IGNORED

People You Wish The Duggars Would Meet

lilwriter85

This will be a fun thread in which you post people that you wish that the Duggars would meet

My first person is Dan Barker an atheist who was once an evangelical minister

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
George Carlin, or Jesus (hey, their both dead, but this is fantasy)

I also fantasize about the Duggars meeting dead comedians who have ripped them apart like Sam Kinnison, Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks

Noel Fielding - "I'm the confuser! Is it a man? Is it a woman? I'm not sure if I mind!" Imagine the defrauding possibilities :D

thechosenonenoelfieldin.jpg

Either Marilynn Manson or Ozzy Osbourne. Either one would be quite interesting.

I'd do more of a "these are the people in your neighborhood" thing. Clergy at a Catholic church and non-Christian houses of worship, the librarian, women in different professions . . .

Bill Maher or Kathy Griffin

Agreed! John Lennon, (Or the Beatles), President Kennedy, Barack Obama, MLK, Alice Paul, Elizabeth Cady Santon, Elizabeth Blackwell, many more but those cropped up for me.

Me. I'd love to have a real conversation with them. It would never happen, as I am the evil working mother.

Another dead person would definitely be Charles Darwin. After all, they don't believe in evolution, so that would be an interesting meeting.

Lady Gaga. Preferably on a day when she doesn't feel like wearing clothes.

[eta]

ooo. i was gonna say Jesus, too. i would bet CASH MONEY they'd be in for the shock of their lives.

edited to correct verb tenses.

A decent, normal, middle-of-the-road Christian family. No insane legalism. Just normal Christian who does not take voting instructions from a crazy pastor. Who love each other, do their best and get on with life.

I agree with the Lady Gaga post.

Another pop star the Duggars should meet is Katy Perry. I'm sure she could tell them about her upbringing by her pastor parents. Katy's childhood has a lot of similarities to the Duggar's lifestyle. She wasn't allowed to listen to secular music, watch TV that much and no R rated movies. The big differences between her and the Duggars were that she attended public schools and her parents only had three kids. She could the Duggars how she became a secular singer who wrote a song about a kissing another woman and how she is voicing Smurfette in the upcoming Smurfs movies and she could tell them how her mom didn't let her watch ebil Smurfs on the ebil TV. Actually I think she should just meet Michelle and the Duggar girls. I can see her making fun of the frumpers.

Not a specific person, but a roomful of normal people from every walk of life - Catholic, various Protestants, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, atheists - you get the picture. Also of a variety of political leanings, ages, cultural backgrounds, financial status, etc. And they would have to stay for an entire day, engaging in conversations that would range from evolution to cultural differences to history to science to literature to music to...whatever. And JB and Michelle would have to leave at some point, so the children could engage in free and honest discussions without parental oversight/disapproval. And every Duggar child would be required to read "Religions of the World" by Huston Smith.

I could go on and on, but that would be a good start.

Not a specific person, but a roomful of normal people from every walk of life - Catholic, various Protestants, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, atheists - you get the picture. Also of a variety of political leanings, ages, cultural backgrounds, financial status, etc. And they would have to stay for an entire day, engaging in conversations that would range from evolution to cultural differences to history to science to literature to music to...whatever. And JB and Michelle would have to leave at some point, so the children could engage in free and honest discussions without parental oversight/disapproval. And every Duggar child would be required to read "Religions of the World" by Huston Smith.

I could go on and on, but that would be a good start.

I think the Duggars probably have meet and interacted with people of different Protestant sects/denominations. Some of the people that live near them and might be connected to their family through business or other things probably attend less conservative or mainstream churches. I think the people that the Duggars likely have never actually interacted or engaged in conversations are Catholics, Muslims, Jews, agnostics/atheists etc. The family has visited Catholic populated countries but when they go on those trips they don't really learn about the country or the effect of Catholicism has on the country.

I would love for the Duggars to spend time in northern New Mexico where many Hispano Catholics live or parts of Louisiana where Cajun Catholics live. In northen New Mexico, they would be in for shock because Hispanos do things like pilgrimages from church to church, they blend in forms of faith healing and secret flagellant societies still exist there. In Louisiana they would also be in for shock with how some Cajuns practice Catholicism.

My boyfriend is friends with an engaged Jewish couple who watch the Duggars and they both get annoyed with how the Duggars do certain practices common with Jews. I think the Duggars should definitely interact with Jews.

They should meet up with Gene Simmons & family, only because I want one of the older Duggar girls to run off with that cutie patootie Nick! I'm thinking Jessa & Nick would make a cute couple.

Or the Duggars could meet up with Alice Cooper, a Christian :shock: . Who knew?

Archived