IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

Since you're reading here, Jenna- a crib really isn't optional. Chicago Craigslist is full of acceptable options for less than half the cost of a fancy dinner. Your baby is here to stay and ignoring his existence won't make him magically go away. All it's gonna do is make that kid grow up and dislike you.

My parents pulled this crap with me and I speak to them once a year, grudgingly, because despite everything I still feel a sense of duty.

If that's the kind of relationship you want with your son when he's an adult, by all means, continue stuffing him in random corners with wildly inappropriate furniture for his age. Keep locking him up all alone when he's sick and scared. Ignore his needs for speech therapy and age-appropriate food. Leave him to your parents, who couldn't be arsed to take their incontinent 9 year old to a DOCTOR. While you're at it, you best start beating any sign of a personality out of him, because he's just going to keep having more and more "thoughts" and "feelings", and those are damn inconvenient!

Or you could get some therapy, realize that the way you were raised is completely screwed up, and turn this ship around before it's too late.

This shit doesn't result in a son/daughter. It results in someone who, although a blood relative, wants nothing to do with you.

It's up to you, because sadly nobody is going to rescue that poor child from you.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you won't post her e-mail or anything, but I was wondering--when you say she was humble, did she actually admit that she has done some things...*gasp*...WRONG? Or at least less than ideally?

I know you won't post her e-mail or anything, but I was wondering--when you say she was humble, did she actually admit that she has done some things...*gasp*...WRONG? Or at least less than ideally?

I'm wondering the same thing too.

I am dipping my toe into the shallow end of the pool here, ok....but I read most of this thread without seeing any pics of her or the husband. I finally went to their blog, and was astounded to find such attractive, well to do people. I guess I was expecting toothless frumpy looking people.

You made a really good point. Thank goodness for FJ seeing through stuff like this! (I'm being completely serious here) Appearances can be SO deceiving. Kind of OT but we had a lady on my mommies board and she was thin, pretty, christian, basically she presented a very attractive picture of her life. The truth is that her life is horrible. She is anorexic, the kids have major issues, her husband was caught soliciting on a website for swingers, they routinely cheated on each other, etc. But because she painted such a pretty picture, people had a very hard time believing the truth.

Lyndsie is the same way. Heck, most of our favorite fundie bloggers are.

If Thatwife wasn't so candid about her dislike of T1, I bet people would never guess her to be so callous and detached. I'm just really thankful that FJ has a very finely tuned bullshit detector.

I'm wondering the same thing too.

No, she did not explicitly state that. I didn't go into the details of what I thought was wrong/bad about her parenting in my email, but I did give her a bunch of advice and she thanked me for it and said she'd try it. She seemed grateful, I dunno. I think she's (rightfully) gotten a lot of blowback lately and perhaps it's hitting home that things really do need to change. Either that or she was totally putting me on and snickering behind her computer screen - who knows. I got a genuine vibe but then I tend to think the best of people and I've been wrong in the past.

Did you all see the pic posted on GOMI of the 'photo room' he sleeps in at the grands?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnewm ... o1_500.jpg

Just DAYUM!

I felt bad about our kid having a crib in the corner of our dining room! Not that she ever slept in the thing, mind.

Coming from me, chlidless 25 year old: but if it's temporary, can't you just make an effort and have him sleep in the same bedroom? O_o

Did you all see the pic posted on GOMI of the 'photo room' he sleeps in at the grands?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnewm ... o1_500.jpg

Just DAYUM!

I felt bad about our kid having a crib in the corner of our dining room! Not that she ever slept in the thing, mind.

What firefighter is going to look for a child in a CLOSET. (and we've discussed this topic before)

Releasing myself from the pressure of posting daily has made my marriage better, my life better

Another marriage improved and a better life thanks to by FJ :clap:

This one still blows my mind. It seems like a total cry for help to ADMIT you put your kid in the bathroom to sleep and actually take photos of his sleep set-up, while you also take photos of your HUGE, high-rise apartment with all its space. There is nothing *okay* about your kid sleeping in a bathroom. Hell, I'm in my 30s and my mother still feels guilty about the one time she had me sleep in a laundry basket while they were at a motel in Miami because well, it was what the people at the desk gave her to put a kid in and it was 1981. Before all that posh baby crap came about...

Thatwife's also admitted she's making the blog so Jr. can look back at it as a chronicle of his life. Imagine him and bride-to-bride someday "Awwww, and this is when we lived in that high-rise in Chicago and Mom made me sleep in a bathroom until I was 2." Sounds like something from a John Waters' movie.

What firefighter is going to look for a child in a CLOSET. (and we've discussed this topic before)

Yes. If there is a fire, and people in the house are taken out/inarticulate, guess what?

And photo stuff isn't inactive firewise.

And, small child. Why boast about this shit? "Here are the absolutely terrible conditions I keep my child in"?

Yes. If there is a fire, and people in the house are taken out/inarticulate, guess what?

And photo stuff isn't inactive firewise.

And, small child. Why boast about this shit? "Here are the absolutely terrible conditions I keep my child in"?

