IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badaboom and a cowbell :lol:

lolz. I miss Lina. She was the perfect snark for me....TW just makes me incredibly sad.

Lina will be back soon. Don't worry.

I'm guessing the second she sees that positive pregnancy test she will be flaunting it.

I just hope she'll be a better mom than TW. I think she will be. TW strikes me as somebody who really never wanted to have children at all and did it because religion made her. Lina seems to ONLY want children (and to be a wife) but she's not secure enough to just say that so she has to pretend it's Yah's grand design for all women.

OK, this woman is officially nuts... she will not watch Friends but on her latest Formspring recommends Parks and Recreation and this link to DYAC which is completely full of dirty jokes and four letter words. WTF??

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/12032/the-15-funniest-autocorrects-from-august-2011/

ETA: she will not watch Friends because of the occasional sex!

Oh I knew you as a mom of kids with Autism knew they are al so different, but I just wanted to clarify because I think a lot of people get a warped view of what Autism is really like. There is still a big stigma attached to it and lots of misconceptions. For instance, everyone who meets my kid and knows about his delays says "no way can he have autism, he's so sweet and affectionate!" And while he doesn't have an Autism diagnosis, it is a possibility. I think it's really sad though that so many people think a child with Autism couldn't be happy or affectionate!

Warped view of autism?

I'm someone who actually deals with moderately to profoundly autistic children, and I kind of have to bite my tongue with the "autistic spectrum" folks. Yeah, your kid is weird (I was a weird kid too and have spent enough time in psych hospitals to add to my cred) but, hey, at least your kid will be potty trained, have an IQ over 60, not have to wear a helmet everywhere, and probably able to live a life outside of an institution/group home or at least look forward to being able to bag groceries for a living. Doesn't make having to parent your particular brand of odd kid any easier but it's probably quite a bit easier than some have it.

/flaps hands, bangs head against wall, and has massive Peptamen Jr poop in diaper just to prove things

lolz. I miss Lina. She was the perfect snark for me....TW just makes me incredibly sad.

Lina was pure snark, there were no real victims yet. That Mom has a victim, and that victim is a defenseless child that has to sleep next to a toilet.

Warped view of autism?

I'm someone who actually deals with moderately to profoundly autistic children, and I kind of have to bite my tongue with the "autistic spectrum" folks. Yeah, your kid is weird (I was a weird kid too and have spent enough time in psych hospitals to add to my cred) but, hey, at least your kid will be potty trained, have an IQ over 60, not have to wear a helmet everywhere, and probably able to live a life outside of an institution/group home or at least look forward to being able to bag groceries for a living. Doesn't make having to parent your particular brand of odd kid any easier but it's probably quite a bit easier than some have it.

/flaps hands, bangs head against wall, and has massive Peptamen Jr poop in diaper just to prove things

Huh? 1) you know almost nothing about my child, his issues, the amount of support he needs or what his future will be like and 2) yeah, there are very severe cases of Autism. My only point is they aren't all like that. I never claimed the severe cases didn't exist, just that there is more to it than that. Thinking ALL cases of Autism are like the most extreme cases IS a warped view of the disorder.

Warped view of autism?

I have a friend whose kid has diagnosed autism and sensory processing issues, and he (the kid) is THE most affectionate kid I have met. Ever. He hugs both me and my husband when we visit and will walk up to random people asking for a hug.

I have a friend whose kid has diagnosed autism and sensory processing issues, and he (the kid) is THE most affectionate kid I have met. Ever. He hugs both me and my husband when we visit and will walk up to random people asking for a hug.

Yep. There is a sweet little guy in my son's pre-school who is diagnosed moderate to severe with an IQ of 65 and he is the most darling little guy. Very affectionate and happy 90% of the time. Even the more severe cases don't all fit the stereotype.

As usual, I'm late to the party.

