IGNORED

Teen to Brownbrack you blow

SamuraiKatz

I was trying to figure out how to post this story...what the angle would be... I love that...Dudely Authority Figures

A thoughtful editorial writer at Slate gave me the perfect quote:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... line_.html

"I suppose it's not that big a surprise that someone like Brownback, who has a strong belief that women should not be in control of their own ladyparts, would also find the notion that teenage girls have the legal right to make fun of him deeply threatening. First he comes for your abortions, then your contraception, and next any fancy electronic devices that could be used to register displeasure with dudely authority figures. "

High school tweeter gives Sam Brownback a political headache -

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationn ... dache.html

As I was running out of the house this a.m., I caught part of this on CNN. He makes himself look like a real ass. Not that that was a huge leap or anything.

Way to go, girl. I am showing this to my daughters.

The scene: A teenage girl in a high school group called Youth in Government uses her fancy new tweeting phone to exercise her constitutionally-protected right to call a governor a butthead. (Or, to be more specific, to say that he "sucked" and to create the hashtag #heblowsalot.) Her perceptive abilities proved accurate, when said Gov. Sam Brownback reveals that he uses taxpayer dollars to gather evidence that teenagers are making fun of him on Twitter, and to use that evidence to get them in trouble at school. Because the butthead quotient in this story wasn't high enough already, the school responded to Brownback's sniveling about adolescents with political opinions by attempting to force the teenage girl in question to write a letter of apology to Gov. Brownback. The teenager in question, Emma Sullivan, 18, responded by demonstrating her superior understanding of the basic principles of democracy by refusing, and instead causing the easily perturbed governor even more consternation by asking for a sit-down meeting to ask direct questions of the governor, furthering demonstrating no doubt to him that everything started to go wrong with this country when they let women have the vote.

I hope she does not get in trouble at school! I have had a bad year with high schools, I would put nothing past them at this point.

I hope she does not get in trouble at school! I have had a bad year with high schools, I would put nothing past them at this point.

Score 2 for the kid! The principal of her school is an asshat of the highest order.

Tweeting Kansas Teen Gets Apology from Gov. Brownback, Her Following Soars

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ing-soars/

"Brownback issued a statement Monday after the Shawnee Mission School District said 18-year-old Emma Sullivan wouldn't be punished for refusing to write an apology letter to the governor. Sullivan's principal had earlier demanded the letter."

I was trying to figure out how to post this story...what the angle would be... I love that...Dudely Authority Figures

A thoughtful editorial writer at Slate gave me the perfect quote:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... line_.html

"I suppose it's not that big a surprise that someone like Brownback, who has a strong belief that women should not be in control of their own ladyparts, would also find the notion that teenage girls have the legal right to make fun of him deeply threatening. First he comes for your abortions, then your contraception, and next any fancy electronic devices that could be used to register displeasure with dudely authority figures. "

High school tweeter gives Sam Brownback a political headache -

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationn ... dache.html

I love the quote from Slate!!

And if his people had, you know, ignored the tweet from someone with a mere 65 followers, no one would know anything about this situation. What kind of time does his administration have? I understand trolling the internet for mentions of his name (that's the done thing now days for public figures), but they lack the critical thinking skills to examine the source and determine the threat to his reputation amazes me. "Ooh, some high school kid doesn't like him and tweeted about it." {{insert hand-wringing here.}}

I'm glad she's not writing the apology letter. Or if she does, have it say something like, "I'm sorry Gov. Brownback cannot recognize the difference between a private opinion by a teenager with 65 Twitter followers and public satire delivered by, say, The Daily Show. This inability concerns me. I will be 18 next year and plan to vote."

Having graduated from one that randomly drug tested students who drove to school to combat drug use, yet did absolutely nothing about teen pregnancy or all the fights... fuck high schools, they are nothing but fascist oases whose priorities are massively fucking skewed.

Our local high school reserves the right to randomly drug test anyone and then give them a long term suspension for suspected drug use even if they come out clean. But if you actually have drugs, you can come back next week (if your parents are important or wealthy). The pregnant girls get pressured to drop out because they set a bad example. And this----> "fuck high schools, they are nothing but fascist oases whose priorities are massively fucking skewed."

Archived