IGNORED

Bad News for Bathroom Baby

Linnea

"I think this example of my nurturing skills has left him a little bit nervous about my ability to nurture another living thing. I tell him not to worry about the baby, because when the baby wants something, it will cry."

However, as the video posted upthread shows, when her baby cries, she chooses to keep filming instead of nurturing him. :angry-banghead:

Starry-eyed Kat, I'm with you on the white-hot rage bench. Mothering definitely doesn't come naturally to her, but I can't figure out whether she thinks she's doing a fine job of it, or whether she posts on and on about her wonderful apartment and trips to Europe as a way of compensating for some deep-seated feeling of inadequacy.

Mostly, it bums me out that her religion tells her that the only job title she should have for the next few decades is Mommy. That's guaranteed to make her miserable, and possibly stunt some children's lives in the process.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the issue is that she attempts to read him a book, and then gets mad if he isn't interested in listening, or tries to turn the pages too fast. I'm not sure if my nephew is willing to sit through a whole story yet - my last visit, he was about 2.5. He loved bringing books, and would look through them with you if you were pointing things out, but wouldn't sit through just reading. At 18 months, he mainly just wanted to flip through pages and bring lots of books over. It was adorable.

Yes this is what I meant :) I shouldn't post when barely concious. It means I am not very clear :) Of course you can read a book to a small child, but I was thinking that T1 is probably a lot like my niece who likes to turn pages and tell you about the different pictures and have you tell her about the pictures.

I also wanted to jump in on the signing thing, friends of mine taught their daughter some simple signs and she is one of the most advanced speakers I know. She is currently in kindergarten a year early.

Starryeyedcat...I keep thinking your avatar is you wearing a fancy hat!

She recently posted on her facebook(i think, it was on GOMI) that she is making $ off hate hits...please try to scale back on visiting her site, someone as smug and self absorbed as her doesnt deserve the cash, its not like shes going to spend it on her son.

Okay, classify me as a stalker. Seriously. No surprise, she has a Pinterest account too: http://pinterest.com/jennacole/ . So that makes a blog, a twitter account, facebook, a facebook account dedicated to her blog... I can't remember the rest. Seriously, no wonder her kid is so behind.

Yes this is what I meant :) I shouldn't post when barely concious. It means I am not very clear :) Of course you can read a book to a small child, but I was thinking that T1 is probably a lot like my niece who likes to turn pages and tell you about the different pictures and have you tell her about the pictures.

I also wanted to jump in on the signing thing, friends of mine taught their daughter some simple signs and she is one of the most advanced speakers I know. She is currently in kindergarten a year early.

She thinks that a 19-month-old needs to sit silently while she reads a book front to back, or it's not worth her time? WTF, has she never spent any time around children before popping out her LDS-obligatory baby? I don't have kids and don't babysit that often, but even I know that kids that age are more likely to flip through books at light speed and create a pile within an hour. When my friend's daughter was that age, she would sit through the first bunch of pages, then start flipping and say "the end!" whenever she wanted to switch to another book.

Okay, classify me as a stalker. Seriously. No surprise, she has a Pinterest account too: http://pinterest.com/jennacole/ . So that makes a blog, a twitter account, facebook, a facebook account dedicated to her blog... I can't remember the rest. Seriously, no wonder her kid is so behind.

Not to worry she's cutting back on her internet time to spend more time with her husband and the baby in the bathroom :roll:

Well she has SIX DIFFERENT BLOGS.

Photography, food, travel, scripture readings, book club and a tumblr.

Yeah.

Starryeyedcat...I keep thinking your avatar is you wearing a fancy hat!

I thought that at first also!

I just now realized that it wasn't, thanks to this post.

Hee, that's awesome! I was getting ready to switch my avatar up, but now I'm going to keep it for a bit longer. Heh, Kat in a cat hat!

I pissed off the Weddingbee twitter crowd she hangs with six months ago or I would do it. I'm still friends with some of them that see through the bullshit (like her and another couple of idiots) and I know they don't want to take sides again.

Any bets on how quickly she would flounce if she came over here? I'll give her 2 posts on FJ before we virtually rip her to shreds and she runs away.

I don't feel like giving her blog hits, so I have to ask: why does T1 sleep in the bathroom?

Because she's a bitch. SHe doesn't want to give up access to a room that she might otherwise want to use.

She just added a new post to clarify her "crappy daycare" comment from yesterday. Apparently, poor little Jenna had to live in a trailer AND be put in day care when she was young and her parents were trying to get the farm off the ground. She says she thought she was clear in differentiating between "all day care is crappy" and "crappy daycares."

Well, and if a baby is in a "crappy daycare," who picked the daycare? So did she mean that if SHE put T1 in a daycare, it would be a crappy one?

Here it is, minus the photo of the single-wide. I couldn't get it to post.

Re: My Post Yesterday

Please insert “daycare that is crappy†for “crappy daycareâ€. Reading it out loud several times before publishing it, I thought that was clear.

When I was very young my parents lived in a singlewide trailer that looked a little something like this.

(insert photo of single-wide trailer here)

They were working day and night to build up a farm from scratch with no outside help other than some massive bank loans (something that’s incredibly difficult). Working outside the home wasn’t a choice for my mom, they were doing everything they could to survive. For them, and many others, daycare and preschools are literally lifesavers.

As with all things though, there is a wide spectrum. Some facilities are fantastic, others are deplorable. I was trying to explain these kids weren’t spending time in the deplorable ones.

Archived