I got to page 13 and read this blog through Sept 13th before having anxiety. In an effort of full disclosure, I had a bottle until I rode a bike. Not a tricycle, a bike. The only way my mom got it away from me is so that "Santa" would bring me said bike. And after that, I refused to drink milk out of a cup. I'm almost 32 years old and the taste of milk is disgusting for me. Flame me if you wish, but my 17 month old still has his "ba-ba". Ah, all the things you say you'll never do as a parent. He only took a paci for 4 months and spit it out... his brother refused to take one after the first month or so too. It's the only thing my oldest will take for comfort -- and I am fanatical about making sure his teeth are brushed. However, his speech is amazing for a 17 month old (over 30 words -- new words this week are: truck, yellow, hot, & sock) and his cognitive ability is above average as well. I just won't let him cry for his bottle. He drinks everything else out of a sippy cup, just refuses to drink milk out of it.

But each of my kids have their own room with their own crib. My bathroom is bigger than both of their rooms put together and the toilet is in it's own little "closet". Oldest son has "slept" in there once -- I needed to get a shower and get the baby throw up out of my hair and he refused to sit in his bouncey seat (where he usually sat when I pumped breast milk). So I laid him down on towels and a blanket and the kiddo fell asleep -- he was maybe a few months old. Back then, you could eat off of my floors. Not so much now with two under two. I'd rather play with them than clean -- lol, and it shows. Both kiddos are well adjusted and I know I need to get him off the bottle, I just feel like his whole little world was upended when we brought his brother home that he'll give it up when he's ready.

It also makes me sad that that beautiful little boy isn't treated like an annoyance. I sing constantly and know all the books by heart around here. I wish he could come live here for awhile. My oldest son is literally as big as a 3 year old and strong is strong as an ox, this kid woulndn't be able to push him around (ie, "get so excited") so maybe he could learn some appropriate play. Sad situation.

Off to have a pity-party of one with my lasagna that is almost ready.

~Holly

As usual, I'm late to the party.

I got to page 13 and read this blog through Sept 13th before having anxiety. In an effort of full disclosure, I had a bottle until I rode a bike. Not a tricycle, a bike. The only way my mom got it away from me is so that "Santa" would bring me said bike. And after that, I refused to drink milk out of a cup. I'm almost 32 years old and the taste of milk is disgusting for me. Flame me if you wish, but my 17 month old still has his "ba-ba". Ah, all the things you say you'll never do as a parent. He only took a paci for 4 months and spit it out... his brother refused to take one after the first month or so too. It's the only thing my oldest will take for comfort -- and I am fanatical about making sure his teeth are brushed. However, his speech is amazing for a 17 month old (over 30 words -- new words this week are: truck, yellow, hot, & sock) and his cognitive ability is above average as well. I just won't let him cry for his bottle. He drinks everything else out of a sippy cup, just refuses to drink milk out of it.

T1 having a bottle isn't what anyone has a problem with (at least not from what I've seen - correct me if I'm wrong). It's the fact that she used to put him in a carrier or seat, prop up the bottle, and have absolutely zero contact with him during feeding. Then, she complained about not bonding with him... and was blind to the correlation.

I hope that for whatever reason she's spending all that extra time with her baby.

When she posted about going back to school for 6 weeks and cutting back from her blog and how her husband said that realistically she was not going to stop blogging so she now gets 30 minutes of computer time a day to do whatever she likes. Sounds like her husband told her she ould go back to school if she spent more time with him and less on blogging.

So since shes no longer spending 11 hours a day on the computer I wonder if they will finally get a crib and let T1 have his own space.

T1 having a bottle isn't what anyone has a problem with (at least not from what I've seen - correct me if I'm wrong). It's the fact that she used to put him in a carrier or seat, prop up the bottle, and have absolutely zero contact with him during feeding. Then, she complained about not bonding with him... and was blind to the correlation.

That just amazed me. I couldn't imagine proping a bottle up and leaving him there to suck it. Sometimes my infant can't eat his bottle for smiling and laughing at me and I love it. I miss being apart of the daily dialogue on FJ, being on FB, etc. but those are things that I can do after the kiddos go to bed! Hell, they go to bed at 7:30 at the latest! Her little boy will only be this little once. I hate that she's missing it because she has to blog and so forth.

I didn't mention that before because I figured it was mentioned enough and I didn't want to beat the horse once it was dead and buried. But, yes, the disconnect between not spending time with her child and not grasping why she wsn't bonding with him/he was having issues just blows my mind.

I didn't mention that before because I figured it was mentioned enough and I didn't want to beat the horse once it was dead and buried. But, yes, the disconnect between not spending time with her child and not grasping why she wsn't bonding with him/he was having issues just blows my mind.

