IGNORED

Good moments in Duggar show history

dawniecakes

As a spin off of the worst moment, what moments have you enjoyed from the show?

A couple of my favorites are:

When Jill went to South America and made a REAL FRIEND! They were holding hands and they cried when she had to go back to America.

When asked about boy fans that want to date them, Jana says something negative, and Michelle almost loses it... ahh the flashes of the OLD Michelle™... she must be a force to reckon with!

When Jackson started dancing to a toy in a store and Michelle tried to explain away that no he wasn't actually dancing.... :roll:

Whenever you see actual personality from the kids like Jinger's fear of heights...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a spin off of the worst moment, what moments have you enjoyed from the show?

When asked about boy fans that want to date them, Jana says something negative, and Michelle almost loses it... ahh the flashes of the OLD Michelle™... she must be a force to reckon with!

What episode was this? Does anyone have a link for it?

My favorite moments...

1. Jill on the mission trips. She sincerely cares about people and wants to help them. And yes, she made a real friend. She would probably make many, many friends if she were allowed to get out and interact with people on a regular basis.

2. Johanna and Jackson. Those two are funny enough to be in the Little Rascals.

3. Anna taking care of baby Mackenzie. This is what a real mom does.

4. Jordyn meets Dolly Parton. Too bad Dolly couldn't keep her!

5. Any time one of the kids rolls their eyes at their parents' stupidity or shows any sign of not drinking the Kool-Aid.

6. Grandpa saying that Michelle's pregnancy-at-the-time should be the last one.

7. When older girls get the little boys to help in the kitchen-- those little boys actually LIKE to cook!

8. Jedidiah refusing to climb the wall at ATI camp.

9. Jackson Bates. The kid talks like a characters from one of those old Southern novels by Faulkner or Carson McCullers.

What episode was this? Does anyone have a link for it?

It was in an older season. The Jslaves are sitting and standing around the computer I think, and Michelle is behind them. Jana or Jessa says that the boys that contact them online are "weirdos" and Michelle gets this surprised/pissed look. She swats at whoever said it and goes "NOOOOO...." and nervously laughs.

Could be best and/or worst...

When Jill and Jana made skirts from Firefighter pants. They went to model them to the department guys and got REALLY embarrased as they realized after the fact they looked like idiots.

NO, you cannot do ANYTHING in a skirt.

Another great moment:

When the oral surgeon wouldn't cave to Jim Bob's pressure and let Josh and Joseph get their wisdom teeth out that day because they admitted to drinking sweet tea ahead of time. No Jim Bob, you cannot get everything you want just because you think you are a smooth talker.

Foundit, thanks.

Another one: Myckenzie on the Today Show looking rather unpleased and seriously tired. Children as little as this hardly suppress their real emotions. :)

While in labor, Anna cuddling Makenzie and telling her about the new baby.

Jim Bob telling Michelle how much he loves her at the vow renewal ceremony.

2. Johanna and Jackson. Those two are funny enough to be in the Little Rascals.

9. Jackson Bates. The kid talks like a characters from one of those old Southern novels by Faulkner or Carson McCullers.

Regarding Jackson Bates, I know right? lol. I love to hear that kid talk. And because I think he is just all around adoreable anyway, all I want to do is pinch his cheeks. lol. Jackson Duggar is one that I would love to have around. He's is so darn cute too. And despite the ornary streak, I think he'd be a blast to watch as a normal little kid growing up. He'd surely keep this parent on her toes. lol.

What was the episode with Grandpa speaking his mind?

I think that was when they got to the new house. Somewhere right around that time frame. Grandpa made a comment about a ladies body needing rest after birth or something. I think? Sorry my memory isn't too great but the comment may have led to the statement about them (the boobs) being done with children. There's also a chance I am way off on this memory too. lol. Hope that helps somehow in locating that clip.

Hannie and Jackson's talking head moments. Those two are great! I think they could lead the revolution if they can just hold out another dozen years or so.

I think how JimBob fawns over Michelle is really sweet. Even the way he mentions her when she's not around. You can tell he really still loves her after all these years. Michelle, on the other hand, mostly just seems embarrassed and kind of shoos him off.

