IGNORED

Josh's Instagram

chiccy

I know this won't be a popular view since I know how Smuggar is hated here, but I don't think Josh seems so bad just going off this.

The Holocaust sign seems to be encouraging people to apply the lessons of that exhibit to other situations with the comments like "The next time you witness hatred. The next time you think about injustice" etc. Not surprising that someone who thinks abortion is socially sanctioned wide-scale killing would make a comparison there. If you're looking for something to get all worked up over, yeah, I see why you would take offense, but I see why he would say that.

I think this is one key thing to keep in mind: Abortion is not the same thing to them as it is to you. Rightly or wrongly, in their mind abortion means the death of actual babies.

It seems like some of you are hearing the comparison and think it means that they take killing Jews lightly because you perceive abortion as not being nearly so bad. However, to them, abortion is a big deal and a terrible thing, so it makes sense to them to compare it to something else that is terrible like the Holocaust.

I give him credit for acknowledging that Five Guys isn't really HEALTHY food, which may suggest more awareness than his folks seem to show. It also suggests that he seems to have some capacity for poking fun at himself, which makes me think he may be less arrogant than he seems from the TV show.

Considering how he was raised, I think he sounds like a pretty normal person in these posts. I'm not shocked or upset that he is a pretty conservative guy. I mean, what were you EXPECTING from someone was raised a Duggar?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by this picture, I think we can now safely move any comments about their (very good) financial situation out of the speculation column. This is the website of the restaurant where the picture was taken. I'm pretty sure any restaurant with $20 appetizers and "Market Price" entrees doesn't count as frugal living. Did they buy the steaks used and save the difference? Somebody hook me up to the TLC gravy steak train...

f811f3580a5d11e19896123138142014_6.jpg

Edited for grammar fail.

how did you find this lol?

I didn't; American Rose on the memorial service pictures thread found it. Not sure how, unfortunately.

Since seeing Josh's Holocaust caption, any little shred of sympathy for the Duggars I may have had in the past is obliterated. Finished. The Holocaust thing shows that willfully remaining uneducated/denying your children a real education is not just negligent; it's actually evil. I'm sure they thought they were giving their children a sterling moral upbringing with their Gothard pamphlets. Well, they were damn well mistaken.

The memorial service, and now this.

Same here. Photographing fires? Going shooting for every birthday? He looks like nothing but an ignorant hick.

He is an ignorant hick born of ignorant hicks.

3cf4f913e9f14d39b301449caf4f3d8f_7.jpg

championnwa Hmm, interesting! They didn't mention that the US human population is barely reproducing itself...we should study that, too!

AYECARAMBA!

Judging by this picture, I think we can now safely move any comments about their (very good) financial situation out of the speculation column. This is the website of the restaurant where the picture was taken. I'm pretty sure any restaurant with $20 appetizers and "Market Price" entrees doesn't count as frugal living. Did they buy the steaks used and save the difference? Somebody hook me up to the TLC gravy steak train...

f811f3580a5d11e19896123138142014_6.jpg

Edited for grammar fail.

My bet is that they were on TLC's expense account.

When he goes to restaurants at home it's always a burger or fried fast food joint. Chipotle seems as upscale as it gets for them normally.

and after theres a pic witha Gorilla stating "I know we're not related!" *eyeroll* Why is there always an agenda for these people???

championnwa Hmm, interesting! They didn't mention that the US human population is barely reproducing itself...we should study that, too!

AYECARAMBA!

Poor Anna. They really are on a quest for 20 kids, aren't they?

Was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt after the pics of him looking normal at the Keller reunion. But now? Nope. Forget it.

Yeah, this pretty much confirms my perception of him as shallow, unsophisticated, and just plain doorknob-dumb.

He, Anna, and the kids spend a lot of time traveling, given the number of plane interior, airport, and restaurant photos he's posted just in the last five months. Not all of it appears to be related to TLC and the show, either. Are they hitting the fundie circuit, making paid public appearances?

Was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt after the pics of him looking normal at the Keller reunion. But now? Nope. Forget it.

I dunno. I kind of agree with DevilsAdvocate. I just don't see it as that bad. I mean it's BAD, obviously - incredibly ignorant and offensive to anybody with half a brain. But actually, to me, he seems kind of on the normal side of fundie - yeah, he looks for any opportunity to get some attention and make some pigheaded point and push the conservative fundie agenda, but America is full of people with the same lovely qualities, we just don't know them enough or have enough access to their lives to know them as anything but Rick Perry or Michelle Bachman supporters ;)

I think the instagram of the family graveside is as honest a photo of ma and pa Duggar as you will ever see. Neither of them have their tv faces on and they both look devestated.

Speaking of which...

championnwa I still like Herman...

3w .ifollowjosh Do you like him the best out the GOP?

3w .championnwa I think he's on the top of my list right now, then Perry, (reluctantly) Gingrich...etc...Romney is down at the bottom...right before Paul!

