IGNORED

Believe it or not, the Smiling Sisters have a new episode up

annalena

Guest Anonymous

Well there are more stupid how-to's on you tube so I'll give them a pass on the subject matter.

As a general issue though, I prickle when I see these kinds of "Look at us, we're fundie girls and we're cool!" promo videos. The fundie-lites on here have said in the past what lovely, fun girls they are, what a modern, fun example they set to SAHDs; what lovely friends they would be for my daughter... yada yada.

Go and get yourselves some paid employment or an education girls.... Sarah Maxwell isn't really smiling.... The Botkin Girls aren't vaguely smiling.... it's all lies and the smiles are likely to wiped off your faces too, if you hang around skinning coconuts and playing at fashion shows while life passes you by. :shock:

I found them long before FJ or fundy info, and I remember thinking they were totally insane. The one where they explained about why they stayed at home, I couldn't believe any father would want his daughters to be such a lazy burden. This is the 21st Century, you don't need a member of the family at home to wash the clothes by hand, and scrub the stone floors with a brush, and sew up rips because new clothes are too expensive... we have appliances for that. Go out and bloody do something and stop behaving like a 10 year old.

Well thank god I I know how to do the first step of opening up a young coconut now. I got bored and stopped watching. I'm sure I'll come to regret that some day.

I honestly thought they were actresses first.

O.O srsly?! If they were actresses they would be like the worst actresses ever...lol

I had the same "are they actresses?" thought when I first saw them, though if they were, they'd be really bad ones. I think it was mainly that they seemed very...fake. Maybe their delivery is just too stilted, too scripted. At times I could almost think they were satirizing fundies but not being over-the-top enough to make it clear they were doing so, because for some reason I just wasn't buying that they believed what they were saying (again, probably because they came across as stiff and stilted to me).

I just rewatched their "White Christmas" review. I think my eyeballs might be stuck from rolling them so much.

They've been around for about a year..or longer..and made like 6 episodes, 1 of which is really about them.

The rest is about opening coconuts, thrifty shopping and ancient movie reviews.

What s the point of that whole charade?!

o gods that was painful

Id like to see them tackle something more biblical

I could imagine that flat unemotional stilted style of the narrating one doing the story of Jael

'you'll need, a bowl of milk. One tent peg... and one workmans hammer or mallet'

while her sister holds up said items with a non-smile in the background

Okay, this one changed my mind. I really think it's a parody.

FIrst, you'll need a serrated knife (ooohh see how sharp it is!), a cleaver (look how big it is!), and a sharp spoon (what is a "sharp" spoon?). Blonde sister looks scary with those sharp utensils!

First, the obvious questions. How to open a young coconut? Why a coconut? Why a YOUNG coconut? Is that a euphemism? No explanation as to why they're opening up young coconuts, except to drink the milk, which looked more like water. But is the milk of a young coconut sweeter? How is opening a young cocunut like riding a bike? Again, euphemisms.

Now the important questions. What is cooking on the stove behind them? Why is their sink full of dishes? What's in all those white bowls? Who is that person who walks into the corner of the frame at 2:22? Why is there plastic sheeting and blue tape on the floor?

I just want some answers.

(BTW, I was JUST thinking about these two twits this morning!)

Edited to add: Have you been to the blonde sister's blog? She writes like she's eight years old:

"Thankfulness. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. How is that possible?! I always heard about how fast time went when you got “olderâ€. I guess this is it! I am thankful for it too. Life is precious and time is limited, so I am thankful for the time God has given me. I only hope to better manage that time in order to better serve Him."

Oh....I found out why they need the coconut milk! Blonde sister wants to be a tea drinker because "because it’s so idyllic", but sadly, she thinks it tastes awful.

"However, last season, as the temperatures gradually dropped I tried a new tea. I like to call it a yummy flavor. Chai and other spiced teas. Mmm spiced teas are delicious with a little coconut milk or almond milk and stevia. Since my new appreciation for tea other flavors have become palatable as well. My current picks are green chai tea, yerba mate, and chicory root. Loose leaf, in a cloth tea bag, because it’s cute that way."

