IGNORED

Josh's Instagram

chiccy

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you, seriously. I wish I had the self-discipline to do what you're doing.

There is SO BLOODY MUCH wrong with Josh's comment. I don't want to start, because I could never say enough to express how much is really wrong with it. But it is just so disrespectful in every way, from small ways (like not capitalizing "Holocaust", using his usual stupid flippant commenting style with the exclamation mark) to huge, fundamental ways. It probably took him 15 seconds to come up with the idea for this comment, type it up, post it, and start feeling proud of himself.

It goes without saying that they couldn't possibly have learned much about the Holocaust at the SOTDRT.

But what shakes me to the core about this comment is that he typed and posted it RIGHT AFTER VISITING THE HOLOCAUST MUSEUM. So he would have seen a glimpse of what the Holocaust actually was. And still. He posted it. I have no words.

Yeah, I have to say that's what really shakes me to the core about this, too.

I know this won't be a popular view since I know how Smuggar is hated here, but I don't think Josh seems so bad just going off this.

The Holocaust sign seems to be encouraging people to apply the lessons of that exhibit to other situations with the comments like "The next time you witness hatred. The next time you think about injustice" etc. Not surprising that someone who thinks abortion is socially sanctioned wide-scale killing would make a comparison there. If you're looking for something to get all worked up over, yeah, I see why you would take offense, but I see why he would say that.

I think this is one key thing to keep in mind: Abortion is not the same thing to them as it is to you. Rightly or wrongly, in their mind abortion means the death of actual babies.

It seems like some of you are hearing the comparison and think it means that they take killing Jews lightly because you perceive abortion as not being nearly so bad. However, to them, abortion is a big deal and a terrible thing, so it makes sense to them to compare it to something else that is terrible like the Holocaust.

Look, here's the thing about genocide. Genocide isn't just a mass killing of people, which is pretty horrible. Genocide is a series of steps http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/8 ... ocide.html that takes a segment of the population and mistreats them in a myriad of ways for who they are, for something they cannot help being born as, and ends with the slaughtering of that segment of the population. Genocide doesn't just destroy lives. It destroys a culture. It destroys a way of life. It tries to obliterate a group of people whether ethnic or religious or whatever from existence. Abortion, even if you truly believe it to be the murder of actual living human beings cannot compare.

This man is watching his parents grieve and his contribution is to take a picture of them at their child's funeral?

Josh, big fail there. Huge.

All I can think of is how Anna looks at him like he's the next coming of Jesus... (hey, we all look stupid when we're in love)... But I keep thinking about what a complete dick he is... And I'm all like, "Poor, poor, Anna."

Look, here's the thing about genocide. Genocide isn't just a mass killing of people, which is pretty horrible. Genocide is a series of steps http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/8 ... ocide.html that takes a segment of the population and mistreats them in a myriad of ways for who they are, for something they cannot help being born as, and ends with the slaughtering of that segment of the population. Genocide doesn't just destroy lives. It destroys a culture. It destroys a way of life. It tries to obliterate a group of people whether ethnic or religious or whatever from existence. Abortion, even if you truly believe it to be the murder of actual living human beings cannot compare.

Seconded. I've been in that museum and the images are horrific. It is truly heartbreaking to see the suffering those poor people were put through. At the entrance to the museum they give you a little passport-style card with all of the info of one of the victims. You follow that person's story through the museum. Mine was a woman who was sent to the gas chambers. Abortion is a reasonably quick procedure. The victims of the Holocaust were stripped of their identies, forced to work and live in horrific conditions, were separated from their families, starved, killed in gas chambers, and some were even subjects of twisted medical experiments. This happened over a period of years. There is no way abortion could ever compare to this, and to do so is an insult to Holocaust victims and their families.

Quick Question: Is anyone else having trouble getting beyond the first page of pics?

Seconded. I've been in that museum and the images are horrific. It is truly heartbreaking to see the suffering those poor people were put through. At the entrance to the museum they give you a little passport-style card with all of the info of one of the victims. You follow that person's story through the museum. Mine was a woman who was sent to the gas chambers. Abortion is a reasonably quick procedure. The victims of the Holocaust were stripped of their identies, forced to work and live in horrific conditions, were separated from their families, starved, killed in gas chambers, and some were even subjects of twisted medical experiments. This happened over a period of years. There is no way abortion could ever compare to this, and to do so is an insult to Holocaust victims and their families.

