IGNORED

Josh's Instagram

chiccy

Doubt it. I think it's more like, flip-flops were huge in the South ten years ago, which is right in line with fundie sensibilities, and most teen girls will probably wear inappropriate footwear if given the chance (I know I did) thanks to the general teen feeling of imperviousness. But unlike most teens, their parents focus on the "big issues" of "having their hearts" instead of actually parenting and paying attention to their safety.

I think the flip flops are also due to them having to buy shoes used. Used shoes are sometimes uncomfortable because the show is conformed to another persons feet. Flip flops are relatively inexpensive and so they can be purchased new.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the flip flops are also due to them having to buy shoes used. Used shoes are sometimes uncomfortable because the show is conformed to another persons feet. Flip flops are relatively inexpensive and so they can be purchased new.

+1

If my choices were between Little House boots that were broken-in to another person's feet and some cheap flip-flops, I would wear the flip-flops too. Hell, I love flip-flops and I wear them all the time anyway. But I do know not to wear them for things like exercising, hiking, moving, etc. The adult girls can make their own decisions, I guess, but you'd think parents would tell a kid Joy's age to put on some real shoes.

The older and wiser part of me cringes every time I see those girls in flip flops, because their feet will pay for it later. However, I wore flip flops a lot when I was a teenager (but mostly during the summer months, when my mom would allow it). I remember that practicality was last on my list of requirements for shoewear. However, my mom or dad would never have allowed us to do real work in flip flops, and we'd be sent back inside for proper foot gear. I think since JimBob and Michelle are so self-absorbed, they don't even really notice what their daughters are wearing on their feet. As long as the laundry is done, the food purchased and prepared, and the howlers dealt with, Ma and Pa Duggar are content in their own little pampered bubbles.

Seriously. The total disregard to safety when it comes to the girls' footwear is appalling. I'm still disturbed when I think of them traipsing through whatever the hell country it was to give out their solar bibles in their flip flops. We moved last August in 100F+ heat indices with god-awful humidity and I even made the 6 year-old put on socks and shoes to keep her feet somewhat safer if she got in the way of something.

If I was Josh's workers comp agent I'd be all over this! Oh wait... workers comp... he probably doesn't have that

Message to Duggars- YOU CAN NOT RUN A BUSINESS WITH OUT PROPER CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR...

OSHA helps small business too

http://www.osha.gov/dcsp/smallbusiness/index.html

Thank goodness Joshie had a big hearty lunch - I was getting worried about him blowing away with all the weight he must be losing on his "diet!"

164af05a695d11e180d51231380fcd7e_6.jpg

I was thinking about the flip flop debate while stuck in the MRI machine this afternoon. Until last summer the only times my kids wore flip flops were if we were going swimming or at the beach. I bought a bunch of .50 flip flops last summer because I have the "kid" hang out house. We have year around warm weather so water wars are common. I hated sending kids home with wet shoes/socks. I realized even though I only bought 2 sizes of flip flops they fit girls in 5 different shoe sizes. I think the Duggars could be using the flip flops and sandals because it is easy. First off no socks. No socks to sort, no socks to confuse(if they get their own socks?), no extra laundry, no extra cost. Then you can were flip flops longer then shoes. My daughter takes a size 2 but can wear a flip flop size 1-3. With the Sandals it could even mean if the older girls have slightly different shoe sizes they could share. If Jill had an 8 and Jana 8.5 or 9 they could wear the same sandals. this would not work for sneakers or Mary Janes.

I 100% agree on the OSHA deal. My husband runs a small business and workmans comp is so expensive. His company got warned because employees have to wear long pants/jeans no exceptions(even a receptionist) and the temp. gets to 115 in the summer. Flip flops are a huge no. Skirts would be a no unless you had full tights and closed toe shoes.

Love the new food pictures. Also what does having a subaru have to do with healthy eating? I always thought of subaru's for their AWD. I had one when I had to travel between Park City and salt Lake.

That pic of Michael & the cup - Michael's sitting on someone's lap, IN THE CAR (hummer). I guess kids really are expendable in quiverfull culture.

Ok, who is snarking on Josh's page?

instagr.am/p/H7NIbBuWNc/

joshduggarDriving a Hummer to shop at the natural food store...parked in a lot full of Subaru cars! Lol #natural #h2 2h.

ironbunny I'm not sure I'd be bragging about that. 1h.

vanessa1508@ironbunny: But Anna uses cloth diapers so it "evens out" according to them. ::eye roll:: 1h.

brett88 Lol! 1h

Somehow I doubt Josh knows that places like whole paycheck can still be unhealthy food. I doubt he was jonesing for organic steel cut oats or homone free chicken.