Sign. I hate poseurs.

First, the obvious questions. How to open a young coconut? Why a coconut? Why a YOUNG coconut? Is that a euphemism? No explanation as to why they're opening up young coconuts, except to drink the milk, which looked more like water. But is the milk of a young coconut sweeter? How is opening a young cocunut like riding a bike? Again, euphemisms.

The stuff that looks like water, is coconut water, not milk. Coconut milk you get from pressing the meat of the coconut. Young coconuts have softer meat and more coconut water than older coconuts. They also have potassium, iron, vitamin c, and fiber.

That was some super-crazy editing, these girls are clearly off their rocker. Hopefully we can get a tour of their parents' house once they finish remodelling? Nothing like a someone with a 1000-yard stare holding up a cleaver to get one's culinary point across, I suppose....

Id like to see them tackle something more biblical

I could imagine that flat unemotional stilted style of the narrating one doing the story of Jael

'you'll need, a bowl of milk. One tent peg... and one workmans hammer or mallet'

while her sister holds up said items with a non-smile in the background

HAR! Literally LOLing!

I think of them as the Botkins Lite.

And am I stupid and easily influenced because I happened to be at Whole Foods today and bought one of these coconuts?

Me too! There's a dark haired one and a blond; all four have sorta creepy vacant smiles...

HAR! Literally LOLing!

And am I stupid and easily influenced because I happened to be at Whole Foods today and bought one of these coconuts?

plz tell me wtf is with teh coconutz! are they super-delicious and it took a smiling fucking SISTER to clue me in?????

plz tell me wtf is with teh coconutz! are they super-delicious and it took a smiling fucking SISTER to clue me in?????

I'll let you know as soon as I can get the motherfletcher OPEN! :evil:

Guest Anonymous
That was some super-crazy editing, these girls are clearly off their rocker. Hopefully we can get a tour of their parents' house once they finish remodelling? Nothing like a someone with a 1000-yard stare holding up a cleaver to get one's culinary point across, I suppose....

That was frightening. I'm not talking Semi-Homemade Sandra Lee frightening, either. I'm talking Lizzie Borden frightening. I bet their dad sleeps with one eye open. Pro-tip for patriarses: No one will marry your virginal darling daughters if they're fucking terrifying.

That was frightening. I'm not talking Semi-Homemade Sandra Lee frightening, either. I'm talking Lizzie Borden frightening. I bet their dad sleeps with one eye open. Pro-tip for patriarses: No one will marry your virginal darling daughters if they're fucking terrifying.

Didn't they lead a normal life before we found they turned in into what they are? so there may be doubts about the virginal part and the pure part. Well that part could have magically been restored when they became SAHOD's (stay at home older daughters)

I'll let you know as soon as I can get the motherfletcher OPEN! :evil:

You will need:

A serrated knife

A cleaver

and a sharp spoon (seriously?) to get the meat out.

These girls are either super creepy or on some sort of medication.

Okay, this one changed my mind. I really think it's a parody.

FIrst, you'll need a serrated knife (ooohh see how sharp it is!), a cleaver (look how big it is!), and a sharp spoon (what is a "sharp" spoon?). Blonde sister looks scary with those sharp utensils!

Now the important questions. What is cooking on the stove behind them? Why is their sink full of dishes? What's in all those white bowls? Who is that person who walks into the corner of the frame at 2:22? Why is there plastic sheeting and blue tape on the floor?

I just want some answers.

ME TOO. You asked all the right questions. now where do we get the answers from?

@hane : you just WATCH the video! and you'll know how to hopen! :mrgreen:

i totally don't get the point of that video. it's SO random. i mean movie review, ok, a movie i have never heard of before, but maybe it's biblical. self-introduction and "why are we smiling" make sense, at least. thrifty shopping- uber boring.

/edited for proper smiley.

Archived