefed up the dinner w/ less expensive sides? And, now with this large ham, they will have many more meals than they would have otherwise?

Unless their mother brings home a salary, they have one person supporting 9 people, and that would surely be a challenge for many.

Is it a proper "face saving" thing to say that they surely could have afforded their own? Maybe they could have afforded a smaller ham and beefed up the dinner w/ less expensive sides? And, now with this large ham, they will have many more meals than they would have otherwise?

Unless their mother brings home a salary, they have one person supporting 9 people, and that would surely be a challenge for many.

They have a nice house, take great vacations several times a year, a 30 ft motor home and thousands of dollars worth of sewing machines and musical instruments. These folks aren't hurting.

Can someone give me a rundown on these people? If they were Mennonite, I would just pass and smile but why are people who AREN'T Mennonite, intent on dressing like them? My Mennonite friends actually wear the EXACT SAME head covering that they do, but these 'girls' have the gall to find it funny when people confuse them with exactly the same dressed people? Also...why are they so sickeningly skinny?!

Rant over...explain please!

They "attend a Baptist church". She says a bit more here:

http://homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/785506/#comment-1415177

Yeah I'm not sure about them too, I mean they seem nice and sweet etc. But I agree that they are very immature for their age, shocked me that the oldest was MY age, 25! They are just so naive and not very worldly.

The seem to genuine like being home with the family and doing what they are doing. BUT my worry if what happens if they are so happy with just staying, that they never really LIVE? You know? Maybe I am getting all dramatic here myself, but you know the old stories you would hear about spinster sisters and how one would have a suitor but feel bad for the other sister so pass the suitor over for the sister... I could imagine these girls doing that!

And also the post where she talked about 'eternal life' and saying she can hardly wait and when they are there they will travel, meet people and do things etc... I just kept wanting to scream at her, YOU'RE NOT DEAD YET!!! You can do those things NOW!!!!

Perhaps it's because they are very thin, but in the third photo of Bekah (?) on the "Sister Photo Shoot" post, she looks really out of proportion. Perhaps it's also because of what she is wearing, but most people either have longer legs and shorter torso, or a longer torso and shorter legs. She has long everything.

PS does anyone think that the Lina who is commenting on the ham post is THE Lina? She even spells "God" as "G-d".

I don't see a user name with Lina posting in thread about the ham from god to the seven sister, nor the chatter forum thread on the defrauding ham. Is it somewhere else?

I don't see a user name with Lina posting in thread about the ham from god to the seven sister, nor the chatter forum thread on the defrauding ham. Is it somewhere else?

I can see it on the SS post about the ham. Doesn't sound like the Lina we all know and love though.

LinaDecember 30th, 2011 at 1:06 pm Reply

We received a free turkey from some family friends. Since we could afford a turkey we prayed and felt G-d was testing us. After some more prayer and family discussion we made a decision. We were able to bless a local soup kitchen with our gift turkey. We are most grateful for G-d using us as his instrument of charity and good will.

They scare me. I mean, I'm not kidding. A curl up in the back of the closet in the fatal position, crying and sucking your tums scarred. I can just picture them breaking into my house with chainsaws and other assorted murderous hoe tool. They have the perfect motherer nicknames to- "here come the Seven Sisters!" Their constitution cheerfullness makes me want to scram.

Ever since I read that Daddy wanted them to cover, I stopped thinking they were cute. Not to mention, I agree that they would probably show up with a chainsaw.

Ever since I read that Daddy wanted them to cover, I stopped thinking they were cute. Not to mention, I agree that they would probably show up with a chainsaw.

Ugh, really? That makes me want to vomit, then.

They scare me. I mean, I'm not kidding. A curl up in the back of the closet in the fatal position, crying and sucking your tums scarred. I can just picture them breaking into my house with chainsaws and other assorted murderous hoe tool. They have the perfect motherer nicknames to- "here come the Seven Sisters!" Their constitution cheerfullness makes me want to scram.

Did you perhaps type this on your iPhone?

:D

Did you perhaps type this on your iPhone?

:D

You don't have hoe tools? What do your street walkers use then to garden?

Just glanced at the mother's blog and saw this:

. Many of the residents at this facility have brain injuries or mental impairments…in many ways, “the least of theseâ€.

Maybe I am just super sensitve because I have a child who is has a brain injury, but wtf does this mean?

Archived