IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

Seriously? Is that posted in the comments? That's sad - I liked that site, but banning people from talking about another site seems pretty lame.

Page 28 of the That Wife thread in the GOMI forums.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup it is Beeks, she/he is fearful of litigation.

That seems....odd to me. I personally would not call CPS on TW (I wouldn't call her church either) but I can 100% understand people who do. I don't think TW would have a cause of action against ANYONE for calling on her. The amount of information she has posted that points to neglect, or at the very least a woman who needs some help, is overwhelming. What the heck would she sue the owner of GOMI for?

ETA: I wonder if she has had legal threats in the past and is just overly paranoid now - because her reaction seems pretty extreme/bitchy. Maybe she's just PO'd that our board got publicity on her site.

That seems....odd to me. I personally would not call CPS on TW (I wouldn't call her church either) but I can 100% understand people who do. I don't think TW would have a cause of action against ANYONE for calling on her. The amount of information she has posted that points to neglect, or at the very least a woman who needs some help, is overwhelming. What the heck would she sue the owner of GOMI for?

I think it's less that she's afraid that the members on GOMI are doing something that they can be sued for and more that she's an unemployed programmer who is afraid that any type of legal proceedings could interfere with her current income source.

I've never understood this. I have LDS friends who are super modest in daily life but then wear bikinis at the pool. I asked about it and they were all like "well it depends on the situation blah blah." But sorry, how is it ok for a bunch of guys to ogle you at the pool but not at, say, the mall? I mean I get dressing up for church/temple but it seems odd to be so crazy about not wearing tank tops to the store on a hot day but then lounge around in a bikini.

eta: riffle

I agree, it does seem hypocritical and rather stupid. I don't know any bikini wearing LDS women, not even my younger cousins, so I can't ask, "what the heck?" I can say, when I was growing up it was stressed that one of the reasons to dress modestly was so your garments didn't show. That was for both males and females. I have noticed too, that the "rules" in general seem more lax. One aspect of the Mormon culture I didn't like was that pressure to look perfect at all times. I joke I have great teeth because I come from a Mormon family, and bad teeth are not allowed. So, maybe the bikini wearing falls under the expectation to look perfect. I realize I am rambling, but I am tired and can't sleep. Forgive me.

getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum/lifestyle-bloggers/that-wife/page-28/

Yeah you know what? I'm getting fucking sick of hearing about what "freejinger" people are doing. This is GOMI. If whoever those people are want to be online avengers that is their choice, but please stop bringing their activities over here as if GOMI should be following their lead. If you people start interfering in actual peoples' lives or agitating for others to do so I will shut down these forums. I don't need to get sued just because you can't keep your emotions under control and confine it to the internets.

Ah, this makes me appreciate our admins even more. Thank you for speaking calmly and not attributing motives to people!

"if you people start interfering in actual peoples' lives" - uhm, the people in these blogs? they're actual people. you might not be able to poke them, but they're real and exist, i promise.

"I will shut down these forums" yes, because your opinion is what matters and the forums are yours only. I know Alecto owns and people donated here, but I'm fairly certain that if something disasterous happened, we'd pop up again, because even though we're set up with owners and mods now, the community is still the integral part.

"just because you can't keep your emotions under control" I don't think anyone here has ever called CPS out of anything other than concern for innocent children. If that's an emotion that should be controlled, well, screw you.

I was going to start following GOMI but now I'm thinking not worth it. I can't stand heavy-handed mods.

:clap: for our mods, who do a truly wonderful job.

You can't be sued over reporting to CPS if you sincerely believe that a child is being neglected or abused. Plus, TW has a public blog, it isn't like GOMI members of FJ avengers are getting their information from an illegal source. Alice needs to get a grip.

Alice Walker Wright is the blog owner. She's got a public profile, and a web cam.

Thanks for the link.

lol, Alice. Grab the handrail, honey.

So she's going to tell her community that they can't ever take any action about what these crazees post with photographs regarding neglecting and/or abusing their children, or she will shut down her forums? Well, no big loss there, if that's how she feels.

I am sometimes conflicted with the calling of CPS thing. There are cases where I am not, such as the hobbit something site where the bright, shiny young couple were having multiple spanking sessions with their eight month old because she didn't lie right down and go to sleep. He was a grad student and she was a homemaker, and when CPS showed up, they were able to convince the CPS employee that all was well, misunderstanding, blah, blah, which didn't surprise me in the least. Hopefully, they got the message that your child is not your own to do whatever you want with. People will drop a dime on you if you abuse your kid and they find out about it, especially if you're boasting about it on your blog.

I wish Hana's "mother" (Carrie Williams) had been a blogger so that we could have called on her. Or Lydia's "mother". If Emma hadn't already given up those poor Haitian children, I'm sure an FJer (or 100) would have called on her.

We don't claim to "know them IRL"; all we have to go on is their own words and photographs, and when it gets over the top, usually an FJer will step up and call. CPS can sort it out, and in most cases (all too many, IMO), CPS is not super-inclined to remove children, but they can offer other services (which Jenna seems to need). Anyway, I am not going to lose a wink of sleep over that. Considering all the fundies we keep an eye on, it's actually not that common of a thing for anyone on FJ to call CPS anyway.