The need for attention-whoring and the-world-revolves-around-hubby-and-me attitude over rides everything else. ETA she admits she craves attention even from strangers on the net.

I'm completely baffled that along with all the criticism, she still gets her share of sychophants. One said she loved the idea of putting a kid in a bathroom to sleep, and that her own nephews and nieces slept in closets until they began pullling clothes about WTF?

also in the cheese locking post a few people told her she was lucky to have a husband who supported her goals, and that their own partners would never have enough will to lock their cheese.

This is only a bit of a snark, because she can do what she wants about her own blog pictures, but it seems kind of hypocritical to me--you know how she posts a lot of pictures about her modest fashions? And she always bothers to mention that they're modest?

If you go to her birth story post (which I did because I love birth stories) there is a bunch of pictures of her in the birthing tub wearing just a wet sports bra/bathing suit top or something! That is pretty normal for birth stories, but it does NOT look modest. I guess it doesn't count because she's laboring? IDEK. I just thought it was weird that she always posts about "modest" fashon that must cover her elbows and knees... and then those pics!

This is only a bit of a snark, because she can do what she wants about her own blog pictures, but it seems kind of hypocritical to me--you know how she posts a lot of pictures about her modest fashions? And she always bothers to mention that they're modest?

If you go to her birth story post (which I did because I love birth stories) there is a bunch of pictures of her in the birthing tub wearing just a wet sports bra/bathing suit top or something! That is pretty normal for birth stories, but it does NOT look modest. I guess it doesn't count because she's laboring? IDEK. I just thought it was weird that she always posts about "modest" fashon that must cover her elbows and knees... and then those pics!

The modest dress is an LDS thing, especially if you wear garments. There is even a dresscode for church. The birthing pictures, well, that is a different situation all together. I realize it can seem weird to non-LDS folks, but it is different. Plus, no vagina pictures THAT would be immodest.

I finally told my husband a little summary of TW (he was raised mormon so I said "hey honey, guess what! The latest blog we're discussing is an LDS chick!"). When he heard the list of issues we've discussed he said "you need to call the police....now." I was pretty shocked because he is usually the MOST hands-off, stay out of things guy around. I told him I was fairly certain other people had already contacted various authorities, including the church. He said whoever was contacted at the church would likely contact authorities on their own rather than try to intervene.

I dunno, thought that was all somewhat surprising. I wonder if she'll post about it if she gets a visit from CPS or church authorities.

It's like that Kid Farm video where the dad finds one of the little girls nesting in the pantry when he wakes everyone. :lol:

The modest dress is an LDS thing, especially if you wear garments. There is even a dresscode for church. The birthing pictures, well, that is a different situation all together. I realize it can seem weird to non-LDS folks, but it is different. Plus, no vagina pictures THAT would be immodest.

I've never understood this. I have LDS friends who are super modest in daily life but then wear bikinis at the pool. I asked about it and they were all like "well it depends on the situation blah blah." But sorry, how is it ok for a bunch of guys to ogle you at the pool but not at, say, the mall? I mean I get dressing up for church/temple but it seems odd to be so crazy about not wearing tank tops to the store on a hot day but then lounge around in a bikini.

eta: riffle

I finally told my husband a little summary of TW (he was raised mormon so I said "hey honey, guess what! The latest blog we're discussing is an LDS chick!"). When he heard the list of issues we've discussed he said "you need to call the police....now." I was pretty shocked because he is usually the MOST hands-off, stay out of things guy around. I told him I was fairly certain other people had already contacted various authorities, including the church. He said whoever was contacted at the church would likely contact authorities on their own rather than try to intervene.

I dunno, thought that was all somewhat surprising. I wonder if she'll post about it if she gets a visit from CPS or church authorities.

I'm frankly amazed she hasn't taken her blog down. It's quite incriminating and since it's public, admissible as evidence. (Even if she takes it down, I'm sure people from GOMI have screen shots.)

I'm frankly amazed she hasn't taken her blog down. It's quite incriminating and since it's public, admissible as evidence. (Even if she takes it down, I'm sure people from GOMI have screen shots.)

The GOMI admin is a bit irate and I'm finding her message confusing at this time. It appears she doesn't want mention of FJ on their forums.

The GOMI admin is a bit irate and I'm finding her message confusing at this time. It appears she doesn't want mention of FJ on their forums.

Ooo, someone has her panties in a twist, now doesn't she?!? Not only that, she obviously has no clue about CPS, internet laws, and what you can and cannot be sued over.

Seriously? Is that posted in the comments? That's sad - I liked that site, but banning people from talking about another site seems pretty lame.

ETA: found it on the forum:

"Yeah you know what? I'm getting fucking sick of hearing about what "freejinger" people are doing. This is GOMI. If whoever those people are want to be online avengers that is their choice, but please stop bringing their activities over here as if GOMI should be following their lead. If you people start interfering in actual peoples' lives or agitating for others to do so I will shut down these forums. I don't need to get sued just because you can't keep your emotions under control and confine it to the internets."

WTF?

Archived