I just didn't want you to think that everyone was against bottles altogether. And you know what? If your toddler still having a bottle works for your family, then so be it.

That just amazed me. I couldn't imagine proping a bottle up and leaving him there to suck it. Sometimes my infant can't eat his bottle for smiling and laughing at me and I love it. I miss being apart of the daily dialogue on FJ, being on FB, etc. but those are things that I can do after the kiddos go to bed! Hell, they go to bed at 7:30 at the latest! Her little boy will only be this little once. I hate that she's missing it because she has to blog and so forth.

I know, isn't that unbelievable? And it's not like people haven't told her over and over on her blog, if she hadn't known before that babies should be held while being fed.

In other news, she made the front page of GOMI and spawned another 500 comments or so.

http://getoffmyinternets.net/2011/11/03/bathroom-baby-saga-allegedly-continuing-at-grandmas/#comments

I just didn't want you to think that everyone was against bottles altogether. And you know what? If your toddler still having a bottle works for your family, then so be it.

Oh, I know. It is just an insecurity on my part. I know he technically should be off the bottle by now.

Is this little boy STILL in the pack-n-play? Or was that just in 2010? (sorry if that's been answered already.) I dread going places that required my oldest to sleep in one for more than a day. It is just uncomfortable. And it looked like she got the mini-version. There is now way our p-n-p would fit in that bathroom.

That triple-diaper pic may finally be the explanation for fundie-man buffalo stance.

Poor kid.

As a cloth diapering mom, there were times when my older son looked like that. Cloth diapers are bulky and if you put a doubler in for over night, well, baby got back as they say. At one point I had to put two DISPOSABLE diapers on him at a time because he peed so much at night. And all this was in his sleep. If he woke up, I would change him, but he would just sleep through and pee. My mom taught me the double diaper trick and said she used to do the same with me. And neither of my kids had or have diaper rash.

But I've also put him in a pack n play in the bathroom when I stayed at motels a couple of times, so I guess I've got different standards.

Honestly, there are a lot of crazies we snark on here, but ThatWife doesn't come across as all that bad to me. In love with herself and an oversharer, sure, but not crazy like Emily and Dna or the women with all the kids sleeping on bunkbeds in a single room.

Look at this video she has posted on Tumblr--it's happy, not sad. It is world-class levels of cute. Toddler dancing is SO FUNNY. He's like, booty-popping and then he looks at her like "What's so funny?"

thatwife.tumblr.com/post/12331272360/dance-party

Oh, I know. It is just an insecurity on my part. I know he technically should be off the bottle by now.

Is this little boy STILL in the pack-n-play? Or was that just in 2010? (sorry if that's been answered already.) I dread going places that required my oldest to sleep in one for more than a day. It is just uncomfortable. And it looked like she got the mini-version. There is now way our p-n-p would fit in that bathroom.

He is now 18 months and still in a pack and play in the washroom with no signs of him moving.

As a cloth diapering mom, there were times when my older son looked like that. Cloth diapers are bulky and if you put a doubler in for over night, well, baby got back as they say. At one point I had to put two DISPOSABLE diapers on him at a time because he peed so much at night. And all this was in his sleep. If he woke up, I would change him, but he would just sleep through and pee. My mom taught me the double diaper trick and said she used to do the same with me. And neither of my kids had or have diaper rash.

I used to put an overnight maxipad in DSs nighttime diaper. So at night, he would wear a special nighttime, extra absorbent diaper with an overnight maxipad inside.

But I've also put him in a pack n play in the bathroom when I stayed at motels a couple of times, so I guess I've got different standards.

Honestly, there are a lot of crazies we snark on here, but ThatWife doesn't come across as all that bad to me. In love with herself and an oversharer, sure, but not crazy like Emily and Dna or the women with all the kids sleeping on bunkbeds in a single room.

Okay, cloth diapers- yes, I can see that happening. Particularly prefolds, which is what it seems she is using. I cloth diapered too and we had to really double up for nights or else she'd be sopping wet. I used pocket diapers with a prefold and a doubler stuffed inside (or else two microfiber inserts) and that was just barely enough to get to 6am or so.

Archived