IGNORED

If you dare...Listen to the Bates family sing together.

tabitha2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erin,Alyssa and Tori

My favorite ;)

Incidentally,Erin,Alyssa and Tori are out of the country-Another mission trip?

jbr38PGrh08

jbr38PGrh08

mWnm9q5PXWg

Oh wow. That's just awful.

Dear Fundies:

Most of you are not singers. Please, keep the singing in the shower where it belongs.

Love,

Me

sounds like cats having sex.

That is really very funny because one of my cats woke up out of a sound sleep and came over to the computer.

I admit I have no ear for music and can't carry a tune in a bucket but those 2 songs did not sound good to me. Way too twangy.

YEah. Um. Not sure what to say. Ah... Why?

I know this isn't say much, but I'd rather listen to them over the Maxwells. Not saying they're good, just...well, better than the Maxwells. (But that's not exactly a high bar to jump over.)

Well,God did say make a Joyful and loud noise...He did not say it had to be pretty!

That's very true. I've forgotten what God had said. You're full of great wisdom, for sure (unless you're a woman). Then forget everything I said.

Wow, that singing is special. They should stick to instrumentals-they are really terrible singers. Why do all fundies think they can sing? I feel sorry for their audience having to sit through that! Yikes!

Twice a week, on Tues and Sat, when I go into work, I have to hear a group sing to my residents (I close the doors but it doesn't help). I joke that my ears are bleeding. The Bates's are only slightly worse. I am not even half kidding. The only thing the group I hear lacks is the twang. Dear Lord, please deliver me from the Bates visiting my facility. (I work at a Christian nursing home)

Question for singers-Say you have an amazing voice and want to sing something other than old time country or Bluegrass, maybe Broadway or Opera-How do you work with such heavy,twangy accents?

Twice a week, on Tues and Sat, when I go into work, I have to hear a group sing to my residents (I close the doors but it doesn't help). I joke that my ears are bleeding. The Bates's are only slightly worse. I am not even half kidding. The only thing the group I hear lacks is the twang. Dear Lord, please deliver me from the Bates visiting my facility. (I work at a Christian nursing home)

Now that you mention it...

http://www.discoveringhope.org/assets/U ... ton-mp.pdf

:crying-yellow: Why did I listen...?

On a completely related note, now I feel better about my own singing.

They're just very East Tennessee. That kind of singing goes on at little country churches all over America. That didn't look like a small country church, so I guess they were visiting.

Question for singers-Say you have an amazing voice and want to sing something other than old time country or Bluegrass, maybe Broadway or Opera-How do you work with such heavy,twangy accents?

Get some training, either vocally or speech wise. Enunciation is a big deal when you're singing, ask anyone who's performed "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"

Bad singing triggers my tics.

Far to nasal and twangy for me. No. Just no.

I couldn't make it past :29. The Tourettes made it too bloody difficult.

Edit: FUCK! Couldn't make it past :09 in the second video! :cry:

Ghastly.

I could only get through the first video. The only thing worth watching was the littlest boy shaking his hips, looking like he wanted to break into the Twist.

Get thee behind me Satan - and don't push!

Very painfull and Tenn. twangy to say the least. :doh:

I was gonna say they could sing the opening credits to Hee Haw, but the people who sang that had talent. So, no...

I couldn't listen to the whole song. It was too much for my ears and mind. :?

:shock: Wow. It's amazing how the accents come out when they sing. I mean, they have them when they talk as well, but not nearly that strong.

I kind of wanted to hear Zack sing by himself. Since he's marrying Sarah Reith, and her family is very musical, I wondered if he might sound better than the others. I either missed him singing (couldn't listen to all of it) or he's aware of how bad it is and tries to keep his mouth shut.

That was...terrible. I sing better than that. Which, considering the quality of my singing, is saying something.

Archived