IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

That wife reads here. Her tumbler is a reaction to our posts.Perhaps if we continue to post about T1 sleeping next to a shitter, she would reconsider and give the child a real room to live in.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, cloth diapers- yes, I can see that happening. Particularly prefolds, which is what it seems she is using. I cloth diapered too and we had to really double up for nights or else she'd be sopping wet. I used pocket diapers with a prefold and a doubler stuffed inside (or else two microfiber inserts) and that was just barely enough to get to 6am or so.

I cloth diapered too, she was outting him in 3 prefolds so she didnt have to change him for 12 hours. Twelve freaking hours.

That wife reads here. Her tumbler is a reaction to our posts.Perhaps if we continue to post about T1 sleeping next to a shitter, she would reconsider and give the child a real room to live in.

I don't think that will happen. She seems like the type that wouldn't take advice from anyone even a friend or a relative.

Only a nanny, but I did have one sweet little boy who simply would not eat if he was held. He was so distracted, trying to get my attention, that I had to put him in his swing (while it was not running) and hold his bottle for him, while not looking at him. If I so much as looked at him, he would stop eating and start "flirting." He was a terrible eater in general, both for me and his mom. If I looked at him while he ate, he would "flirt" too much to actually ingest food. That being said, we never propped his bottle, I always held it for him until he was old enough to hold it himself (at which point he finally started to really gain weight since he wasn't too busy "flirting" instead of eating), and even then I watched him to make sure there were no problems.

I cloth diapered too, she was outting him in 3 prefolds so she didnt have to change him for 12 hours. Twelve freaking hours.

Only a nanny, but I did have one sweet little boy who simply would not eat if he was held. He was so distracted, trying to get my attention, that I had to put him in his swing (while it was not running) and hold his bottle for him, while not looking at him. If I so much as looked at him, he would stop eating and start "flirting." He was a terrible eater in general, both for me and his mom. If I looked at him while he ate, he would "flirt" too much to actually ingest food. That being said, we never propped his bottle, I always held it for him until he was old enough to hold it himself (at which point he finally started to really gain weight since he wasn't too busy "flirting" instead of eating), and even then I watched him to make sure there were no problems.

I think all of the disturbing things about ThatWife can be explained away if each one were the only troubling thing she did. The problem I have is that she so openly does not care about that baby - bottle-propping, bathroom-sleeping, cage-locking, speech-therapy-avoiding, contemplating how great life would be if he died, etc, etc, ETC! It goes on and on. Any one thing could be dismissed or forgiven. It's the combination that's so disturbing.

I don't think that will happen. She seems like the type that wouldn't take advice from anyone even a friend or a relative.

If she hasn't by now, she won't. she'll stack all her babies in there like cordwood. She's obviously selfish to not care that her baby sleeps next to a toilet. And when her kid finds her blog (because you know loads of people are taking screenshots so even if she deletes the blog, her kid will find out how much she hated him for making her fat) he will know just how selfish and abusive she is. I really do not understand why selfish, empty people like her (who only had a kid because her church told her to) can have a baby so easily and people that really want babies, and would actually love them and not have them sleep next to a toilet, can't.

Damn , I had a whole message to ThatWife and it was erased. Shoot.

Anyway, ThatWife, if you are reading, get T1 a proper crib. Then he will sleep better and he won't need the total darkness of the bathroom. If he still needs total darkness, get some ladies from your church to help you make blackout curtains. I'm thinking maybe you haven't done either of these things because you plan to move soon, but seriously, both will make your life so much easier. Also, get started on the EI right away. T1 is in a critical stage for his cognative development, especially speech. You can't put this off without adversely affecting him. I don't think you are a shitty mom, but sometimes when we are in the middle of something, we can't see it clearly and we need people from the outside to give us a reality check. Use this experience to make positive changes in your life.

What did you give her advice on?

Pretty general mommying stuff

ETA: I was totally sincere in my advice/well-wishing to her, btw. I really do want things to turn around for that family, all snark aside. This is one of the saddest blogs I've ever read.

I am dipping my toe into the shallow end of the pool here, ok....but I read most of this thread without seeing any pics of her or the husband. I finally went to their blog, and was astounded to find such attractive, well to do people. I guess I was expecting toothless frumpy looking people.

Interesting - I just got an email reply from her. She was quite gracious and humble.

Are you sure she wasn't being sarcastic? Seriously?

I am dipping my toe into the shallow end of the pool here, ok....but I read most of this thread without seeing any pics of her or the husband. I finally went to their blog, and was astounded to find such attractive, well to do people. I guess I was expecting toothless frumpy looking people.

I know! It reinforces how selfish she is- that she won't get a proper crib for her baby but dresses to the nines.

I guess it's a little hard to tell online but it didn't seem sarcastic.

Interesting - I just got an email reply from her. She was quite gracious and humble.

In general she is a nice, polite and gracious. Ive had a few convos with her and she is always thankful and sweet, I actually believe she is a nice person in general but I also think that there may be a part of her that resents her life and resents lds and it makes her have poor judgement. She has said things in the past that read like "this is what the lds plan is so i do it." I get the feeling she daydreams a lot about what her life would be like if she didnt follow lds but is too scared to even go there a tiny bit because her whole identity is being lds.

I guess it's a little hard to tell online but it didn't seem sarcastic.

Hmm. Maybe she'll take the advice and get some help. I do wonder if she has Post Partum Depression. If that's not treated and monitored before her next pregnancy, it will only continue to get worse with each baby.

ETA: I was totally sincere in my advice/well-wishing to her, btw. I really do want things to turn around for that family, all snark aside. This is one of the saddest blogs I've ever read.

It is a sad blog. I hope things turn out well for her baby.

This really shocks me, but makes me hopeful. Perhaps she's capable of hearing several hundred people saying "this is not ok", and will realise that it's... not ok?

This really shocks me, but makes me hopeful. Perhaps she's capable of hearing several hundred people saying "this is not ok", and will realise that it's... not ok?

Uuuh, the baby is still sleeping in the fucking bathroom. That kid is doomed.

Uuuh, the baby is still sleeping in the fucking bathroom. That kid is doomed.

Cumulatively the blog is such a train wreck. I want to believe that something's going to change, that she'll realise that putting your kid in a portacrib in a bathroom when you have two massive bedrooms and a massive living room with space to spare is fucked up.

Cumulatively the blog is such a train wreck. I want to believe that something's going to change, that she'll realise that putting your kid in a portacrib in a bathroom when you have two massive bedrooms and a massive living room with space to spare is fucked up.

Yeah, and the baby isn't really a baby anymore - isn't he like 18 months or so? Waaaay overdue for a nice comfy bed and a bit more space than the freaking bathroom! Sheesh!

I've been reading this thread from the start and have looked through her blog but haven't found some of the posts mentioned. Would someone mind telling me the links for the post where there is the video of the baby in the bath and almost slipping and she does nothing? And the post where she talks about him dying and life being easier? I'm sorry I'm lazy ha. I would appreciate it

She might come off as a crap mom, but yeah she is gorgeous imo. I would kill for her hair.

Archived