IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

I posted this over at GOMI as well but I just wanted to see FJ's take on it as well:

Oh lord, I just had to repost this here.

OMG Mom Mandy made a post about potty training her daughter Mia. This was Jennas response.

(Thread here http:// theomgmom. com/?p=1362#comments)

"We are working on this a little bit right now. I empty his poopy diapers out into the toilet and let him flush and wave bye-bye. I also squat over his toilet seat (it sits on the toilet, it’s not the little chair kind) and let him watch the pee come out of me. He’s starting to tell us when he’s going poop by pointing to his bum, so we are making slow progress, but I don’t expect him to be trained anytime soon.

I want to live somewhere with hardwood floors, I’d like to go diaper free right out the gate but we have carpet in every room other than the kitchen."

Let me just bold for emphasis.

I also squat over his toilet seat (it sits on the toilet, it’s not the little chair kind) and let him watch the pee come out of me.

….

Maybe I'm crazy but…isn't this a little weird? Maybe daddy should be teaching him since their equipment is the same? I'm no prude, I don't think its insane for a kid to see his parents genitals but…so purposefully?

I think it's slightly weird to do and INCREDIBLY weird to write about in so much detail on your blog.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jennacole Jenna Cole

incredibly well. She took notes and consulted with me. The dev therapist is older, more like having an elderly neighbor over. What to do?

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

her there but I can tell it's not going to mean rapid progress for him. The speech therapist is young, quick, and directs his attention

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

T1 had developmental therapy today. I was not impressed with her, but I know coming to us means a job for her. It's not a bad thing to have

14 Nov

I'm glad he's getting therapy!

It's a little weird, but not off the charts. The really weird thing is that she writes about it on a public forum! She is so oddly exhibitionist. It's like she is trying to run a freak show and only shows the most controversial parts of her life on purpose.

Maybe I'm crazy but…isn't this a little weird? Maybe daddy should be teaching him since their equipment is the same? I'm no prude, I don't think its insane for a kid to see his parents genitals but…so purposefully?

OMFG!!! Can't we just go right to the PP method and use Cheerios? I see no reason why she needs to do this. I haven't known anyone who potty-trained their kiddos by showing where the tinkle comes from. It's kind of self-explanatory.

I don't always shut the door when I use the bathroom in front of my son but I don't make a big display either. I think it's weird that she leaves his seat there while she pees.

I guess what boggles my mind the most is I don't see how watching his MOM pee is going to help him. He's what...a year and a half old? Does he really understand the girl/vagina boy/penis thing? I'd assume no. So how is watching someone with completely different equipment use the bathroom going to help him make the connection?

I think peeing with the door open and having your child watch where your pee comes from are completely different things.

I could be completely off base about this but it just seems so...odd.

Oo, when we put together the play list for "Songs of the Hive Vagina," can we please include "Lock Up the Cheese"? Thoughtful already wrote those awesome lyrics. All we need is a melody and a bass line.

Edited to add: We could also have a rap called "Watch the pee/Come out of me."

Oo, when we put together the play list for "Songs of the Hive Vagina," can we please include "Lock Up the Cheese"? Thoughtful already wrote those awesome lyrics. All we need is a melody and a bass line.

Oh, it has one -- it was a parody of Lock Up Your Daughters:

wibTX-PVoM0

I posted this over at GOMI as well but I just wanted to see FJ's take on it as well:

Oh lord, I just had to repost this here.

OMG Mom Mandy made a post about potty training her daughter Mia. This was Jennas response.

(Thread here http:// theomgmom. com/?p=1362#comments)

"We are working on this a little bit right now. I empty his poopy diapers out into the toilet and let him flush and wave bye-bye. I also squat over his toilet seat (it sits on the toilet, it’s not the little chair kind) and let him watch the pee come out of me. He’s starting to tell us when he’s going poop by pointing to his bum, so we are making slow progress, but I don’t expect him to be trained anytime soon.

I want to live somewhere with hardwood floors, I’d like to go diaper free right out the gate but we have carpet in every room other than the kitchen."

Let me just bold for emphasis.

I also squat over his toilet seat (it sits on the toilet, it’s not the little chair kind) and let him watch the pee come out of me.

….

I really think she doesn't "get" normal things. Hardwood floors would get just as damaged as carpet from a kid peeing all over them. (maybe tile would work?) Just having your son watch you pee is really odd too.

Holy crackers. I have literally done nothing today with most of my kids on various outings, and I have a headache from being on the computer, and I still haven't managed to log even half of her 11 hours.

WTF.

What a weirdo. I'm not sure she's exactly worst mother of the year, but she's definitely weird.

The pee thing is weird too.

We're not prudes over here, our kids see us naked all the time, but that's just weird. Why would you write about it and blog all the details?

Someone said today that he sat her down at one point and said, "So what are we going to do about your weight?"

Yeah, I can't imagine a healthy, happy marriage where those words ever happen.

"Well, I'm going to use it to sit on you until you shut the fuck up about it already. How does that sound?"

I think it's slightly weird to do and INCREDIBLY weird to write about in so much detail on your blog.

The weird part is consciously trying to show your 1.5 year old how you pee and then telling the whole world about it via your public blog.

