IGNORED

People You Wish The Duggars Would Meet

lilwriter85

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Duggar kids need to come to my incredibly liberal, radically-welcoming church. They could learn that you can still be a good Christian and listen to secular music and dance. Or at least the kids who need fun most can come.

unless they did it with a open mind it would just make them feel superior. Pointless having them meed Jesus they would never believe it was him.

I think about the only thing that would affect them is seeing people doing the thankless work of really helping the very poor.it would even be better of they were not Christian.

LilWriter - I think the Duggars have MET other Protestants, but I don't think they have spent any time discussing religion or values or lifestyles with them. That's what I think these kids need - the chance to openly discuss differences, why other people believe the way they do, how other people ACTUALLY live, etc.

You've heard the old joke?

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well, are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or a Jew?"

He said, “A Christian.â€

I said, “Me too. Protestant or Catholic?â€

He said, “Protestant.â€

I said, “Me too! What franchise?â€

He says, “Baptist.â€

I said, “Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?â€

He says, “Northern Baptist.â€

I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?â€

He says, “Northern Conservative Baptist.â€

I say, “Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist or Northern Conservative Reform Baptist?â€

He says, “Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist.â€

I say, “Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Eastern Region?â€

He says, “Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region.â€

I say, “Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?â€

He says, “Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.â€

I say, KJV or NIV?

He says, "NIV."

I said, "Die infidel!" and gave him a shove.

Sadly, this is how many fundies think, for the most part. Exploring differences is VERY scary to them, and they do everything they can to keep the door to their insulated little world locked, chained, and bolted, lest the people on the inside get a glimpse of the outside, and find out that our commonalities are much more numerous than our differences, and that there are millions of people who manage to lead wholesome, decent lives without adhering to a set of rigid paternalistic "laws" that force everyone into the same lockstep.

The best way to destroy a stereotype is to actually be confronted with "those" people, not just in passing, but in a honest interaction that lets you see and know the PERSON inside. Just like I have fundie friends who have explored their principles, compared them to others, and CHOSEN the lives they lead. I may not like their choice, I would never choose it for myself, but I can respect that they made an INFORMED decision.

Meri Brown from Sister Wives in a recent interview said she and her daughter Mariah would love to meet the Duggars. I would love to see TLC do this crossover! Can you imagine Michelle and JB explaining plural marriage!

Slightly OT but it does show that the Browns allow their kids to watch shows that show other religious points of view when we all know the Duggars are not watching Sister Wives.

I would love for them to meet the Irish Travelers from "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". I think it would blow their minds. Conservative beliefs yet immodest clothes? I think the Duggars would have a heart attack. Also on my list: Lady Gaga, Margaret Sanger (the founder of Planned Parenthood), Gloria Steinem, RuPaul, Judge Judy, Yeshua (... not the white Republican Jesus that speaks perfect English, but the real deal).

Another person I'm adding to the list is actor Scott Clifton who is an atheist and a well known video blogger

I want the older Duggars to see THE WALL and meet Roger Waters afterward. That is, if their heads don't explode halfway through.

I kinda wish they could meet Jesus. I have a feeling he would tell them they are wrong about a few things, and that JB would argue with him.

Meri Brown from Sister Wives in a recent interview said she and her daughter Mariah would love to meet the Duggars. I would love to see TLC do this crossover! Can you imagine Michelle and JB explaining plural marriage!

Slightly OT but it does show that the Browns allow their kids to watch shows that show other religious points of view when we all know the Duggars are not watching Sister Wives.

I only recent got into watching Sister Wives. The Duggars meeting Meri and Mariah would be fun to watch. I agree with other suggestions for the Duggars to meet the Kardashians and the Jersey Shore cast. The Duggars should meet several other reality show stars. I would love for Michelle to meet some of the Real Housewives.

I think the Duggars should also meet people who work on scripted TV shows. Boob and Mullett have stated several times how they only let the kids watch the Andy Griffith Show, educational DVD's, religious DVD's and older movies. Since they have both stated that they think most TV is garbage they should meet creators of TV shows and the people who act on the shows. Here is my list of creators and TV shows casts they should meet

-Ryan Murphy creator of Glee. The Duggars should spend a day on the set watching the cast dance, sing secular music and they should watch the LGB scenes being filmed. Ryan should plaster the studio with pictures from the infamous GQ photo shoot as well as Naya Rivera's Maxim pics and Heather Morris' semi-nude pictures.

-Marc Cherry creator of Desperate Housewives. Michelle should be the lone Duggar to spend time on the DH set.

-Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan creators of Modern Family. All of the Duggars should spend a day on the set. I would love to see the reactions of the younger Duggars to see the scenes of Cam, Mitchell and their daughter being filmed

If we are going with TV stars and sets, I think the Duggars should go on location to True Blood, especially to a day of filming some hawt vampy sex (hey Sookie and Bill are married in real life, so its sort of the same as Fireproof right)? OMG their heads would ASPLODDDDDDDE!

If we are going with TV stars and sets, I think the Duggars should go on location to True Blood, especially to a day of filming some hawt vampy sex (hey Sookie and Bill are married in real life, so its sort of the same as Fireproof right)? OMG their heads would ASPLODDDDDDDE!

TB is one of my other favorite shows. The Duggars should spend time on that set.

Some other people I have thought

-Ron Jeremy

-Ellen DeGeneres

-Stephen King

-Neil Gaiman

-J.K. Rowling

Howard Stern. Say what you want about him, but he has a way of getting people to open up in an interview that no one else does. And I doubt he'd let them get away with not answering the question. Same with Robin Quivers and Fred.

Eddie Izzard, but they might not be able to understand him when he's talking... :)

Bill Maher

Kathy Griffin,

Bill Hicks

George Carlin

Mel Brooks and Howie Mandel, but mostly for the jokes that would go over the Duggars' heads. (Did I do the possessive correctly? Sometimes I get confused.)

Some other people I have thought

-Ron Jeremy

-Ellen DeGeneres

-Stephen King

-Neil Gaiman

-J.K. Rowling

i hope stephen king's next book is about a fungus that grows in their unmilled wheat and destroys the brains of the fundies. the more wheat they eat, the crazier they get. the crazier they get, the more religious they get. the more religious they get, the longer the skirts get, eventually smothering them.

wouldn't you love to see a "side hug" between michelle and ron jeremy? somebody better get out the 6 inch courting ruler!

Christopher Hitchens.

YES. What you said.

I strongly dislike Hitchens for political reasons but I would pay good money to see that meeting. :dance:

Archived