And it's not like anyone was egging others on to report things. Someone (or multiple people) saw photographic and written evidence of a child possibly being neglected. Many of us are mandated reporters and if something makes our feelers tingly, we're required both by law and moral obligation to report it.

I hate people who treat CPS calls like OMG THE WORST THING SOMEONE COULD DO!!!! If someone saw me treating my child in a way they thought was harmful and called CPS, I'd thank them for doing all they could to protect my kid. I might be embarrassed or upset that someone thought I was a negligent mother, but that's nothing compared to the possibility of a child being neglected and no one caring about it. I have a lot of respect for anyone who contacts CPS for reasonable concerns.

Considering all the fundies we keep an eye on, it's actually not that common of a thing for anyone on FJ to call CPS anyway.

SERIOUSLY. I mean, I consider telling girls they're worthelss except as walking incubators to be abusive and disgusting, but I'd have to have CPS on speedial if I was gonna call on every woman hating toadbrain with a blog. But beat the shit out of your kid? House them improperly? Brag about messed up obedience tactics, or about feeding them starvation diets? Have children mysteriously falling ill and lying comatose on your couch for two days (ARGH)? Yeah, I'm glad someone's around to call CPS!

IMHO I think one of Alices true concerns is lost of readership and dilution, not law suits. Alice doesn't hold back a lot when commenting on TW.

GOMI is a horrid site to navigate but if you click on the topic on the right 'recent deep thoughts' and 'Bathroom Baby Saga' you'll find more comments on TW. People on GOMI were pissed. But they wanted merely to stand on the curb and be horror struck while watching the train wreck.

edited: riffles and addition:

Jenna's sister is coming to visit for two weeks. Where the hell is she gonna sleep? Bathtub? Kitchen counter? With ThatWife and ThatJerk?

Hmmmm, we saw a potential CRIME being committed. Some people reported it to the correct authorities. Not seeing the problem here. GOMI's owner has a web cam? So, if we saw someone sneak in and take all her stuff on her webcam, we shouldn't report it, because we'd be stepping on her toes?

• 2 weeks later...
Its time for an update FJ.

The cheese has been locked up again according to GOMI :doh:

Someone said today that he sat her down at one point and said, "So what are we going to do about your weight?"

Yeah, I can't imagine a healthy, happy marriage where those words ever happen.

jennacole Jenna Cole

incredibly well. She took notes and consulted with me. The dev therapist is older, more like having an elderly neighbor over. What to do?

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

her there but I can tell it's not going to mean rapid progress for him. The speech therapist is young, quick, and directs his attention

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

T1 had developmental therapy today. I was not impressed with her, but I know coming to us means a job for her. It's not a bad thing to have

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

incredibly well. She took notes and consulted with me. The dev therapist is older, more like having an elderly neighbor over. What to do?

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

her there but I can tell it's not going to mean rapid progress for him. The speech therapist is young, quick, and directs his attention

14 Nov

jennacole Jenna Cole

T1 had developmental therapy today. I was not impressed with her, but I know coming to us means a job for her. It's not a bad thing to have

14 Nov

Great day in the morning, she's actually allowing her child to have developmental therapy and not spending the money on a new handbag!!

I believe FJ was referred to as "online avengers".

I propose that this be the title of the sophomore album from The Free Jingers (it can follow our debut "Songs from the Hive Vagina")

I propose that this be the title of the sophomore album from The Free Jingers (it can follow our debut "Songs from the Hive Vagina")

Naturally each album would be dedicated to a flouncer or fundy who has been the subject of conversation within the hive.

I posted this over at GOMI as well but I just wanted to see FJ's take on it as well:

Oh lord, I just had to repost this here.

OMG Mom Mandy made a post about potty training her daughter Mia. This was Jennas response.

(Thread here http:// theomgmom. com/?p=1362#comments)

"We are working on this a little bit right now. I empty his poopy diapers out into the toilet and let him flush and wave bye-bye. I also squat over his toilet seat (it sits on the toilet, it’s not the little chair kind) and let him watch the pee come out of me. He’s starting to tell us when he’s going poop by pointing to his bum, so we are making slow progress, but I don’t expect him to be trained anytime soon.

I want to live somewhere with hardwood floors, I’d like to go diaper free right out the gate but we have carpet in every room other than the kitchen."

Let me just bold for emphasis.

I also squat over his toilet seat (it sits on the toilet, it’s not the little chair kind) and let him watch the pee come out of me.

….

Maybe I'm crazy but…isn't this a little weird? Maybe daddy should be teaching him since their equipment is the same? I'm no prude, I don't think its insane for a kid to see his parents genitals but…so purposefully?

Someone said today that he sat her down at one point and said, "So what are we going to do about your weight?"

Yeah, I can't imagine a healthy, happy marriage where those words ever happen.

At least not more than once :shock:

Archived