Now, I have 2 boys, 8 and 2.5 years old. My 2.5 year old showers with me sometimes because I don't want the house destroyed and him out the front door when I get out of the shower, and I NEED my shower, thankyouverymuch. It's no big deal. Well, it's much faster when I'm showering alone, but oh well. They both will walk in on me when I'm going to the bathroom; the oldest wants to tell me something - usually a joke that's funny to an 8 year old, but not adults (sorry sweetie, it's true! But I still love you, kiddo) - or he wants to tell me something that's important to him but really *can* wait until I'm out of the bathroom. The funny thing is, when the 8 year old was around 3 or 4, he asked me, "Mom, do you pee with your butt?" It still makes me chuckle when I think about it. I figure, why bother closing the door when I go to the bathroom because the youngest one will try desperately to come in (why???) by kicking the door, and my oldest will just stand outside and talk to me through the door, so why bother closing it? Even my husband will talk to me through the door when, *ahem,* I would like some privacy, please and thank you. But, I don't have a blog and I don't tell the whole world about my bathroom habits. Apparently, I only tell those here on FJ. You're welcome! :D

Hey - at least she didn't take pictures of herself doing the pee demonstration and then post them on her blog for the whole world to see.

Isnt she sort of setting him up to fail if hes cognitvely delayed and trying to potty train him? Shouldnt she be focused on getting him up to speed on other things first?

Also several kids I know were terrified of those mini seats on big toilets, which I get because giant, noisy, water gets sucked away = scary!

Maybe read up on potty training before squating over a tiny toilet seat and peeing.

I'm still focused on this:

jennacole Jenna Cole

incredibly well. She took notes and consulted with me. The dev therapist is older, more like having an elderly neighbor over. What to do?

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

her there but I can tell it's not going to mean rapid progress for him. The speech therapist is young, quick, and directs his attention

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

T1 had developmental therapy today. I was not impressed with her, but I know coming to us means a job for her. It's not a bad thing to have

14 Nov

That Poor Child has had one session with the developmental therapist, and That Idiot is wondering "what to do" because, in her infinite wisdom, she can tell "it's not going to mean rapid progress for him"?!?!? I take that to mean she's wondering whether to continue the therapy or not. Because obviously, she knows better than a trained professional.

Of course, she also said, before speech therapy had even started, that she was sure it would be over and done before next summer, so she could blithely go off and play co-ed.

Ugh. Just ugh.

TW also posted recently that there will be no second child until she loses 40 lbs :geek: - So, it may be awhile before T1 gets a sibling. And TH better keep that cheese locked up.

Honey, speech therapy isn't rapid. It's slow and plodding and will drive you insane with repetition. The goal isn't to get it over with quickly. The goal is that your child can learn to communicate in a setting that is fun for him without so much pressure that he gets frustrated.

About potty training, if his only delay is speech then potty training isn't a problem. Peeing over his seat is just weird though even if it was her husband instead of her. Kids old enough to be trained usually know where it comes from. Holding it in and letting it out when they want is what takes learning.

No 2nd child until she loses weight? Is anyone else betting that those pesky 40 pounds stick forever?

TW also posted recently that there will be no second child until she loses 40 lbs :geek: - So, it may be awhile before T1 gets a sibling. And TH better keep that cheese locked up.

I hope she picks the lock and goes on a cheese bender. That woman does not need another baby!

He is young, especially considering that he has cognitive delays. I usually start at 2 1/2 with boys and it goes pretty quick. No use starting potty training before they are ready; it just leads to this long power struggle.

How I do it: I fill them with water and fluid, sit them on the potty and read to them or let them watch a movie on my laptop. When they pee, which is inevitable, I make a big deal. Like, throw a party with balloons and cupcakes. After that, they are very inclined to pee in the toilet and I kind of taper off with the rewards, giving stickers for the first few weeks and then nothing. Training for number two takes a little longer, but no one likes to sit in their poo so it usually goes pretty fast. The secret is to never demand that they go to the bathroom. Just reward when they do, and matter-of-factly change the clothes when they don't.

Ah, this makes me appreciate our admins even more. Thank you for speaking calmly and not attributing motives to people!

"if you people start interfering in actual peoples' lives" - uhm, the people in these blogs? they're actual people. you might not be able to poke them, but they're real and exist, i promise.

"I will shut down these forums" yes, because your opinion is what matters and the forums are yours only. I know Alecto owns and people donated here, but I'm fairly certain that if something disasterous happened, we'd pop up again, because even though we're set up with owners and mods now, the community is still the integral part.

"just because you can't keep your emotions under control" I don't think anyone here has ever called CPS out of anything other than concern for innocent children. If that's an emotion that should be controlled, well, screw you.

Wah. Wah. Wah. :naughty:

I really think she doesn't "get" normal things. Hardwood floors would get just as damaged as carpet from a kid peeing all over them. (maybe tile would work?) Just having your son watch you pee is really odd too.

Well, she did write on her blog about how she was just letting it flow all over the place when she was in labor. Granted, she put pads on the floor, but still.

I don't think that hardwood floors getting damaged would be a big deal to her if she is perfectly fine walking around in her own pee.

She was living in a different place when That Poor Child was born, not her current carpeted apartment.

(I know way too much about this woman's life.)

Well, she did write on her blog about how she was just letting it flow all over the place when she was in labor. Granted, she put pads on the floor, but still.

I don't think that hardwood floors getting damaged would be a big deal to her if she is perfectly fine walking around in her own pee.

:shock: That is absolutely disgusting. I've given birth twice, and it has never involved willingly urinating on the floor. Now having your water break is one thing, but just pissing all over the place is another. :?

She is weird as hell

Archived