IGNORED

C Jane - unassisted homebirth - thoughts?

NothingLeftToLose

my second baby would only nurse on one side, and she would not take a bottle. this body did it...totally fed that baby with one boobie. i looked hilariously lopsided, but i did it!

That would have been troublesome - I relied on the kiddo to empty the girls so I could run without too much discomfort.

We had to do PT once in the afternoon, when I was pretty full and it was cold. That sucked. And then she wasn't interested in nursing when I got home.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think UC will always attract the crazies, all-natural-I-want-my-birth-experience-for-me types, and not a hundred thousand midwives next door will change that. Bet C Jane could have found a midwife if she wanted to, but she just didn't want.

Here are a few homebirth midwives in Utah county.

betterbirth.com/our-team 4 CPMs and one DEM (direct-entry-midwife--not as much training as a CPM or a CNM but better than unassisted!)

enlightenedbirth.com/ 1 CPM

greatexpectationsbc.com/ CNM in Salt Lake, but I've read that she's willing to drive to Provo to do homebirths.

There, "C Jane", there are 7 trained homebirth midwives for you to choose from. Can't afford it? Lay off the damn Anthropologie.

Both my children were born in hospital, assisted by a midwife. Both times, homebirth was planned and risked out (over relatively minor issues).

Personal story alert: with the twins, I was hugely engorged. I mean, the "girlz" were right under my chin and as hard as rocks. We had a hand-operated pump and I pumped what I could off of one breast, but I was just so exhausted from the entire twin ordeal. My husband offered to pump off the excess on the other breast and I readily agreed. So I laid back and he started carefully pumping in his usual goal-oriented style and after a minute the hilarity of the situation overcame us. I mean, I did not imagine when dating and falling in love that someday this man was going to be milking me, ffs. Apparently, he had not imagined such a scenario, either and when I started laughing, he started laughing and neither of us could stop. And then I started gasping "moo. . . moo" making us laugh even harder. :lol:

Yeah, it was very romantic :D We still talk about it every now and then. Ah, the beauty of love.

austin, you have made my night

Archived