Quick Question: Is anyone else having trouble getting beyond the first page of pics?

I agree with all of this. There is no comparison between allowing people personal agency over their bodies, and systematic discrimination and genocide. I don't think that the Holocaust is a unique event that can never happen again, and there are other genocides to compare it to, but keeping abortion legal isn't it. Equating the two shows a lack of historical insight and critical thinking skills.

Heck, I believe that 'life begins at conception' but even I think that comparisons to the Holocaust is absolutely beyond the pale.

(Also I understand that not everyone shares my moral code or belief in a soul.)

I didn't; American Rose on the memorial service pictures thread found it. Not sure how, unfortunately.

Actually I posted the first link to the burial photo. I found his Instagram from his facebook...he has posted a few pics on his wall. Instagram is an iPhone app and you can follow people, similar to twitter. I have an account but don't follow him, only checking in occasionally.

Hmmm... dare I follow Josh Duggar on FB?! Or this Instagram thing? It's SOOOOoooo tempting. But do I really want to be associated?

All idiocy/ignorance aside ('cause lord knows it's in abundance) because I don't have the stomach for it today, there is NO WAY Joshy boy could hack it in the world his parents lived in for so many years. Can you imagine this dough boy actually being frugal? Forgoing all those restaurant meals? Not driving Nascars and Hummers? Not going on vacation to nice places every fucking month of the year? Working his ass off to keep a business going because it's the only way his family is getting fed? He's gotten lucky, being the oldest + being married + popping out babies while TLC is still in the picture, plain and simple. Because that's one thing I'll give Jim Bob and Michelle. They did work their asses off to be debt-free parents of a gigantic litter. And that's about the only thing I'll give them.

Picture at the grave site--Michelle does look sad, even lost.

Just like the Keller family reunion pictures many of these seem like Josh is now getting to be a teenager.

You just don't compare anything but the Holocaust to the Holocaust.

I don't know about that. The genocide in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge I think certainly compares. 2 million dead. Forced labor, starvation, mass graves, humiliation and torture prior to execution all occured under the regime. The propaganda and indoctrination schemes laid out by the goverment rival anything the Nazis did.

Sometimes with all of the historical focus on the Holocaust in WWII, we overlook some of the other genocides that have occurred in the world even in the 20th century.

Wow, I always thought Josh was annoying and too smug for his own good but now I really hate him. Comparing abortion to the Holocuast is sick and it infuriates me that no one is ever likely to tell him that.

I don't know about that. The genocide in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge I think certainly compares. 2 million dead. Forced labor, starvation, mass graves, humiliation and torture prior to execution all occured under the regime. The propaganda and indoctrination schemes laid out by the goverment rival anything the Nazis did.

Sometimes with all of the historical focus on the Holocaust in WWII, we overlook some of the other genocides that have occurred in the world even in the 20th century.

No, I think it was its own tragedy. I just find it callous to compare awful events like those, and the Holocaust seems especially popular as a measuring stick. 9/11 is a common one, too, and yes, there were many events that took far more lives, but you just don't need to compare things like that.

I do agree that we overlook some really terrible events. I had no idea until recently how many Russians died in WWII, for instance, and I remember reading about the Armenian massacre when I was 11 and wanting to discuss it, but no one else had even heard of it.

The reason Josh made that comment is because his parents endorsed a documentary by Ray Comfort called 180. Its entire premise is to persuade pro-choice people in minutes that abortion is genocide and should be illegal by comparing it to the Holocaust. His tagline is literally, "Abortion is the next Holocaust."

heartchanger.com/iphone/endorsements.php

I remember a kid from our church going to Cambodia for a mission trip with his grandparents. He came back shell shocked. He had never ever heard of what went on there. I thought it was insane that it was never mentioned to him in school. I guess it's really common though.

I was able to look at the 1st 2 pages of pics on the web.stagram site but then it stopped loading more pics. I am able to see more pics using the instagram app on my iphone.

Hmmm... dare I follow Josh Duggar on FB?! Or this Instagram thing? It's SOOOOoooo tempting. But do I really want to be associated?

Create an alter-ego to follow the fundies, so it doesn't get traced back to you :lol:

Archived