Shit. Now, I'm jonesing for whole foods and the yummy grains they sell.

Thank goodness Joshie had a big hearty lunch - I was getting worried about him blowing away with all the weight he must be losing on his "diet!"

164af05a695d11e180d51231380fcd7e_6.jpg

What is that?! :shock:

Stale placenta in a tortilla.

It really looks nasty, doesnt it!??!

Joshie took a break from working hard to go to chipotle (which appears to be dangerously close to the ebil place where they edumakate wimmen - University of Arkansas)

5b6050c8695c11e18bb812313804a181_6.jpg

Then, once his belly was full, he went shopping at the "natural food store". Thats important because it offsets the hummer that he drove there or the gazillion mgs of sodium he ate this week... not sure which...

6aa32c5c695e11e180c9123138016265_6.jpg

[ @ ]joshduggarDriving a Hummer to shop at the natural food store...parked in a lot full of Subaru cars! Lol #natural #h2 3h.

[ @ ]ironbunny I'm not sure I'd be bragging about that. 3h.

[ @ ]vanessa1508@ironbunny: But Anna uses cloth diapers so it "evens out" according to them. ::eye roll:: 3h.

[ @ ]brett88 Lol! 3h.

[ @ ]happygolucky8401 If you guys are going to be rude then maybe you shouldn't follow him on here. Grow up. 1h.

[ @ ]vanessa1508 Thanks so much for telling me who I can and can't follow! And my comment was just that, a comment. I have as much of a right to comment on something as you do. @joshduggar can make his Instagram private whenever he wants to but until then he's subject to comments from followers. Does that make sense? 57min

I am wondering if Josh's laziness doesn't have something to do with his diet. I know that I felt a lot better when I went off of sugar and gluten. I am also wondering about Josh and addiction. He posts pictures of food like alcoholics talk about Jim Beam or JD and like drug addicts sing about their C-O-C-A-I-N-E. Addiction in this family could be rearing it's ugly head. I know it's all speculation but maybe that's why Michelle had to find protection from all evil in the arms of Gothard.

The way Josh is going, his life is going to be short. So it's not okay for someone to have a glass of wine (purchased from the corner liquor store) once in a while but it's okay to stuff your face with food every minute of the day?! And God forbid someone dance!

Also, the Duggars should be giving Josie lots of probiotic foods and she should not have processed foods at all. Her digestive system is immature and may be damaged. And Josh should not be feeding his daughter McD's. Priorities are all screwed up in this family.

Ew, that burrito is bigger than his hand!

And what the heck is wrong with Subaru? Like anything other than a Hummer is pathetic now?

:?

And what the heck is wrong with Subaru? Like anything other than a Hummer is pathetic now?

I'm pretty sure only damn dirty libruls drive a subaru. I know I love mine :D

Subarus also last forever, like a lot of Japanese cars. Even with 6-figure mileage, they would likely be out of range for Josh's car lot, which could certainly make him butthurt.

I am wondering if Josh's laziness doesn't have something to do with his diet. I know that I felt a lot better when I went off of sugar and gluten. I am also wondering about Josh and addiction. He posts pictures of food like alcoholics talk about Jim Beam or JD and like drug addicts sing about their C-O-C-A-I-N-E. Addiction in this family could be rearing it's ugly head. I know it's all speculation but maybe that's why Michelle had to find protection from all evil in the arms of Gothard.

The way Josh is going, his life is going to be short. So it's not okay for someone to have a glass of wine (purchased from the corner liquor store) once in a while but it's okay to stuff your face with food every minute of the day?! And God forbid someone dance!

Also, the Duggars should be giving Josie lots of probiotic foods and she should not have processed foods at all. Her digestive system is immature and may be damaged. And Josh should not be feeding his daughter McD's. Priorities are all screwed up in this family.

f310dde2696211e1a87612313804ec91_6.jpg

Sure, they'll say its "just a cup" but its a fast food cup. One of many we know he's had in his little hands. We know they give that baby processed crap and sweet tea, even if it is "just a sip."

Theres no doubt that you can have a food addiction and since he cant have anything else, food makes the most sense. Maybe he'll hit up celebrity rehab for his next show.

At least the Hummer is an American car. Here in metro Detroit, driving a foreign car is a no-no.

I'm pretty sure only damn dirty libruls drive a subaru. I know I love mine :D

Subarus also last forever, like a lot of Japanese cars. Even with 6-figure mileage, they would likely be out of range for Josh's car lot, which could certainly make him butthurt.

Japanese engineering in the house!

Archived