With apologies to any Herman Cain supporters, this^ shows as well as anything what an idiot he is, IMO.

I dunno. I kind of agree with DevilsAdvocate. I just don't see it as that bad. I mean it's BAD, obviously - incredibly ignorant and offensive to anybody with half a brain. But actually, to me, he seems kind of on the normal side of fundie - yeah, he looks for any opportunity to get some attention and make some pigheaded point and push the conservative fundie agenda, but America is full of people with the same lovely qualities, we just don't know them enough or have enough access to their lives to know them as anything but Rick Perry or Michelle Bachman supporters ;)

Well I agree with all of that. But he's a public figure and I find it really hard to have anything less than contempt for people who would compare Genocide to abortion. I get that its what he's been raised to believe,but he's not living with his parents anymore. He has access to the real world. He's got a lot to learn,and I hope for his children's sake,he does so.

Speaking of which...

championnwa I still like Herman...

3w .ifollowjosh Do you like him the best out the GOP?

3w .championnwa I think he's on the top of my list right now, then Perry, (reluctantly) Gingrich...etc...Romney is down at the bottom...right before Paul!

With apologies to any Herman Cain supporters, this^ shows as well as anything what an idiot he is, IMO.

Ron Paul is the most conservative out of the whole damn group! Why do they detest him so much? Idgi..

Well I agree with all of that. But he's a public figure and I find it really hard to have anything less than contempt for people who would compare Genocide to abortion. I get that its what he's been raised to believe,but he's not living with his parents anymore. He has access to the real world. He's got a lot to learn,and I hope for his children's sake,he does so.

True dat.

Ron Paul is the most conservative out of the whole damn group! Why do they detest him so much? Idgi..

Because he's an isolationist who doesn't continually ask "who would Jesus bomb next?"

I just can't get over he has an iPhone 4S and all the things he could be looking up Teh Interwebz. Now I'm speculating the kind of sites he reads.

Because he's an isolationist who doesn't continually ask "who would Jesus bomb next?"

Im not really smart when it comes to politics unfortunately. I voted for the first time in 08 and I regret who I voted for. Lets just say Im not convinced voting is eventful. But Im trying to understand why he's at the bottom of the polls amongst conservatives,when he actually echoes most of their sentiments. Other than his issues with war. I didnt think that would make much of a difference *shrugs*.

Im not really smart when it comes to politics unfortunately. I voted for the first time in 08 and I regret who I voted for. Lets just say Im not convinced voting is eventful. But Im trying to understand why he's at the bottom of the polls amongst conservatives,when he actually echoes most of their sentiments. Other than his issues with war. I didnt think that would make much of a difference *shrugs*.

If you don't bomb for Jesus you won't bomb for Israel. He's on record saying he believes the Israeli lobby controls Washington and involves the US in foreign wars. Trust me, this negates most of his extreme right-wing credentials for many who would otherwise support his agenda.

how did you find this lol?

Well, someone else found his instagram - I just replaced a friend's username with his in the link to get to the page with all the pictures on it. :) Instagram isn't too user-friendly that way!

Well, Smuggar's world is quite small isn't it? His life in pictures consists of food, food, religious shit, food, Anna, food, Mckynzie, food, food, fast food, Michael, religious propaganda. Did I mention food? Who the fuck goes to a burger joint at 5am?!

Well, Smuggar's world is quite small isn't it? His life in pictures consists of food, food, religious shit, food, Anna, food, Mckynzie, food, food, fast food, Michael, religious propaganda. Did I mention food? Who the fuck goes to a burger joint at 5am?!

Oh, I think you forgot to mention food! :lol: I suppose they had to stop somewhere while traveling, but yeah, I wouldn't have picked the burger joint at 5 am. That's kind of gross. Maybe once in a while if you have a craving, but it seems like he always picks the burger joint! I mean, there must have been a Starbucks right next door in the airport... at least get a yogurt or fruit or something instead... How many pictures does he have of fries? It would be funny if it wasn't so scary for his health!

Oh yeah and there were some pictures of stuff burning. And food.

Theres a pic of the burial, and all the family sitting next to a marquee and tiny plot:

83e93c3e269111e19896123138142014_7.jpg

and josh states:

championnwa: Just buried my lil sis! She was only 19 weeks old...Not an easy one! God is good!

errr.... yeah

Hey dumbass! Everyone in the world knows the fetus died at 16 weeks. Not 19 weeks, not on December 2nd, but almost FOUR weeks ago!

Anna isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer, but really, who on earth deserves to be married to THAT?

I think the instagram of the family graveside is as honest a photo of ma and pa Duggar as you will ever see. Neither of them have their tv faces on and they both look devestated.

Nor are they sitting close or holding hands or touching each other. That's what struck me. Look at the placement of their chairs. At least the Mullet is touching one of her children. Wonder if she knows which one?

Archived