IGNORED

Josh's Instagram

chiccy

...what I'm astonished about is the number of photos of (fast) food he has on his Instagram. What kind of a person takes photos of hamburger joints and fast food menus and drive-thru-lanes and loads them in the internet for all the world to see?

Someone who didn't get to eat fast food, or make their own food choices, as a kid; that's what kind of person. Josh gets to decide what he's going to eat these days, and he's indulging himself. And, having grown up on highly-processed crapfood, that's what his palate is accustomed to, so he's indulging in fast food rather than better fare.

That's a pretty sad thing, frankly--when your life has been so narrowly proscribed that your big marker for adult freedom is the greasy cheeseburgers you get to buy yourself.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how in one of the pics, Josh brags about how he spent $400 on an iPhone 4S, yet in front of the cameras, they go on about "buy used, save the difference" by going to yard sales and thrift stores to buy clothes. Don't go around claiming you guys live a frugal life, yet go out and spend $400 on a new gadget. It's not a necessity to buy an iPhone when you can buy a cell phone that is much cheaper.

I want this show to end so bad. Josh and Anna don't care about money, especially with the show. Once the show ends, the money stops, and he'll have to start taking his work seriously. He won't be buying the next iPhone or Macbook, that's for sure.

Fellow history nerd with another fun, kinda sorta related, fact. Recently heard this on the BBC: if the line of succession would have been granted to women in the early 20. century, Kaiser Wilhelm II would have been on the British throne in 1914.

edited: Sorry, I am not entirely sure if 'line of succession' is the correct English term in this instance, but I think it is?

That is interesting but could you explain further? I thought women already could inherit the throne in Britain for hundreds of years (e.g. Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria?)

That is interesting but could you explain further? I thought women already could inherit the throne in Britain for hundreds of years (e.g. Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria?)

I'm pretty sure women can only inherit the throne if they have no brothers. Which is still the case, I believe.

Josh is just so stunted in his development. Squandering hundreds on electronics or getting excited about fast food are things that a lot of teenagers do when they get their first taste of freedom. Most of them learn from their mistakes while the consequences are still minimal. You work at a minimum-wage job and then blow all your money one one big thing and then regret and decide to be more wise in the future. Or you go off to college and eat ice cream for dinner because you can, and then you get sort of nauseous and you don't make a habit of it because you've proven your freedom to yourself and you're satisfied with it. The things that Josh is doing are pretty typical of someone 5-10 years younger than he is. The problem here is that he has a wife who can never work and two kids to support. It's one thing to waste a couple hundred dollars when you're living with your parents and it won't affect your ability to get food, but it's a lot worse when you do it in Josh's position. I mean, it's hard to blame him because he never had a chance to develop normally, but now he has way too much responsibility that he's just not ready for.

It's really ironic because Quiverfullers make such a big deal that their teenagers never go through rebellion or the phases that mainstream teenagers go through. Well, they're right in a way because they don't go through it as teenager, but instead do it in their 20s when the consequences are greater.

Josh is a perfect example if why I think teenage rebellion is a GOOD thing. It's a way for children to transition to adulthood in a slower and safer way. By doing stupid things while they're still with their parents, they can reduce the risk of those things and learn from them. It's better to have a 15 year-old act like a teenager than for a 25 year-old to do it.

Recently heard this on the BBC: if the line of succession would have been granted to women in the early 20. century, Kaiser Wilhelm II would have been on the British throne in 1914.

I'm on the more explanation side as well here - very doubtful that he could have been on the British throne since that would have meant Prussia and the UK would have been joined together - if there had been a chance that the Princess Royal/her issue could have succeeded Queen Victoria, it is IMO very doubtful that Parliament would have consented to her marriage to her husband or it would have required her to renounce her succession rights.

It is technically possible because he was the oldest child of Queen Victoria's oldest child, but I think more things would have been affected.

The things that Josh is doing are pretty typical of someone 5-10 years younger than he is

So true. I thought Josh and Anna sounded liked lovesick 13 year olds in the wedding episodes. I only hope he matures enough to leave the movement soon after the show ends.

If Josh and Anna are to survive without TLC, both need some comprehensive education Neither is qualified to say 'welcome to Walmart' 'would you like fries with that'.

At some point they will have someone (Jimbo) ghostwrite a book. That can tide them over for a time if Juterus handles the promotional aspects.

I'm on the more explanation side as well here - very doubtful that he could have been on the British throne since that would have meant Prussia and the UK would have been joined together - if there had been a chance that the Princess Royal/her issue could have succeeded Queen Victoria, it is IMO very doubtful that Parliament would have consented to her marriage to her husband or it would have required her to renounce her succession rights.

Good point, this would have made her marriage a huge foreign policy question!