I think the episode with Grandpa tellin' it like it is was the first episode where the Bateses come to visit. He says something like "At first I didn't like it but I've gotten used to it... But they shouldn't have any more, this should be IT!!! We had a measly two and were okay".

There was the time that Justin saw that Jordyn was hungry and fixed her instant oatmeal with tap water. I don't think that he was older than seven at the time.

I think how JimBob fawns over Michelle is really sweet. Even the way he mentions her when she's not around. You can tell he really still loves her after all these years. Michelle, on the other hand, mostly just seems embarrassed and kind of shoos him off.

I agree, when I was watching the Josie birth episode earlier I ended up feeling really sorry for him! When he was talking to the camera about how both mother and baby could die, you could tell it was totally genuine. He really loves his family, even if he is an idiot in many ways.

Michelle, on the other hand.... :roll:

Two high points: The first, when the oral surgeon said "absolutely not," to Jim Bob. I loved hearing him told no.

The second, in Jim Bob's defense, when they were in El Salvador(?) visiting one family, and Jim Bob asked the father how many children he had. When the father said"two died," you could almost hear Jim Bob stop breathing for an instant, and see his face fill with real grief at the horror. For an instant, I actually liked ole' Jim Bob.

Yes! I think if Michelle were to die as a consequence of this pregnancy, it would shake Jim Bob's world and he would not remarry right away and/or try to raise up another army of children. For all of his faults, JB is sensitive and is capable of love. Michelle wouldn't skip a beat if something happened to Jim Bob.

Josh I think is more like Michelle.

That look Josh gave Anna when Mackynzie was born and he gave her to Anna... So sweet. How did he go from looking so over-the-moon in love with Mackynzie's birth to taking a nap in the final stages of labor with Michael, though? O__o

Johannah/Jackson moments. I just love them!

I also enjoy the howler monkeys. What can I say, I like kids with spirit and energy! I hope that at least some of them will keep it and grow up to break away.

Everything with Joy, in a roundabout kind of way. I used to love her for her Hannie-like spirit, lately I just feel sad at how unhappy she obviously is, but at the same time the mere fact that she's unhappy and showing it on camera (likely a very costly action once the cameras go home), gives me hope for her. I just want to take her (and Josiah, and Jackson, and Johannah, and Jordyn and Jennifer before the Koolaid gets to them. And Jill, because despite her parroting the party line, I adore her for some reason) home and yell, "BE FREE, CHILDREN! FROLIC!"

Jim Bob's campout with the kids, and other sweet moments.

The brief time we actually saw J'Michelle parenting, if only to Josie. It was sweet while it lasted.

Grandpa as snarky darkhorse FJ'er in the early episodes and specials. RIP Grandpa!

Amy. Just Amy.

Yes! I think if Michelle were to die as a consequence of this pregnancy, it would shake Jim Bob's world and he would not remarry right away and/or try to raise up another army of children. For all of his faults, JB is sensitive and is capable of love. Michelle wouldn't skip a beat if something happened to Jim Bob.

Josh I think is more like Michelle.

Call me crazy, but I'm team Jim Bob too, if it's between him and J'Michelle. Up until recently I thought he was truly skeezy and manipulative and in everything for the money. Until I re-watched all the early specials, and scattered episodes across the seasons. Now it's clear to me that he's not a money-hungry manipulative fame-pimp, because that would require cunning, if only a crude form. It's J'Michelle running the show and pushing all this through.

Jim Bob is almost lovable in the way that a dumb dog is lovable. It's destructive and irritating, but at the end of the day, it's just too stupid to be held completely responsible.

I mean, think about it. Grandma and Grandpa Duggar aren't extremists and both seem to have good, if not simpleton, minds. Deanna and Amy are relatively normal. Jim Bob is dim, but it's unlikely that he's truly as deep into the fundie stuff as it appears. J'Michelle was the convert, but there's nothing that really indicates that she and Jim Bob started out as fundies. I think she took to the fundie stuff after The Miscarriage and Jim Bob is just too simple minded not to go along with it.

Archived