IGNORED

Believe it or not, the Smiling Sisters have a new episode up

annalena

First, the obvious questions. How to open a young coconut? Why a coconut? Why a YOUNG coconut? Is that a euphemism? No explanation as to why they're opening up young coconuts, except to drink the milk, which looked more like water. But is the milk of a young coconut sweeter? How is opening a young cocunut like riding a bike? Again, euphemisms.

It would be more helpful if they actually answered these questions in the video, but from looking at one of the sisters' blogs I think it's because they eat a raw food diet. IIRC a lot of the dishes one of them posted used coconut/coconut milk in the place of dairy.

I don't know about the differences between a young coconut and an older one, though, as it's not a distinction they made on the blog, again IIRC.

• 1 year later...

I've been catching up on the blond one's blog, immerwachsen.com. Apparently neither of them are on the raw diet anymore, which was a big part of their blogs. I also could've sworn the blond one posted something about having been through an abusive relationship or something along those lines, but I can't find it now.

Archived