IGNORED

Bad News for Bathroom Baby

Linnea

Yeah, I think it's just mom & dad's bed, not his own.

But, damn, is he the cutest, most darling little boy. My brothers were white-blond little boys with bright blue eyes and little pink cheeks and seeing pics of T1 makes me all verklempt(sp?) about my little baby brothers - who are now 33 and 29 - but to me will always be those sweet towheads.

Excuse me while my Grey Goose hits me ... I need to drunk dial the baby brothers. Sob. Sob. Sob.

And because I can't say it enough: if she doesn't want him, I'll take him in a heartbeat. I'll read to him, draw with him, talk to him constantly. I'll let him make messes and run all over the house. I'll pay attention to what he likes and what he hates. I will feed him yummy food and give him a ton of hugs.

/end of drunken insanity

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately damage control. She is working really hard to seem like a normal mom here.

Yeah the baby is really cute - his parents are really good looking, as much as I depise them both

Add me to the list of people who are more engaged with their pets than she is with her son, and I don't even think of myself as a very involved cat owner. My cat is right next to me on the couch as I'm typing this, convenient for petting. And I talk to her. She doesn't understand what I say, but I still talk to her, and sing silly songs, and when I've gone to bed and she wanders around the apartment meowing, I call out to her so she knows where I am, until she comes and finds me and lies down on my shoulders.

Definately damage control. She is working really hard to seem like a normal mom here.

Yeah the baby is really cute - his parents are really good looking, as much as I depise them both

Really? I find her exceptionally unattractive. She reminds me of Jade Goody.

I do too. Her husband isn't bad looking, but TW? She has this look of constantly scowling/squinting.

Jade Goody is much better looking than she is. TW is very... plain looking. :P I have no idea what TH looks like, but I will say T1 is pretty dang cute.

Edited for spelling fail

Does he have boogers all over his face in those pictures? I have little kids and I know how it goes with messes but....seems a bit weird to do a whole photo shoot and post them to the blog with a booger-crusted face. Maybe his skin is just chapped from cold or something though.

Does he have boogers all over his face in those pictures? I have little kids and I know how it goes with messes but....seems a bit weird to do a whole photo shoot and post them to the blog with a booger-crusted face. Maybe his skin is just chapped from cold or something though.

*looks again*

No, its boogers. YEEECH!

Yeah, I noticed that too. We're in the midst of that crusty look right now since both of my kids have colds, but if I were taking/posting pictures of them, I'd be sure to wipe faces off first. Strange.

And add me to those who think TW is decidedly unattractive.

I kind of think it's unnecessarily mean to snark on someone's appearance, and not that it matters, but I think TW is fairly pretty. She reminds me of Amy Poehler a bit in some photos.

I have a sister who follows ThatWife closely and she thinks she is ugly as sin, but I think she is kinda pretty. Especially her hair; I would trade in a hot second for that mane.

I hate the fucking posing though. She does this weird hip thing and parts her lips slightly like she is trying to be a sexpot IN HER MODEST FASHION PHOTOS. The point, you do not haz.

She does this weird hip thing and parts her lips slightly like she is trying to be a sexpot IN HER MODEST FASHION PHOTOS. The point, you do not haz.

THIS!!!! She had a post from about a week ago where she was wearing bright red lipstick and giving a "Come hither" look to the camera. It wouldn't have bothered me except for the fact TW claims to be modest. Modesty is more about attitude than appearance, IMHO.

*looks again*

No, its boogers. YEEECH!

I have only read about 20% of the FJ posts on this child. It makes me too angry.

I just cannot understand this at all.

I have no problem with snarking on people's appearance, but I actually think TW is beautiful. And I'm kinda jealous of how much weight she's lost. Of course, when your headship locks up the cheese, that's a "support system" of sorts...

I have a sister who follows ThatWife closely and she thinks she is ugly as sin, but I think she is kinda pretty. Especially her hair; I would trade in a hot second for that mane.

I hate the fucking posing though. She does this weird hip thing and parts her lips slightly like she is trying to be a sexpot IN HER MODEST FASHION PHOTOS. The point, you do not haz.

That's what it is for me, if I could see a genuine smile? That reaches her eyes? She'd be a LOT prettier.

I have friends who are plain and not traditionally pretty, but in their wedding photos, when they are glowing and smiling beaming with a smile that makes their eyes crinkle up? they are the most beautiful women i've ever seen.

She looks like Peggy Olson's slightly slow sister.

Marry me?

(In all seriousness, you're dead on about Peggy Olson, although I see more "harsher older sister.")

What does "THAT wife married to THAT husband living THAT life" mean? Is it supposed to imply that she's living THAT perfect life? Kind of an odd way to put it.

Marry me?

(In all seriousness, you're dead on about Peggy Olson, although I see more "harsher older sister.")

Except that Peggy Olson's older sister seemed to be a good mother, even with a husband who just laid around on the couch. (Unless free food was in the offing.)

What does "THAT wife married to THAT husband living THAT life" mean? Is it supposed to imply that she's living THAT perfect life? Kind of an odd way to put it.

THAT person everyone is talking about. Because it doesn't matter that they're saying that mehitabel the alley cat would be a better mother--it only matters that they're talking about her. Classic narcissistic behavior.

I am finally going to stop lurking and actually start posting on this board. Hi!

Of course, when your headship locks up the cheese, that's a "support system" of sorts...

If my headship locked up the cheese, I'd have to cut him. You do NOT mess with my cheese.

So I was looking at her About Me page and discovered something: she lives in my neighborhood. :shock: It's kind of weird to know that people mentioned on this board live that close to me.

My son has speech delays as well, and while I was too dumb to look up resources earlier in his life, he's getting the help he needs now. He's six, almost seven, but he has been going to speech therapy since the age of four. It has been amazing to see (hear?) his communication skills improve over these last few years. He still has trouble verbalizing some sounds, but we're working on it.

On the topic of her parenting.....everything has been said already. I can only shake my head in disbelief at the way she treats her little boy.

I am finally going to stop lurking and actually start posting on this board. Hi!

So I was looking at her About Me page and discovered something: she lives in my neighborhood. :shock: It's kind of weird to know that people mentioned on this board live that close to me.

Welcome, Jess! That's exciting, maybe you will have a Bathroom Mama sighting. Mind you she rarely leaves her building so maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...

I think TW misses being in the spotlight at FJ...with all the Duggar posts, she's been forgotten. She has a new post up with pictures of T1 still in the bathroom, with a bottle in the microwave (who does that?), and him playing in his "cage." Oh, and the kale chips make an appearance too.

http://thatwifeblogDOTcom/2011/12/ditl- ... d-edition/

Okay, TW. You are a bad, attention-whore of a mother. Happy now?

P.S. Longtime lurker, I post only sporadically but read a lot and love the snark.

Archived