By the way, as of October women will be allowed to inherit the throne even if they have younger brothers. They can also marry Catholics now.

It is technically possible because he was the oldest child of Queen Victoria's oldest child, but I think more things would have been affected.

Wilhelm was indeed the son of Princess Royal Victoria, oldest child of Queen Victoria. Had daughters been allowed the same succession rights as sons, Vicky would have become queen when her mother died in 1901. She herself died later that year, and so her oldest would have become King in 1901.

However, I'm inclined to agree that Vicky would not have been allowed to marry the heir to the Prussian throne had she been the heir to the British throne. But she had four younger brothers ahead of her, so there was little possibility of her ever becoming queen.

No duggar child will EVER be unemployed (unless by choice) or in need. They are fundie royalty. The fact that god blesses them is an infallible truth. If VF or ATI allowed them to falter it would be a public admission that its not all perfect and that life may actually be hard. They are the role models, the "kings" and will be kept in comfort all their lives so long as they stand for the teachings.

Wilhelm was indeed the son of Princess Royal Victoria, oldest child of Queen Victoria. Had daughters been allowed the same succession rights as sons, Vicky would have become queen when her mother died in 1901. She herself died later that year, and so her oldest would have become King in 1901.

However, I'm inclined to agree that Vicky would not have been allowed to marry the heir to the Prussian throne had she been the heir to the British throne. But she had four younger brothers ahead of her, so there was little possibility of her ever becoming queen.

I think it would make a good premise for one of those alternate-history novels, but even if they had decided after Queen Victoria's death that older sisters who had younger brothers could inherit the crown, they'd probably have written in an exemption just to cover her. Parliament would have had to approve that change, and even in 1901 Wilhelm was kind of an abusive little prick. If his father had still been alive, it might have been feasible.

The whole three cousins who are kings in WWI issue (George whatever, Wilhelm, and Tsar Nicholas) is fascinating, however.

The whole three cousins who are kings in WWI issue (George whatever, Wilhelm, and Tsar Nicholas) is fascinating, however.

Of the three, only Nicholas was not a direct descendant of Victoria, but ironically he is the one who bore the brunt of her hemophilia gene. Had his only son not inherited it via his mother the course of Russian history may have been quite different.

Conversely, had Willie's mum been a carrier (she had a 50/50 shot), his course may have been very different as well.

No duggar child will EVER be unemployed (unless by choice) or in need. They are fundie royalty. The fact that god blesses them is an infallible truth. If VF or ATI allowed them to falter it would be a public admission that its not all perfect and that life may actually be hard. They are the role models, the "kings" and will be kept in comfort all their lives so long as they stand for the teachings.

Interesting thought. At least so far, none of the Duggars have (been allowed to follow) followed Priscilla Kellar to Gothard HQ (except to the Heart camp thingy) so I wonder to what extent they in fact are fundie royalty.

Perhaps this miscarriage fiasco (not the miscarriage but its aftermath) is indeed the Duggar's obeisance to the Gothard God so that they will remain in the spotlight after TLC cuts them loose.

If Josh and Anna are to survive without TLC, both need some comprehensive education Neither is qualified to say 'welcome to Walmart' 'would you like fries with that'.

At some point they will have someone (Jimbo) ghostwrite a book. That can tide them over for a time if Juterus handles the promotional aspects.

Smuggar might be able to be a cart pusher? (Which would be a laugh and a half.)

It looks like Josh and Anna are so broken up they fled to Florida...........Off camera his posts and photos remind me of my 15 year old daughter's friends on FACEBOOK......just with a ton more religion inserted.

I'm sure Anna would have no trouble getting work in a Church preschool or daycare (yes, there are church day cares!)...Joshie....welll....Maybe John David will hire him to answer the phone....

Since my last visit to check his site (about 2 days ago) he has added among others photos of Taco Bell, McDonald's, some soda&chocolate shop (2 pics of that) and some other lunch cafe with "super blt" sandwich. Like he wrote himself: Oh yeah!

:shock:

Smuggar might be able to be a cart pusher? (Which would be a laugh and a half.)

I haven't read A Confederacy of Dunces in a very long time, but now I can't help but picture Smuggar as an Ignatius J. Reilly-type figure, pushing a hot dog cart (and eating his way through the inventory) while pontificating to anyone who will listen.

It looks like Josh is on a road trip with his buddies, I could be wrong.

I really don't understand why the world needs to know what kind of fast food he eats. :roll: or how often.

Since my last visit to check his site (about 2 days ago) he has added among others photos of Taco Bell, McDonald's, some soda&chocolate shop (2 pics of that) and some other lunch cafe with "super blt" sandwich. Like he wrote himself: Oh yeah!

:shock:

Since he's been known to read here. maybe he's doing it to mess with us?

Hi, Josh! :obscene-buttred:

Archived